• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Successor Of Peugeot 407 Is Not 408 But 508

harshansenadhir

slightly OT

what do you think of new Peugeot logo? :)

from a personal view point as a designer meself, i think they have got it all wrong...

i assume you're referring to the new logo which is there since 405/406 ? what I feel is they're changing it as part of

"modernization" :D and i don't feel they got it wrong (bias me?) and any specific reason for that ?

here's an article of the evolution of Peugeot logo.

http://peugeot.mainspot.net/logo.shtml

nope...there is a newer one...launched very recently

they've even cut the lion tongue off in this new one...

google gave me this :)

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew...eots_tongue.php

not good in 2D appearance, rather as a logo on documents, but as an emblem on a car looks good with those lines and stuff. But I still love the old logo which is there in my profile pic. Lion got nails and fur on the tail :D

I kinda like the new logo; it looks a lot simpler and cleaner.

that it is...but IMO...it looks a lot pansier :P

i mean the lion doesn't look like a lion anymore... they seem to have given up the aggressive look n feel all for the sake of simpler curves...

especially an iconic brand like that with such heritage behind them shouldn't tread that path...

look at the likes of ferrari... if the prancing horse were to be modernized and made simpler and cleaner??? :D

i mean the lion doesn't look like a lion anymore... they seem to have given up the aggressive look n feel all for the sake of simpler curves...

especially an iconic brand like that with such heritage behind them shouldn't tread that path...

look at the likes of ferrari... if the prancing horse were to be modernized and made simpler and cleaner??? :D

or worse, if they took the horns off Lambo's raging bull! :o

lolz in that case they should have never messed with the original...but I see your point. Cleaning up a logo does work sometimes though. For example take the Dodge logo. It went from being something weird and vague to an easily recognizable well defined symbol that represents the brand very well.

Edited by Kavvz

Yes I think the new badge isn't good. The Lion looks more like a polar bear to me. As if its fur is soaked with water. This modernization looks quite unprofessional.

I'd bet though that they carried out some consumer tests with people who are non-car-enthusiasts and the new badge got a resounding thumbs up :(

I liked the Gold Lion on the 70's cars the best.

lolz in that case they should have never messed with the original...but I see your point. Cleaning up a logo does work sometimes though. For example take the Dodge logo. It went from being something weird and vague to an easily recognizable well defined symbol that represents the brand very well.

modernization is good and needed from time to time by all means...but it should be done with some understanding of how all these things work up at the end of it all...

good example is the coke logo...

Coca Cola logo has been modernized over the years and at time the tweaks are so minute, it takes a closer look to figure out what has changed...

anyways...guilty of major OT :P

let talk about the 508 now :D

anyways...guilty of major OT :P

let talk about the 508 now :D

:violent-smiley-099: , rather we discussed something interesting than day dreaming. Even the old 407 is beyond reach in this country with scary tax schemes. (white vans, no pls) some 407s are now sent to scrap yards in UK, not to mention the sad state of HDI Executives priced close to 3.0 mil here. Pampered ones goes for 2k GBP or 3k max. Older models sent to the scrap yards for merely 90 GBP, where as we spend millions to acquire one. So let's talk about 508 :rolleyes: