• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Vanette

wug

I'm against typing sinhala words in english here,and it has nothing to do with my sense of patriotism...It's because not everybody in SL understands sinhala,there are tamils and muslims and burghers reading this site and some of them don't speak sinhala....not to mention the few foreign members registered here...so english is the best way to post here whether you like it or not...and Al has survived thus far without being "patriotic" as some would put it.

and to all you FAKE Patriots wearing american jeans,driving Jap cars and listning to tupac trying to stir up trouble...PISS OFF!!! :angry-smiley-002:

You got no facts in your comment kid.

You clearly mentioned that NOT EVERYBODY in SL UNDERSTAND SINHALA....... AND NOT EVERYBODY IN SL UNDERSTAND ENGLISH EITHER.

and some people havent even heard about SINHALA UNI-CODES.

The worst case scenario is NO SINHALA Unicodes and less knowledge of english. use your genius mind and solve that issues master don.

y are u against typing sinhala words in english?

I kindly invite you to be the official Sinhala-English translator (Good Samaritan) if you are willing to help others. :angry-smiley-048: PISS OFF U DAMN KID

PS- Not in a mood to argue now.. jst be kool man..

This goes out to all AL forum members...special dedication by DKG.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDEVXSt0iI...feature=related

Edited by da_kool_guy

You got no facts in your comment kid.

You clearly mentioned that NOT EVERYBODY in SL UNDERSTAND SINHALA....... AND NOT EVERYBODY IN SL UNDERSTAND ENGLISH EITHER.

and some people havent even heard about SINHALA UNI-CODES.

The worst case scenario is NO SINHALA Unicodes and less knowledge of english. use your genius mind and solve that issues master don.

y are u against typing sinhala words in english?

I kindly invite you to be the official Sinhala-English translator (Good Samaritan) if you are willing to help others. :angry-smiley-048: PISS OFF U DAMN KID

PS- Not in a mood to argue now.. jst be kool man..

This goes out to all AL forum members...special dedication by DKG.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDEVXSt0iI...feature=related

what the f*ck uncle...you tell me to piss off and then say your not in the mood to argue...that is not possible ne uncle...of course I have to reply...

and please dont stop now...this is good entertainment courtesy of you and Dr.Sylvi Wijesinghe(M.A.D & O.L.D unversity of mangobanana)...please do carry on :D

and checkout this thread http://gamer.lk/index.php/topic,6944.msg132136.html#new

it's from another SL forum...where english is the main language BUT they have one single thread where people can post in sinhala unicode only...and typing sinhala in english is frowned upon...

this is the way things are run cool uncle,it's the only way to maintain the standard these forums are upholding...get used to it or keep to your "patriotic forums".

If that guy dsnt have sinhala unicodes and no english what will be the solution for it?

Install the unicodes? Its just one file to download and run and a simple google search can find it without an issue. You don't need a degree to get it done. :rolleyes:

what the f*ck uncle...you tell me to piss off and then say your not in the mood to argue...that is not possible ne uncle...of course I have to reply...

මාස්ටර් ඩොන් ඔයානම් මාර උගත් බුද්ධිමතෙක් වගේ :blink::angry-smiley-048:

Edited by da_kool_guy

Install the unicodes? Its just one file to download and run and a simple google search can find it without an issue. You don't need a degree to get it done. :rolleyes:

එහෙනම් පෙරිකල්ස් දැන් සින්හල ‍යුනිකෝඩ්ස් ඉන්ස්ටෝල් කරගන්න විදිහත් කියල දෙන්න.

ඉන්ස්ටෝල් කරගන්න කිව්වට වැඩක් නෑනෙ. විදිහත් කියල දෙන්න. එහෙම නේද හොද?

If you are busy just let me know i'll prepare the document behalf of you.

එහෙනම් පෙරිකල්ස් දැන් සින්හල ‍යුනිකෝඩ්ස් ඉන්ස්ටෝල් කරගන්න විදිහත් කියල දෙන්න.

ඉන්ස්ටෝල් කරගන්න කිව්වට වැඩක් නෑනෙ. විදිහත් කියල දෙන්න. එහෙම නේද හොද?

If you are busy just let me know i'll prepare the document behalf of you.

Errr... No. Go to locallanguages.lk, they have already made the documents. No need for you to show off.

Also while you have been going on fighting for someone -

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=7909&hl=

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=7911&hl=

You'll notice the man is posting in quite decent English, despite your assumptions to the contrary. So it looks like all your effort is quite unnecessary.

After your posts I cannot use sihala words in English. I'm an Engineer. I don't like to fight with others. That's why i didn't post any thing in this tread. I can use English but some can't. This website is open for all so if any one doesn't know English they have a way to communicate with us. So If any one post like me don't blame to them.

Edited by wug

After your posts I cannot use sihala words in English. I'm an Engineer. I don't like to fight with others. That's why i didn't post any thing in this tread. I can use English but some can't. This website is open for all so if any one doesn't know English they have a way to communicate with us. So If any one post like me don't blame to them.

yeah :)

i dont think anybody blamed you mate! I feel in all honesty Peri brought up the point for the simple reason to sustain AL's identity that has brought the site to the place it currently is...this is my view and maybe Peri had other reasons.

there have been people way before you who requested assistance/tips from the community using very very rudimentary english.

I didn't see anybody blaming them or insulting them. we just pitched in and helped out everybody in what little ways we can.

To cut it short...i think mods and members would not want this site to end up like that elakiri site where people who can converse in english choose to use singlish.

I aint saying that style is wrong but that's a different community and the majority there like it...

I can't speak for everybody but i like the way things have been working here all these years.

Edited by Ripper

Well, its like this. To know the sounds that English letters represent, you generally tend to know English. Otherwise, you can't string together letters to make the sounds, and you can't read the strung together sounds posted by others. You need to, considering how many combinations of English letters can be used to end up with the same sound. Which is really the root cause of difficulty in reading Sinhalese using English letters. The same sound may have many combinations of letters. A combination of letters might produce different sounds. Err, pronunciations.

So ... meh.

End of story.

i dont think anybody blamed you mate! I feel in all honesty Peri brought up the point for the simple reason to sustain AL's identity that has brought the site to the place it currently is...this is my view and maybe Peri had other reasons.

there have been people way before you who requested assistance/tips from the community using very very rudimentary english.

I didn't see anybody blaming them or insulting them. we just pitched in and helped out everybody in what little ways we can.

To cut it short...i think mods and members would not want this site to end up like that elakiri site where people who can converse in english choose to use singlish.

I aint saying that style is wrong but that's a different community and the majority there like it...

I can't speak for everybody but i like the way things have been working here all these years.

agree totally with what you say...