• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N 16 Super Saloon

rauf

My sister had a reconditioned Singapore one. Luxury, Comfy n sporty. Leather interior, superb sound system, sporty steering. No real issues I can remember. Only scene was it didnt do too well on fuel. about 8kmpl.

thank you very much i checked the current price year 2000 super saloon n16 1.75m ?

hi,

does anybody know about the 1.3 engine issue as i mentioned above?

can anyone pls enlighten me on the differences between super saloon and ex saloon?

Most of the brand new ones are powered by 1300CC engine. feels lot underpowered, specially with slush boxes. hence the low market value.

thanks..

anybody on thediference between super and ex saloon pls

Hi Friend,

The super saloon has the below additional thing, which EX saloon does not have.

RPM Meter

Climate controle A/C

R/mirror

Power antenna

Back arm rest

Please add if any others are there

• 1 month later...
Most of the brand new ones are powered by 1300CC engine. feels lot underpowered, specially with slush boxes. hence the low market value.

N16 is too heavy for a 1.3 engine. IMO 1.6 engine should be the best. Have a 1.5 one and it performes well. Once got the opportunity to drive a 1.3 and it was a real pain to overtake anythng. :angry-smiley-024: I think it burns too much fuel due to the same reason.

If you thinking of one go for a 1.5 or better 1.6 one.

thanks..

anybody on thediference between super and ex saloon pls

Super: Dual Airbags, Teak panels, Steering wheel with silver nissan badge, Rear headrests, Silver line on the top side of the rubber beading on the bumpers with their colour matched to body colour.

Ex: Single Airbag, No teak panels, Regular Steering wheel, No rear headrests, black or body colour matched bumper beadings.

RPM meter is standard for N16 Super and Ex saloons.

Extras: Bumper lights, reverse sensors, leather interior <- you get these on both models

N16 is too heavy for a 1.3 engine. IMO 1.6 engine should be the best. Have a 1.5 one and it performes well. Once got the opportunity to drive a 1.3 and it was a real pain to overtake anythng. :angry-smiley-024: I think it burns too much fuel due to the same reason.

If you thinking of one go for a 1.5 or better 1.6 one.

By the way, a new face lift is available now at Agents and they offer the 1.5 (or 1.6, can't remember which) version. and it costs some 6.75Mn!!!!

Wonder how many will buy....

By the way, a new face lift is available now at Agents and they offer the 1.5 (or 1.6, can't remember which) version. and it costs some 6.75Mn!!!!

Wonder how many will buy....

6.75Mn!!!! :o ... wonder how much of that is tax :angry-smiley-048:

hi,

does anybody know about the 1.3 engine issue as i mentioned above?

can anyone pls enlighten me on the differences between super saloon and ex saloon?

yes bro the 1.3 is sluggish.Since its heavy,1.3 has a low pulling power and also its got a crappy gearbox.Better go for 1.6 version

Super: Dual Airbags, Teak panels, Steering wheel with silver nissan badge, Rear headrests, Silver line on the top side of the rubber beading on the bumpers with their colour matched to body colour.

Ex: Single Airbag, No teak panels, Regular Steering wheel, No rear headrests, black or body colour matched bumper beadings.

Extras: Bumper lights, reverse sensors, leather interior <- you get these on both models

And also theres a Limited edition called the Luxury edition which comes with power antenna,15" Nissan spoke alloys,Beige leather interior,climate control,In dash 6Cd changer,fog lamps, Dual airbags,leather wrapped steering,wooden garnish,chrome body beeding,Reverse sensors,rear armrest,chrome Door sills,white side indicators .And also I think its available only in Gold and Silver colour.

Ive seen only few in SL and ones owned by my cousin :D

i did some research on this..

the 1300cc has relativley good pulling power..

some frinds in Kandy told that that they very wel negotiate the hills even with 5 ppl..

im talking abt general use..

so, i believe there isnt much of difference..in 1300cc and 1500cc..in DAY TODAY LIFE..

however, the 1500cc is abt RS 75,000 more than the 1300cc

in 1300cc, manual has bettr pulling power than auto tho..

what do u guys think?open for discussion..

i did some research on this..

the 1300cc has relativley good pulling power..

some frinds in Kandy told that that they very wel negotiate the hills even with 5 ppl..

im talking abt general use..

so, i believe there isnt much of difference..in 1300cc and 1500cc..in DAY TODAY LIFE..

however, the 1500cc is abt RS 75,000 more than the 1300cc

in 1300cc, manual has bettr pulling power than auto tho..

what do u guys think?open for discussion..

I have a 2004 1.3 litre manual N16. It was not the best choice, but I had no choice as the 1.6 was out of stock and would not come in until the crazy vehicle taxes were to come in place a few weeks later.

In terms of reliability, I haven't had a single day's trouble with it.

But if you're talking about performance, forget it. Fuel economy also not good, compared to the 1.6 my friend has of the same year. That's due to the reasons others have mentioned, weight etc. It's a heavy car and I've really no idea why they even built it with a 1.3. Do not, I repeat, do NOT get the automatic version of this :D I've had the misfortune of driving this once, with the AC on, and the damn thing barely moved. By the time you get up to speed it's already time to brake. With the manual, you can learn after a little while when to put the power down and what gear you need to be in to get the performance you need. Then it's not an issue to overtake or whatever. This is also how your friends manage to negotiate hills with 5 people in it. Once you're past the learning curve you can do this, before that I had trouble even getting out of underground parking lots. There were couple of times everyone else had to get out of the car.

I don't know about the resale value, most people nowadays just want a reliable car due to the crazy prices they have to pay. If there isn't much of a difference then get the larger engine, otherwise don't worry too much. I usually drive with the AC off, I find that gets me something like 80km per tank more! Even taking in to account drag etc with the windows open.

i have been driving manuals.. and all 1300cc vehicles todate..for the last 6 yrs..

so i hopefully have gone thru the learning curve..

however, i really find manual transmission vehicles give me the driving pleasure..but i guess for a person who wants the ease in driving, auto transmission wud b better..

the fuel economy of my neighebours car..1300cc manual is 9-10km per litre in colombo..and 11-12 outside..i think its fair enuf..

ya anyway, i think the take home message is ,never ever go for a 1300cc auto transmission! if going for a 1300cc, you are much beter off with a manual!

i have been driving manuals.. and all 1300cc vehicles todate..for the last 6 yrs..

so i hopefully have gone thru the learning curve..

however, i really find manual transmission vehicles give me the driving pleasure..but i guess for a person who wants the ease in driving, auto transmission wud b better..

the fuel economy of my neighebours car..1300cc manual is 9-10km per litre in colombo..and 11-12 outside..i think its fair enuf..

ya anyway, i think the take home message is ,never ever go for a 1300cc auto transmission! if going for a 1300cc, you are much beter off with a manual!

mind you,my neighbors car is sunny super saloon 2005 model..(some ppl call it n17!)

Guess that's pretty much what I have, I got mine at the tail end of 2004 but it was referred to as "2005" model I guess. And the petrol mileage is about what I get as well, mostly non-AC driving.

Edited by SeanD

• 8 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=114571:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:11 AM:name=sonick)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sonick @ Feb 3 2010, 09:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=114571"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->thanks..

anybody on thediference between super and ex saloon pls<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Teak panels are not a standard super saloon option.

• 2 weeks later...