• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Full Tank Range - City/out Station

Chris0628

Hey guys... just thought this might be interesting survey. This is not the manufacturer spec.. this is personal experience...

Car(Make/Model/Year) : Honda Civic/Civic-EK3/2000

Transmission : Auto

Tank Capacity : 40 (i think)

Range (City/Out Station) : 310

430+ (had abt 10% left when i topped it up)

Car(Make/Model/Year) : Toyota/Premio/2002

Transmission : Auto

Tank Capacity : 60 (i think)

Range (City/Out Station) : 520

580+ (had abt 20% left when i topped it up)

Car(Make/Model/Year) : Mitsubishi/Lancer/2001

Transmission : Manual

Tank Capacity : 50 L

Range (City/Out Station) : 580 - 600 (with about 5-7 litres left in the tank) /

700+ (with about 5 litres left in the tank)

i'm sorry but this not the best or most accurate measurement for fuel consumption is it... if a particular car has a larger tank it will obviously go further, but that doesnt necessarily mean its 'better'... afterall we dont but fuel by the 'tank-full'... we go on a liter basis...

and besides unless the engie chokes to a stall we can never know how much it REALLY runs on a fulltank..

i'm sorry but this not the best or most accurate measurement for fuel consumption is it... if a particular car has a larger tank it will obviously go further, but that doesnt necessarily mean its 'better'... afterall we dont but fuel by the 'tank-full'... we go on a liter basis...

and besides unless the engie chokes to a stall we can never know how much it REALLY runs on a fulltank..

yes... but the thread is to get an idea of the RANGE on a car...it can have a 90Ltr tank..but if its doing only 4 per ltr then the range is lower than a 121 :)

yes... but the thread is to get an idea of the RANGE on a car...it can have a 90Ltr tank..but if its doing only 4 per ltr then the range is lower than a 121 :)

what dilesh pointed out was this RANGE can differ based on the fuel consumption and at which point you decide to fill her up. Better if the figures are like, number of Km's driven from the point of topup and number of liters pumped to make it a full tank again, which will give out the exact or most accurate km/l figure.

what dilesh pointed out was this RANGE can differ based on the fuel consumption and at which point you decide to fill her up. Better if the figures are like, number of Km's driven from the point of topup and number of liters pumped to make it a full tank again, which will give out the exact or most accurate km/l figure.

That's why we call it an ESTIMATE mate..... :rolleyes:

by the looks of things my cefiro is able to deliver 500km+ in heavy traffic out of a 70L tank.

honda city 500km+ in heavy traffic out of a 45L tank.

townace lotto(no lonegr with me) 600km+ in heavy traffic out of a 55L tank.

diesel van has the highest range!!! sadly the exact vehicle that i don't have with me <_<