• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Damaged Dashboard + Air Freshener

ThunderBolt

Hi

I have a FORD Laser 2001 model car (same as MAZDA BJ5P model). I had an “odonil” air freshener fixed near the ventilation panel, last Saturday due to extreme heat air freshener had melt and leaked on to my dashboard panel.  I have attached some photos of the damaged area. I highly appreciate if someone could tell me where I can buy this dashboard frame (golden colour) and the AC switch.

If there’s a place I can get it fixed without replacing, let me know.

Shivanka

23042010113.jpg

23042010114.jpg

Oh shoot..... The biggest mistake people make when fixing airfreshners to cars. Anyways, just drop by at Mazna Motors (pepiliyana junc) and ask them if they would have a spare pannel since they bring some body parts down.

Option -2 - Try Delkanda area

Option 3 - Try checking on Ebay.

Is there a way to clear the melted plastic, any chemical?

don't think any chemical will help this scenario as plastic is melted. Best try would be to remove the panel and level the damaged area using a sand paper and prime using some good plastic prime smooth it and spray with gold blend. Approach a good painter, that would solve the matter. However make sure to be extra cautious when removing the panel as plastic may have become brittle over a period of time. Good luck mate.