• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hummers In Sri Lanka

Watchman

OH this is Troublee ..JSt got xenon lights on the land cruiser..Will they also catch the blue lites installed inside the vehicle (Roof mount)?

WEll according to my uncle who is working with the president,,

how close is ur uncle to d president? n u wont hav to worry abt ur lights if he is wud u? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16mpg pretty decent??? Are you crazy?? Plus, theres a huge controversy here in America aboiut car manufacturers overstate their MPG figures...most of the time they're off by quite a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does even worse than that! There are lots of stories of people buying cars wtih sticker estimates of around 30mpg and them barely getting 20...they just passed some law saying that car manufacturers need to be more precise with their estimates, which is a very good thing I think.

Anybody care explaining whats so great about the H3?? It slightly resembles an H1...absolutely nothing else in common.

And btw...International (yeah..from way back in the day) just won a government contract to design vehichles for the US govt..including the army..meaning that the hummer might finally be on its way out, and something new is on the way. International has been building lots of trucks over the years (big ones..tow trucks and stuff), so it'd be interesting to see what their off roaders are going to look like.

Anybody care explaining whats so great about the H3?? It slightly resembles an H1...absolutely nothing else in common.

very true... the H3 cant be properly categorized into any group.. its nto a SUV.. it lacks the 'sports' and the 'utulity'.. isnt a off-roader... at leats doesnt look like one... and definitly not a showpeice vehicle..

today has been like one of the DULLEST days in the forums!!!!! what on earth's hapened?

MADZ, can you see how many ppl have visited the site today and compare it to previous days?

cos i bet it would have been like 10% of normal....

:(

Yeah. I guess Shak and Fuzzo actually fell asleep today :D

Yay, my 250th post on the forums :):P

wonder what questions the bugger will ask about the hummer :)

i bet we can all guss that!!!

i'm sure at least 60% of these will be asked by him!!!!

1- so, tell us about the eingine

2- yes, we see that the jeep has a very muscular look and a solid off roading look, tell us a little about it

3- now how much would one of these cost in Sri Lanka

4- yes the interior seems to be built to be very attractive and very easy for the driver to use

5- have you added any modifications to this vehicle?

6- yes we see that it has a lot of bumper guards etc for protection

7- we can also see that this is full-option. isnt it?

8- now lets goto our road test of the vehicle... (i bet this will be no more than the H2 running on a little gravel around baththaramulla ... something i bet even a Toyota Camy can do... and maybe drive along IT Drive in Malabe.. all the while some cheesy music playing in the background)

9- yes, that was the road test you just saw.. i'm sure you agree that this is the ideal vehicle to go off-roading...

10- we can also see that there are lots of other technologicaly advanced systems on this to make driving easier...

:rolleyes:

thats all i can think of for now..... we know very well that the host can only praise a vehicle and never 'review' it....i cant wait to see what he has to say about the H2's fuel-cunsumption... i'm thinking he'll never bring it up or would say that "its quite good that such a spectaculay vehicle can perform so economically, considering how big and strong this is"..

what do you guys think?

:)

2- yes, we see that the jeep has a very muscular look and a solid off roading look, tell us a little about it

4- yes the interior seems to be built to be very attractive and very easy for the driver to use

8- now lets goto our road test of the vehicle... (i bet this will be no more than the H2 running on a little gravel around baththaramulla ... something i bet even a Toyota Camy can do... and maybe drive along IT Drive in Malabe.. all the while some cheesy music playing in the background)

9- yes, that was the road test you just saw.. i'm sure you agree that this is the ideal vehicle to go off-roading...

10- we can also see that there are lots of other technologicaly advanced systems on this to make driving easier...

:D

thats all i can think of for now..... we know very well that the host can only praise a vehicle and never 'review' it....i cant wait to see what he has to say about the H2's fuel-cunsumption... i'm thinking he'll never bring it up or would say that "its quite good that such a spectaculay vehicle can perform so economically, considering how big and strong this is"..

what do you guys think?

:)

hahaha

good

in between those going for the commercial breaks

:rolleyes:

what do you guys think?

Hey you forgot the most important thing the guy will say : " The windscreen is made in such a way that the Driver has an excellent view of the road"

what do you guys think?

i highlighted some of the things the guy said....

and they call that a test drive.. shots of te jepe sitting in the garden, and going forward and in reverse in the driveway... that was crap..... did anyone find it annoying that the guest (not the owner) was gogin on and on about the humvee (not even the hummer) and hardly spoke of the H2...

and the host did it again!!!!!!!!!! the owner just showed him that the sunroof was automatic.. and the host asks again "so the sunroof is automatic isnt it?"..and turns to the viewers and says "as you can see the driver can control the sunroof as he wants"... i supose in other vehicles with sunroofs that hes driven the roof opens spontaniouslly to let an occasionaal bird fly into the den....

seriously, i kinda felt that the owner too seemd kind of disapointed in the end...Autovision needs some serious makeovers.... and did anyone see that segemnt about the MG... it was a 'typuical autovision' episode...

Hey you forgot the most important thing the guy will say : " The windscreen is made in such a way that the Driver has an excellent view of the road"

heheheh!!!! seriously! good one .. i forgot that one...and i forgot about the 'very comfortable' seats :D

what got me was that it only did 2 km/litre.. that's just insane....

ya, imagine you spending over Rs.40 for every km travel... and the owner said that iot was very comfortable when goign long distance trips.. i wonder how many of these he's attempted :blink:...

and he says the 2km per liter is running in colombo.. wonder how much Sangakkara spends on petrol running his H2 in kandy, with all the hills and all....

by the way did anyone realize that in the H2, the owner just simply pulled the winch out of its place to opn the hood... that kinda looked wierd, dont you think? and did you relaize the winch (obviously electric) didnt have a [power line coming into it, meaning its only for show.. and the interior didnt seem as cool as i remember it beeing in puctures i've seen... as i remember it had a beige interior/dash, but in this, it looked like it was a dark gray... it made the interior look kinda gloomy, and though the host said there was pleanty of letroom in the back (which he sayd about all vehicles) i saw very little of it.... overal,l i was a bit disapointed in the H2 after watching autovision last night...

And did anyone watch the "off road" segment? the host said a whole lot of lame things..one of the silliest things he said was that "unlike other motor sports off road requires CONTROL in addition to SPEED... in other sports you dont need control to win the race.. but here the driver needs to be in control all the time"... ok, does he think that in other motor-sports all the driver does is step on the gas!?!?! and maybe make a make himself a cup of cofee with his hands which have nothign to do? come on, all sports require control.. i dont mean to disrespect off-roading, but thinking that it requires more or less of speed or control than another sport is wrong!

And speaking of hummer's in Sri Lanka, fuzzu, dont we have some pictures to share with everyone of the h1? hehehehehee!!! No preasure man.. Just kidding ... But still we WOULD like to see the pics of the H1, when you get a chance!!!

:blink: