• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Flood Victims (automotive) - Learning Points

Sir,

Almost all new cars have Boxer Engines.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Sir

u better be kidding ryte

Yes You can disable fan by removing fuse control relay or Disconnecting the fan wires.

If they are water proofed can go in Flooded water some BMW HUMMER Etc Can go under flooded water

For Your Information I was Writhing about in 1980 days Cars my Experience Spark plugs Distributor was assessable easily.

If the fan belt is not removed from those engines driving in Flooded water will flash water on them and engine will stop.

I mentioned early at R.A.De.Mel Mawatha I traveled very low Flood water and my Temperature meter doped reading after I came out of Flooded water on normal Road the Meter came back to normal.

Early days motorists used to spray Penetration oil and wash cars undercarriage this was stopped after Clean park educated car owners not to spray any oil only to wash them by high pressure and he used to clean the engine by hand when he washes the engine bay he used to cover that area with polythene cover

Clean Park (Ranjan Rathnasena Esq) is the Father of modern auto detailing to this country Many others followed him.

This forum is there to share Experience with other members and to relate our past Experiences in a friendly way.

But I do not experience that high quality here Some forum members are like Politicians.

Wijesinghe.

well Mr Wijesinge talking about how you drove in floods 30 years back now wont help at all, dont you think, vehicles are different now, i never noticed temp dropping on my lil under water adventures,

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Sir

u better be kidding ryte

well Mr Wijesinge talking about how you drove in floods 30 years back now wont help at all, dont you think, vehicles are different now, i never noticed temp dropping on my lil under water adventures,

Same here.... I have waded the 4WD in to some serious flooded water last few days and was stuck in slow moving traffic while submerging almost half my wheel heigh... but no drop in temp... he he he he.

Sir must be talking about the time he ate some bad chillie and had to sit in the water for a few hours to get the burning off... :)

Edited by VVTi

Sir,

Almost all new cars have Boxer Engines. Yes You can disable fan by removing fuse control relay or Disconnecting the fan wires.

If they are water proofed can go in Flooded water some BMW HUMMER Etc Can go under flooded water

For Your Information I was Writhing about in 1980 days Cars my Experience Spark plugs Distributor was assessable easily.

If the fan belt is not removed from those engines driving in Flooded water will flash water on them and engine will stop.

I mentioned early at R.A.De.Mel Mawatha I traveled very low Flood water and my Temperature meter doped reading after I came out of Flooded water on normal Road the Meter came back to normal.

Early days motorists used to spray Penetration oil and wash cars undercarriage this was stopped after Clean park educated car owners not to spray any oil only to wash them by high pressure and he used to clean the engine by hand when he washes the engine bay he used to cover that area with polythene cover

Clean Park (Ranjan Rathnasena Esq) is the Father of modern auto detailing to this country Many others followed him.

This forum is there to share Experience with other members and to relate our past Experiences in a friendly way.

But I do not experience that high quality here Some forum members are like Politicians.

Wijesinghe.

Seriously? All cars boxer engines? you just became the biggest laughing stock on AL of the week!!!! What kind of automotive experience do you have? OMG!!! So do you do windscreen repairs on BMW submarines as well? Seriously man seriously! To date you have not "shared any USEFUL" experience.. just useless bull$#it...

And didnt know KleanP#$k was the regulatory body on washing cars :P Contrary to what you think you're doing, you're actually ruining business for KP!

I seriously dont see why on earth you're making such a big deal about some water splashing around the engine bay??? do you realize (almost) all cars now have a plastic cover over the fan? and most dont have distributors now...

so the next time I drive my car through a time machine into a flood in the 1980s i'll make note...

wha??...I hope you're being sarcastic sir.

Sir,

I never Write Sarcastic.

Few Members write against my posts and Write Sarcastic. What I write all are my experiences.

You wrote (Seriously? All cars boxer engines? you just became the biggest laughing stock on AL of the week!!!!)

(Seriously? All cars boxer engines? you just became the biggest laughing stock on AL of the week!!!!)

IT IS NOT ME DILESH YOU ARE THE ABOVE FROM YOUR SARCASTIC WRITING.

I HAVE HANDLED MOST EXPENSIVE BMW BENZ USED BY (VVIP) HUMMER MOST OF THOSE VEHICLES EVEN THE PASSENGER CABIN IS WATERPROOFED

Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Same here.... I have waded the 4WD in to some serious flooded water last few days and was stuck in slow moving traffic while submerging almost half my wheel heigh... but no drop in temp... he he he he.

Sir must be talking about the time he ate some bad chillie and had to sit in the water for a few hours to get the burning off... :)

VVIT,

Your engine radiator must be having the temperature control valve.

As you write about Chillies curry It is out of the topic.

I presume that you had that Chillies curry experience and you did as you say and you remembered of that Burning.

Do not write sarcastic writing to the Forum.

Wijesinghe.

VVIT,

Your engine radiator must be having the temperature control valve.

As you write about Chillies curry It is out of the topic.

I presume that you had that Chillies curry experience and you did as you say and you remembered of that Burning.

Do not write sarcastic writing to the Forum.

Wijesinghe.

this explains two things.

Firstly, your chana doesn't have the thermostat valve and you've removed it just like another maka baas.

Secondly, your fan belt trick and engine temperature will be under control when the sump is under water is subjected to having thermostat valve. So while removing the fan belt, one should remove thermostat valve as well. But then again only if someone manage to time travel back to '80s.

Mr wijesinghe, there are some of your past experience which may be not relevant to todays context. Why don't you open up a blog to write down those fond memories rather than going OT in every forum reply. I'm sure you know what a blog is provided that you spend 6 hours on internet and spend mere half of it to update the blog. ;)

Edited by harshansenadhir

Sir,

I HAVE HANDLED MOST EXPENSIVE BMW BENZ USED BY (VVIP) HUMMER MOST OF THOSE VEHICLES EVEN THE PASSENGER CABIN IS WATERPROOFED

Wijesinghe.

Garandiya Kenwood eka uda negala!!

ha ha ha ha ha!!

Members of the forum,

I will still stand to say that I write my past Experiences. Not quoting from others.

Wijesinghe.

Mr Sir

many members got amazed when u said "most of the new cars has Boxer Engines" anyway example ? Toyota ? Honda, Mitsubishi ?

few years back i drove a Honda Ek3 in floods and water level got bit high, then water came inside, that cars was in extreme bad condition cus it was a Tsunami victim, anyway the temp didn't went down, also last year u drove the subaru in the floods but the temp didn't went down,

Wijesinghe.

i saw 4 Hummers and Taj last night, next time i check the tag for "maintain by the Sir"

Garandiya Kenwood eka uda negala!!

ha ha ha ha ha!!

නයි කයිද රෝස් පාන්, සර් එනකොට ගැරඩි කකුල් කඩාගෙන දුවයි කිව්වලු :P

Mr Sir

many members got amazed when u said "most of the new cars has Boxer Engines" anyway example ? Toyota ? Honda, Mitsubishi ?

few years back i drove a Honda Ek3 in floods and water level got bit high, then water came inside, that cars was in extreme bad condition cus it was a Tsunami victim, anyway the temp didn't went down, also last year u drove the subaru in the floods but the temp didn't went down,

i saw 4 Hummers and Taj last night, next time i check the tag for "maintain by the Sir"

Actually YOU said that most cars have boxer engines... I confess i'm ignorant on what models of Toyota Honda or Mitsibishi have boxer engines? i really dont know.. Or do YOU know WHAT a boxer engine is?

Despite 50 years of experience you seem to be quite the dumbA$$ yourself, driving into water like that? what happened? didnt have two people to walk ahead of your car? :P and how does the fact that the car being a tsunami car make it more susceptible to rain floods.

Edited by Dilesh

Actually YOU said that most cars have boxer engines... I confess i'm ignorant on what models of Toyota Honda or Mitsibishi have boxer engines? i really dont know.. Or do YOU know WHAT a boxer engine is?

Despite 50 years of experience you seem to be quite the dumbA$$ yourself, driving into water like that? what happened? didnt have two people to walk ahead of your car? :P and how does the fact that the car being a tsunami car make it more susceptible to rain floods.

If I may point out something..... you are mixing up Sir with the STi.... ;)

If I may point out something..... you are mixing up Sir with the STi.... ;)

ohhh.. makes sense... just made an ass of myself... I was confused on why Sir was adding question marks at the end of brands for the boxer thingy..

And the "maintained by the Sir" joke makes sense now :D

But Gihan, my Ek3 question still holds on the correlation of tsunami and engine flooding?!?!?!

As for the passenger cabin being waterproofed.. once again HOW is it related to the engine stalling in floods?

More to the point, it seems Sylvi probably took "boxer" to mean "boxed" or something like that. As in a sealed unit. I am, of course, assuming, since I have absolutely no knowledge as to the extent of the sealing on the engines he is referring to. Come to think of it, I have no idea what engines he is referring to.

Sylvi, FYI, since you like reading on the internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_engine

This is what Gihan was talking about.

More to the point, it seems Sylvi probably took "boxer" to mean "boxed" or something like that. As in a sealed unit. I am, of course, assuming, since I have absolutely no knowledge as to the extent of the sealing on the engines he is referring to. Come to think of it, I have no idea what engines he is referring to.

Sylvi, FYI, since you like reading on the internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_engine

This is what Gihan was talking about.

Sir,

I did not mean all cars in Srilanka has Boxer engines. Not what you had mentioned about a Boxed or a sealed unit Engine.

I have read about Boxer Engines long before Web established and published about Boxer Engines when reading Engines made in the world during my young student days.

Most manufactures now days go for Boxer Engines because the advantages of same.

Do not think I do not know my subject I need not to blow my trumpet.

Wijesinghe.

gee guys why does it always have to turn into a pissing contest with the old guy? In the immortal words of Axl Rose Live and let die

Sir,

Thank you for your comment.

AXl Rose is a black American singer if I am not mistaken.

Are you referring to his song.

WE all will die one day it is God's Wish.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe.

From a thread which had the potential to be quite interesting, has turned into a laughing stock.. I was looking forward to hearing interesting info rather than just mud slinging... guess this thread's done forever lolz... waste of time and effort on the experiences I posted early in the thread .. sigh