• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Rates For Import Of Suv

racerx

Im trying to import a prado on a blue permit but am trying to figure out how much I will have to spend. So far all I can find is cars between 5 and 10 years is 10% of CIF. The car Im importing or trying to is a 2001 Toyota prado 3000cc diesel manual with a CIF value of 13 laks. Im look for an estimateto how much it would be. Thanks for all ur help

Im trying to import a prado on a blue permit but am trying to figure out how much I will have to spend. So far all I can find is cars between 5 and 10 years is 10% of CIF. The car Im importing or trying to is a 2001 Toyota prado 3000cc diesel manual with a CIF value of 13 laks. Im look for an estimateto how much it would be. Thanks for all ur help

IS the blue permit the same thing as the retirement / secretary permit? what is the cif price limit?

The duty on the Diesel vehicles is 515% of the CIF value (not what you give but according to agent valuation) and it is then depreciated 10% for each year upto a maximum of 60%. So in your case it will be just 60% of depreciation. But just see if its financially beneficial to you first before you import. Speak to Toyota and get an idea of how much they valued the Prado diesel in 2001 and then do your calculations.

Also I dont remember for sure but sometimes you cannot transfer it for a certain period of time.

The duty on the Diesel vehicles is 515% of the CIF value (not what you give but according to agent valuation) and it is then depreciated 10% for each year upto a maximum of 60%. So in your case it will be just 60% of depreciation. But just see if its financially beneficial to you first before you import. Speak to Toyota and get an idea of how much they valued the Prado diesel in 2001 and then do your calculations.

Also I dont remember for sure but sometimes you cannot transfer it for a certain period of time.

Any body knows duty for a diesel or petrol Car? Audi or 407?

Petrol under 1500CC

Diesel under 2000CC

I think you cannot transfer for 5 years.

Any body knows duty for a diesel or petrol Car? Audi or 407?

Petrol under 1500CC

Diesel under 2000CC

I think you cannot transfer for 5 years.

There is no below 1500cc its now below 1600cc and duty comes to around 217%

Diesel I'm really not sure about the below 2000cc capacity or whether something of that kind exists. But on vehicles like the Defender and so on it'll be 515%.

Above 1600cc I presume would be in the higher bracket of 287% or so (need to check)

There is no below 1500cc its now below 1600cc and duty comes to around 217%

Diesel I'm really not sure about the below 2000cc capacity or whether something of that kind exists. But on vehicles like the Defender and so on it'll be 515%.

Above 1600cc I presume would be in the higher bracket of 287% or so (need to check)

sorry..

petrol below 1800 above 1500cc

and diesel below 2300 cc for cars and 3000cc for SUV's

sorry..

petrol below 1800 above 1500cc

and diesel below 2300 cc for cars and 3000cc for SUV's

I think xxx has answered your question about Petrol. Therefore it will be less than 1600cc 217% and more than 1600cc 287%.

Diesel it doesnt matter as it will be 515% for either 2300cc car or 3000cc SUV.

racerx; it goes like this; ex: vehicle value given by agent (brand new value in 2001) is Rs.1.3mil (exchange rate converted at todays rate) into duty 515% - Rs. 6,695,000/= depreciation is 60% - So you will need to pay Rs. 4,017,000 as duty.

Hope its all clear.

I think xxx has answered your question about Petrol. Therefore it will be less than 1600cc 217% and more than 1600cc 287%.

racerx; it goes like this; ex: vehicle value given by agent (brand new value in 2001) is Rs.1.3mil (exchange rate converted at todays rate) into duty 515% - Rs. 6,695,000/= depreciation is 60% - So you will need to pay Rs. 4,017,000 as duty.

Hope its all clear.

Thanks for this Gummybr. I was very much interested in finding this same information and I’m glad that I came across this thread at AL.

And I’m just thinking, what if a particular model is not having an agent in SL? You think customs have a particular way of getting the correct CIF values for all car brands and models? Do they just go with manufacturer quoted values?

Cheers..

Edited by MrCat

Hope its all clear.

Thanks alot gummy bear. Where do you find these rates online? Whats the tax rate for a petrol SUV?

Thanks

racer X

Edited by racerx

Thanks for this Gummybr. I was very much interested in finding this same information and I’m glad that I came across this thread at AL.

And I’m just thinking, what if a particular model is not having an agent in SL? You think customs have a particular way of getting the correct CIF values for all car brands and models? Do they just go with manufacturer quoted values?

Cheers..

If they do not have an agent they will check it on the net (yes they do have an IT branch, and some of them are very good with the www)

You cannot get the tax rates just off any site or anything as the site will only show the customs duty which is about 28% but it grows due to the other levies such as excise, PAL, SRL, VAT, NBT......... and so on. Its better if you get hold of a guy who knows the subject. There is no tax difference for cars and SUV's its all taxed according to engine capacity as per my earlier post.

If they do not have an agent they will check it on the net (yes they do have an IT branch, and some of them are very good with the www)

You cannot get the tax rates just off any site or anything as the site will only show the customs duty which is about 28% but it grows due to the other levies such as excise, PAL, SRL, VAT, NBT......... and so on. Its better if you get hold of a guy who knows the subject. There is no tax difference for cars and SUV's its all taxed according to engine capacity as per my earlier post.

Thanks so much gummy bear. Any idea what the tax is on a petrol suv x-trail 2000cc