• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High Speed

Bugatti

Guys,

Just a word of caution..

cops now have the Green light to track down and fine high-speed driving....! teams have been deployed in and around Colombo.

I got copped today at Kirulapona doing 79 km/h

Cop locations: Green Path, Base-line, Galle road in Moratuwa (new road), Havelock road (near laugfs) is what's been reported so far.

Freedom, comes to an end. :angry-smiley-024:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True mate........... There was a paper article in to days lankadepa traffic DIG has said that they will coped High speed.........

Then they have asked about the Highcourt order .....then he has said they will fine him for reckless driving not for high speed & you cant pay a fine & get rid of that you have to attend to the court....................

hulalalalalallalala................

True mate........... There was a paper article in to days lankadepa traffic DIG has said that they will coped High speed.........

Then they have asked about the Highcourt order .....then he has said they will fine him for reckless driving not for high speed & you cant pay a fine & get rid of that you have to attend to the court....................

hulalalalalallalala................

this is ridiculous, twisting laws for their advantage. If its reckless driving, cop has to define why he is charging for reckless driving and prove the case in courts. What these buffoons should've done was implementing speed zones properly and give them speed guns which can take a pic of the vehicle clearly showing the speed and mandate that they have to use it on a fixed tripod or something.

If i get coped, i will demand a ticket for speeding indicting the speed, or clear definition why he says i was recklessly driving. Waiting for someone, preferably a lawyer or judge to challenge this.

Edited by harshansenadhir

Base line road at Dematagoda you can find 05 or 06 cops with a S.I. holding the gun. Now everybody knows and no body is caught. :D:D

Sir,

Speeding is a offense over a certain limit.

As harshansenadhir told early he is waiting till some one challengers this in court.

My opinion is giving a ticket instead of speeding for recklessly driving is a Violation of the Police officer who issues the ticket Legality and Intelligence of that officer.

This point is Questionable in court of law and it is I think this is violation of human wrights issuing a Ticket for a offense a person had not done.

Wijesinghe.

Sir,

Speeding is a offense over a certain limit.

As harshansenadhir told early he is waiting till some one challengers this in court.

My opinion is giving a ticket instead of speeding for recklessly driving is a Violation of the Police officer who issues the ticket Legality and Intelligence of that officer.

This point is Questionable in court of law and it is I think this is violation of human wrights issuing a Ticket for a offense a person had not done.

Wijesinghe.

Oh dear... we are now violating Police officers? So If I drive recklessly, I am violating a PoPo? Great!!!!! Let the violating begin!!

So you're going to Court now? plan on challenging it?

Guys,

Just a word of caution..

cops now have the Green light to track down and fine high-speed driving....! teams have been deployed in and around Colombo.

I got copped today at Kirulapona doing 79 km/h

Cop locations: Green Path, Base-line, Galle road in Moratuwa (new road), Havelock road (near laugfs) is what's been reported so far.

Freedom, comes to an end. :angry-smiley-024:

i believe anything over 72 can be ticketed as reckless driving as that is the max speed allowed anywhere on the island

may be, but the point is not addressed by them. That is, how the cop prove that motorist was doing 72 or above? I have following concerns,

1. is he keeping an old reading value and showing it to me without clearing it up.

2. had he kept the gun at a standstill? if the speeding gun was moving towards my vehicle, the reading would've severely manipulated.

3. if all above was correct, calibration of the speeding gun and gun should be sealed and provided to courts as reckless driving offense does not have spot fine option. So if they're taking it to courts (as per the law, it has to be) the main evidence of the offense, that is speeding has to be provided to courts by sealing the speed gun and produce as supportive evidence. If that's the case cops cannot stop more than few motorists means this does not happen. As I pointed out they twist the law and taking the upper hand.

Hi....

And how abt that tinted problem..

R they ging courts to that as well

:angry-smiley-024:

Guys is anyone have faced that kind of a issue pls pass ur comments......................................................

3 weeks ago my BIL as booked for tinted glasses. The cop told him to remove the tint and come show him to get his license back,. He went the next day and was told it was already sent to courts. Fuinny that as it was barely 24 hours. He threw a tantrum and spoke to the OIC and managed to sort it out.

The bloody coppers in SL are a joke. I have no respect for them.

Exercise in futility... unless you have money to throw and a crack shot lawyer. The Traffic court system is SL is one of the biggest revenue generators.

On point 1 and 2- there is no way to argue on, if its you're word against the Cop's, the law will side with the Cop. Plus the Cop will usually have another officer as a witness.

may be, but the point is not addressed by them. That is, how the cop prove that motorist was doing 72 or above? I have following concerns,

1. is he keeping an old reading value and showing it to me without clearing it up.

2. had he kept the gun at a standstill? if the speeding gun was moving towards my vehicle, the reading would've severely manipulated.

3. if all above was correct, calibration of the speeding gun and gun should be sealed and provided to courts as reckless driving offense does not have spot fine option. So if they're taking it to courts (as per the law, it has to be) the main evidence of the offense, that is speeding has to be provided to courts by sealing the speed gun and produce as supportive evidence. If that's the case cops cannot stop more than few motorists means this does not happen. As I pointed out they twist the law and taking the upper hand.

Well its not fair the generalize.. I mean there are those who do try to do a good job. As it really is a jungle law on the roads sometimes.. I was very happy the other day when they were booking everyone (including) the bike Guys on Marine Drive for breaking the white line, cause it's safety hazard.

3 weeks ago my BIL as booked for tinted glasses. The cop told him to remove the tint and come show him to get his license back,. He went the next day and was told it was already sent to courts. Fuinny that as it was barely 24 hours. He threw a tantrum and spoke to the OIC and managed to sort it out.

The bloody coppers in SL are a joke. I have no respect for them.

Well its not fair the generalize.. I mean there are those who do try to do a good job. As it really is a jungle law on the roads sometimes.. I was very happy the other day when they were booking everyone (including) the bike Guys on Marine Drive for breaking the white line, cause it's safety hazard.

true that by a huge majority of SL cops are rotten to the core and are utterly useless.

how many times have you had a good experience with the cops here?

I've dealt with decent chaps and they number less than 5... and the complete buffoons are by the dozen!

Ok, just got back from the Cop Shop...

There is NO fine for reckless driving... offenders are sent straight to court. My court date is 26th... The place was packed with people, all charged for reckless driving.

Gonna spend the whole day today to try n get back my license..

FYI: My car is for sale if anyone want's it. Gonna buy a Cheery QQ or a Tata Nano. That way, I can be sure not to exceed to 70 km/h.

Hard not to generalize when all the experience we have with 100% of the cops we meet are corrupt, uneducated morons.

FYI: My car is for sale if anyone want's it. Gonna buy a Cheery QQ or a Tata Nano. That way, I can be sure not to exceed to 70 km/h.

Buy a 4DR5 :D Non turbo. Can pretty much guarantee you will stay inside the speed limits. Besides, its exempt from green test and its diesel. And ppl get out of the way somewhat. And if its green the cops won't stop you :D

My fine was reckless driving at 79 km/h (within the lane)

Ok are you gonna hire lawyer too and pay him 1500 + fine or just accept guilty and pay the fine only?

BTW yesterday when I passed katugastota town Traffic OIC in Ka***** police station, overtake me in the bend crossing the single line and he continue to cross it till he pass another two vehicles.

P.S: Don't PM me to ask which OIC. Those who are coming in A9 road or A26 knows the person :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by MkX

Buy a 4DR5 :D Non turbo. Can pretty much guarantee you will stay inside the speed limits. Besides, its exempt from green test and its diesel. And ppl get out of the way somewhat. And if its green the cops won't stop you :D

Well, you are correct about everything, even about the green color coz we have a green color one, but not the green test, we had to get it ;)

this is ridiculous, twisting laws for their advantage. If its reckless driving, cop has to define why he is charging for reckless driving and prove the case in courts. What these buffoons should've done was implementing speed zones properly and give them speed guns which can take a pic of the vehicle clearly showing the speed and mandate that they have to use it on a fixed tripod or something.

If i get coped, i will demand a ticket for speeding indicting the speed, or clear definition why he says i was recklessly driving. Waiting for someone, preferably a lawyer or judge to challenge this.

FYI ONLY------just to clarify- i haven't encountered the new method of filing 'speeding cases' -- but this is a basic charge in Court.

[HOPE IT WONT BORE YOU GUYS !!]

basic 'charge sheet' -->that the accused has breached section 151(3) read with section 214(1) and thereby committed an offence under sec. 217(2) of the M.T.A.

• Section 151(3) states: - “No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway negligently or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway.”

• Section 217(2) states:- “2) Any person who is guilty of the Penalty for offence of contravening the provisions of driving section 151 (3) shall, on conviction after summary trial before a Magistrate, be liable to a fine not less than one thousand five hundred rupees and not exceeding twenty five thousand rupees, and on a second conviction to a fine not less than two thousand five hundred rupees and not exceeding twenty five thousand rupees and on a third or subsequent conviction to a fine not less than three thousand five hundred rupees and not exceeding twenty five thousand rupees and the suspension of his driving licence for a period of six months”

'Elvis_Pil'

Sir,

Yes I will definitely go to court if I am given ticket for a offense not done by me.

Thanks for your encouraging me by posting to plan on challenging it?

In future I will start driving above 80 KMs.

I will definitely get positive results for all motorists benefit.

Wijesinghe.

FYI ONLY------just to clarify- i haven't encountered the new method of filing 'speeding cases' -- but this is a basic charge in Court.

Sir,

• Section 151(3) states: - “No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway negligently or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway.”

If police proves this in court no driver can escape without the fine. This is very clear. but speeding also to a certain extend comes under same section of the law.

I may be correct or wrong your Advice please.

Wijesinghe.