• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Mark Ii Engine Wrecked

Malaka2

Previously in my thread I asked your advice on my mark ii, due to over heat some parts were burnt and some were merged due to burn..

1. Two ignition coils which refer in this link

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItemDesc.a...525&emvcc=0

2. Two injectors

3. All radiator related hoses.

4. Gasket

5. And piston rings expanded and bind to piston sleve..

so total cost that he estimated is Rs. 76,000 approximatly..

And worstest case is i can't find those parts.. Please anyone has a clue on this.. Please guys, I'm totally lost..

i am no expert but i think you should take a trip to kurunegala in case you can't find any parts in colombo. check with any friend or relation in kurunegala to do a hunting job for you. if you do not have any personal contacts around there then drop me a personal message, my cousin bro is down there and might be of help. i don't know about markII but kurunegala has parts for cefiro's so i assumed they have for markII. bdw it's very bad of you to not keep track of temperature meter and cooling systems in general.

don't worry malaka, i am sure everything will be alright in the end :)

but Malaka should you not be checking with Toyota Lanka first? plz keep us updated with repair costs and contacts that you make. i might too end up buying a car in the same league and might find this information useful.

good luck with your repair mate:)

Sorry to hear.

You should have attended to teh headting problem,? anyway now too late.

Try Charlton, Jayasiri at Mawanella - for a new I mean a recon engine.

AT Nugegoda Delkanda opposite the petrol shed there is a big auto spare shop, I think the name is like

Fujimi or something, they had a complete car dismanteled, also check Euro Nippon and others.

This is nopt so common engine, so if the guys got it you may be able to negotiate.

But as suggested above try Toyota Lanka, if not GS Motors at Panckikawatte,

don't worry too much, engine rebuilding is not a very issue.

If engine replacement necessory what do you think, should I go for diesel engine or petrol..

i think resale value will suffer if you dump a diesel engine. i think a diesel convert to a markII is not exactly what a markII buyer wishes. may be i am wrong.

trust me malaka don't compromise the orginality of the vehicle, it ain't just worth it.

i suggest you rebuild the "whole engine" and i am sure it's all worth it. we once rebuilt a 2c engine and my god the difference after rebuild was great. a person who replaced a similar used engine drove our vehicle and claimed that the re-built engine is way better than a typical used engine in the market.

Now I'm on my way to toyota lanka.. I'll update you guys with the price..

Curious to know... how long were you running the engine with no water or even glancing at the temp gauge? For an engine to knock out due to overheating the issue would have been there for a while? How often did you check the coolant levels? Maybe there is a lesson to be learnt here for all of us.

• Like 1

Believe or not I drove It kandy to colombo that day, may be water leakage occured in near kadugannawa, when engined stopped near kagalle.. So may be I Drove 20 km without water.. It's a huge mistake and can't forgive it.. I always learn from hard things and cost much more..

One ignition coil cost Rs.14,500

Reconditioned engine with gearbox cost 4.5 lakhs.. I'm totally flattered.. For few months I can't even breath, if replacement proceed..

I think you should rebuild too.. perhaps its not as bad as it sounds... get another opinion by another garage.... give this guy a call, 0777738011 (Chulan).

Edited by VVTi

Believe or not I drove It kandy to colombo that day, may be water leakage occured in near kadugannawa, when engined stopped near kagalle.. So may be I Drove 20 km without water.. It's a huge mistake and can't forgive it.. I always learn from hard things and cost much more..

true.. BTW machan.. i'm Malaka too from kandy.. may be we have some similar fate.. but i'm little bit lucky. Once i travel Kandy to Colombo i noticed the gauge goes up so i check there was a leak in rubber hose. tightned it up and went back :rolleyes: