• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radella And Mahagastota Hill Climbs 2010

virensti

Hello all, was wondering why everyone was silent bout the 2 events happening this weekend. :)

Would love to see an entry list for the 2 events.. If I'm not mistaken, Radella hill climb is this Saturday and Sunday is the Mahagastota Hill climb.

Gonna be quite a busy weekend for the drivers and peace in Nuwaraeliya's gonna be shattered by high RPM's performance machines. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, was wondering why everyone was silent bout the 2 events happening this weekend. :)

Would love to see an entry list for the 2 events.. If I'm not mistaken, Radella hill climb is this Saturday and Sunday is the Mahagastota Hill climb.

Gonna be quite a busy weekend for the drivers and peace in Nuwaraeliya's gonna be shattered by high RPM's performance machines. :)

yeah...would have gone to watch/snap but sadly have other plans...karting race on saturday :)

yeah...would have gone to watch/snap but sadly have other plans...karting race on saturday :)

Thinking of coming for that myself. Tho the climbs might be interesting. The GTs were spared any kinda punishment at Foxhill so they should be all set to run.

Thinking of coming for that myself. Tho the climbs might be interesting. The GTs were spared any kinda punishment at Foxhill so they should be all set to run.

well i'm kinda taking part in the whole karting thing though i have zero experience in them :)

Hill climbs...i hope the weather holds up and wont come to ruin yet another good racing event...

as for the karts...it would be nice if it rained :)

as for the karts...it would be nice if it rained :)

Trust me its not :D

hmmm... tho since you are used to bad weather biking.... might not bother you much. Those things throw up a lot of stuff for vehicles with such tiny tires.

Or you could solve that by being in front. :) Ethos of local drivers on gravel tracks like Tissa, Foxhill, etc

Trust me its not :D

hmmm... tho since you are used to bad weather biking.... might not bother you much. Those things throw up a lot of stuff for vehicles with such tiny tires.

Or you could solve that by being in front. :) Ethos of local drivers on gravel tracks like Tissa, Foxhill, etc

well you 're right...wet weather and tiny tires without treads don't really mix well.

we were there last night doing a few practice runs...

the track folks watered the track to cool the tires and i hit one puddle right on a sharp curve :)

took a lot of effort to not hit the tire wall but lost my position to another!

those guys should water the straights and not right before the apex :action-smiley-060:

Gotta say the whole thing was heaps of fun :)

It's really tough to overtake another guy who's driving well so if it rains it might make things easier for those who are brave and or stupid...whichever way you wanna look at it :) :)

Devinda

Sadly machang the whole thing was limited to a mere six companies... so you gotta be in one of those company teams to take part.

and man kart to kart...steering, power etc are all different..

I got kart 12 on the first run and the steering was really tight... then i got kart 2 and that one's steering was really light :(

so you can't really put in hot laps as you start not knowing how it will behave...

On race day karts are allocated based on a draw :)

btw the new lap record there is 29.xx something

Edited by Ripper

Got an info from unofficial sources, SL-GT Class event in Radella Hill climb is cancelled due to rain.

Yep got info that the SL-GT event was cancelled. What a shame!

Hopefully the weather gods will hold up for Mahagasthota at least tomorrow.

Got an info from unofficial sources, SL-GT Class event in Radella Hill climb is cancelled due to rain.

Yep, so was the 1600 event :( I'm anyway crossing my fingers and heading out to mahagastota toms mornin. Hopefully the weather will hold up :)

Too bad, all who missed this. High comedy in this.

Dev -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dovetail

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fishtail

And wow, the GT runs were blistering. Well, some of them. Even DDs last run that that pieces falling off Evo V was beyond expectations. Nishan's last run was just sublime.

Too bad, all who missed this. High comedy in this.

Dev -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dovetail

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fishtail

And wow, the GT runs were blistering. Well, some of them. Even DDs last run that that pieces falling off Evo V was beyond expectations. Nishan's last run was just sublime.

Peri, DDs Evo-V or X? Read on one of his interviews the X was the worst he had.

And I hope a kind forum member would share some pics with us.

Evo V, DD was driving a V for this event since the X wasn't available. The V was a bit of a shed but he still managed to be quite competitive with it. As for pics, have them but havent had time to go through/upload as this weeks been a bitch! but will try to do something over weekend.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Evo V. From the talk I had with DD, the X should be out of action for some time. And I'll put up some pics, just lazy to get around to it. I've gone a bit overboard, 1200+ pics, need to trim that number to about 200 or less, otherwise it'll be December when I get thru them all!

Love getting shots like this...

Darin putting the hammer down hard. Check out the smoke coming from the rear wheels :)

mahagastota1.jpg

Brilliant shot mate! Was wondering whether someone managed to get a snap of this. Thought at first there was somethin wrong with the car for the smoke to come.. But thats some serious power to get wheelspin even with the limited slip diff and AWD.

Brilliant shot mate! Was wondering whether someone managed to get a snap of this. Thought at first there was somethin wrong with the car for the smoke to come.. But thats some serious power to get wheelspin even with the limited slip diff and AWD.

Hey pericles,

thanks for the pics mate, as always you ensure that all the pics you take our unique.

Learnt that too much power is not a good thing at hill climbs, last year just ran a stock sti engine with a motec ecu, hence car could be tamed up the hill.

This year the set up was totally different as i was running a fully built engine made by tomei japan. And i just could not control all that power up the hill.

Hopefully some circuit meets should be around the corner :rolleyes:

All credit goes to my cousin nishan and my partner in crime on the circuit ap for their brilliant performance

Edited by darinwrxsti