• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vin (vehicle Identification Number)

EXMAC

Hi guys,

I'm a noob and need some advice on the above.....I'm was checking out a ES3 Honda RS recently and it was a pretty nice car....but the VIN "Plate" thing was missing the seller said it was misplaced when he had done a paint job.....but the Chassis No. engraved on the body was there....a few more details of the car engine had done 93K (I was doubtful abt this), recently painted (again something i was told to watch out for), Manual (i was told it was not converted from auto or tiptronic).....

so i did the background check got it checked by the RMV & it came out ok...chassis No., engine No....all matching....I even got the condition report from Stafford & it was in good condition, there was no immediate mechanical problems....

but they highlighted the missing VIN plate, the engine No. was re imprinted (or something like that) and the master pump not correctly aligned....

Appreciate the advice on this scenario....tks in advance! :)

Sri Lanka (RMV) as i know doesn't exactly work on the VIN. They use the Chassis Number to identify the vehicle. So you should be ok since you said that everything else matches up. And the chassis No is embossed onto the vehicle so i dont think they can change it that easily. As for the missing vin-plate and the misaligned pump, they do sound like the after-effects of a not-so-meticulous paintjob. In which case you might want to look into WHY and what areas were worked on in the painting. :)

Sri Lanka (RMV) as i know doesn't exactly work on the VIN. They use the Chassis Number to identify the vehicle. So you should be ok since you said that everything else matches up. And the chassis No is embossed onto the vehicle so i dont think they can change it that easily. As for the missing vin-plate and the misaligned pump, they do sound like the after-effects of a not-so-meticulous paintjob. In which case you might want to look into WHY and what areas were worked on in the painting. :)

Yeh the embossed chassis No. is there....& by my noob observation it doesn't look like it's been tampered with...but i'v been advised not 2 buy it b'cos the VIN Plate is not there..... :mellow:

• 12 years later...