• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carlton Supercross 2010

fuzzo

they were talking about things that they dint have a clue about. They dint know what the cock they were talking about....Rupavahini should ideally get some people who know about racing to do the commentaries...those two jackasses were just annoying talking about aero dynamics & whatever random stuff that come into their mind :angry-smiley-048:

both of them were quite entertaining...

street trail - trail bikes you can buy on the streets of colombo

They were also talking about the indian bikes camera on the helmet & that how the camera mounted on his head is a stupid idea because it affects his aero dynamics......also there was a Shafraz riding a bike where these two jackasses were calling him Shafraz Junaid & telling about how good a rally driver he is

Just saw some pics of Pasindu's car doing its best imitation of a pancake. Nasty! Any idea what happened? Is he ok?

Looks like the dust wasn't so bad this time too.

Tried too hard to get back his position? The first race was interesting till the 1st corner where AP decided to play safely with the dust. 2nd race was very much interesting until Pasindu did the turtle. I think AP did the right thing by getting ahead before 1st corner to avoid driving in the dust.

The presentation ceremony was a real laugh with people getting their trophies before actually completing the 2nd race.

Mayb a "hora" roll cage...

when i saw this on tv i too was shocked cos the crash could have been a lot worse... I hope they really take a good look at their roll cage and other safety devices....

Good think there's a bit of time for foxhill :)

it would be a super race as always if all the guys and their cars are in shape to compete!

when i saw this on tv i too was shocked cos the crash could have been a lot worse... I hope they really take a good look at their roll cage and other safety devices....

Good think there's a bit of time for foxhill :)

it would be a super race as always if all the guys and their cars are in shape to compete!

Lets hope so. But is there anyway that the scrutinzers check these things? I dont think the scrutinizers don't check these things so a Hora roll cage can be put in.

Lets hope so. But is there anyway that the scrutinzers check these things? I dont think the scrutinizers don't check these things so a Hora roll cage can be put in.

Scrutineers do check. However we can only check for the visible signs of a roll cage adhering to the regulations.

Things like if the cage used new steel / old painted one etc is upto the competitor, who knows that the rules are enforced for their safety.

I was at Carlton and almost got run over by a few mad A..holes after the races who were tearing up the track - without any regard for the people walking about.

There was a Diesel Carina and some guy in a Red International jeep who were hammering around the track and did not even slow down when they saw people on the main straight.

BTW: Pasindus crash was severe as the car apparently flipped in the air before landing - hence the rollcage did a good job considering.

I was at Carlton and almost got run over by a few mad A..holes after the races who were tearing up the track - without any regard for the people walking about.

There was a Diesel Carina and some guy in a Red International jeep who were hammering around the track and did not even slow down when they saw people on the main straight.

BTW: Pasindus crash was severe as the car apparently flipped in the air before landing - hence the rollcage did a good job considering.

oooh...so that explains it...

the footage only showed the front part of the car as it started to flip over... didn't see it was getting fully airborne...

dammmit! we dont go for these races and these things happen.... imagine capturing that in a picture???

btw prad...i too once tore down the main straight in katu... :P

but it was really early in the morning and the track was clear of chubby buggers :D

My engine too cut off just passing 140 for some weird reason cos i think the ecu got so bloody confused as to what the f was going on and just gave up on me :D :D

Pasindu's cage held up fine, considering the fact that there are only very basic cage guidelines from SLAS. If you watch the video and you see him in the car upside down, you can clearly see that the cage didn't collapse and he was fine inside. However, from the picture when the car is upright it seems that the roof deformed because the cage wasn't flush with the roofline.

Scrutineers do check. However we can only check for the visible signs of a roll cage adhering to the regulations.

Things like if the cage used new steel / old painted one etc is upto the competitor, who knows that the rules are enforced for their safety.

Sorry for earlier comment but macho scrutinizers cannot actually check the standard of the roll cage right? I mean they will have to go through a series of testing. So its all upto the competitiors to make their machines safer for them.

Sending you a PM on roll cages.