• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Flood Victims (automotive) - Learning Points

VVTi,

Your post Garandiya Kenwood eka uda negala!! You remembered that because your Garandia is bending from middle.

VVTi I THINK YOUR GARANDIA has a Incurable Infection due to this it is LIFE LESS and it comes to your mind to write of your

GARANIA To get help from the forum for a solution injection.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Wijesinghe.

Oh dear... :))) So many years of experience on nothing.. yet do not recognize one of the most common Sinhalese expressions for boasting... :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir,

Thank you for your comment.

AXl Rose is a black American singer if I am not mistaken.

Are you referring to his song.

WE all will die one day it is God's Wish.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe.

Axl Rose is black!!! ha ha ah ha ha ah ah!!!!!

This is better than all new engines are Boxers!!!

Axl Rose is black!!! ha ha ah ha ha ah ah!!!!!

This is better than all new engines are Boxers!!!

VVTi,

I said if I am not mistaken.

I hope you did not understand. Ha ha ha ah ha ha ah ah!!!!!

Garandia is a Sinhala and Kenwood is a English trade name of Products You are creating new Idiotic Expressions.

Go back to School.

Wijesinghe

even one of my Q was left out cos of this.

I'm not gonna comment much on this. Even though I too spend hours on the net, I've got better things to do that to follow crap.

Just use this as my stress reliever :action-smiley-060:

Sir,

I did not mean all cars in Srilanka has Boxer engines. Not what you had mentioned about a Boxed or a sealed unit Engine.

I have read about Boxer Engines long before Web established and published about Boxer Engines when reading Engines made in the world during my young student days.

Most manufactures now days go for Boxer Engines because the advantages of same.

Do not think I do not know my subject I need not to blow my trumpet.

Wijesinghe.

I haven't had this much trouble understanding what a poster is saying since Hola left...

mustnotfeedthetroll.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alrighty then, you are an expert on boxers and think most manufacturers use Boxers. :grinning-smiley-004:

Edited by Pericles

Sir,

I did not mean all cars in Srilanka has Boxer engines. Not what you had mentioned about a Boxed or a sealed unit Engine.

I have read about Boxer Engines long before Web established and published about Boxer Engines when reading Engines made in the world during my young student days.

Wijesinghe.

So who are these 'most' manufacturers?

We dont 'think' that you dont know your subject. we KNOW that!

VVTi,

I said if I am not mistaken.

I hope you did not understand. Ha ha ha ah ha ha ah ah!!!!!

Garandia is a Sinhala and Kenwood is a English trade name of Products You are creating new Idiotic Expressions.

Go back to School.

Wijesinghe

Sir,

Go and polish a windshield. It appears that you have a very big bolt loose indeed!

Best regards

I did hav it on and heard a creaking noise for a short time with the AC on.

now that the weather seems ok, I thought of doing a check up.

What do you think that I should get checked essentially?

Creaking noice could be due to wet auxiliary belts. check out engine oil, gearbox oil for color changes and if possible give entire engine room a good high pressure air clean available at most of service joints. pay more attention to coil pack, relay boxes and any wire connectors inside the loom. If contaminated with water, spray a good contact cleaner and apply a drop or two of engine oil to prevent further corroding/oxidization.

check CV boots and rack boots for possible mud/water inside. if contaminated with water, remove, clean and grease pack again.

sills and some hollow spaces on underbody may catch up and holds water. check thoroughly and if available remove the drain plugs. If not drill the sills out (exactly what I did) and let trapped water flows out. Then spray some oil inside for further protection. I'm sure brands like 3M and Wurth may have some protection chemicals if you really want to try.

I'm not gonna comment much on this. Even though I too spend hours on the net, I've got better things to do that to follow crap.

done the needfull, check whether info provided are usefull. I'm sure others would contribute based on the experience.

Well you have just commented on it haven't you? Why botther saying you aren't going to comment and then comment?

Regardless, as to your question, I believe you wanted to know what you needed to get checked right?

Go to a good Auto A/C place, explain the issue and tell them to check the compressor belts and pulleys and such for any debris..

going back to what sylvi said may be in before 1980 some cars with zero electronic circuits could've survived few hundred meters without the fan running, specilly when engine is half way in the water.

Edited by MkX

going back to what sylvi said may be in before 1980 some cars with zero electronic circuits could've survived few hundred meters without the fan running, specilly when engine is half way in the water.

there's nothing do with the electronics and any petrol car even the first invented ones had spark plugs and distributor, ignition coil which hates to work with water. Also his logic of engine will run on controlled temperature under water fails if the thermostat (heat operated and allows water inside engine block to flow towards radiator at a certain temperature, no electronic hanky panky) presense.

there's nothing do with the electronics and any petrol car even the first invented ones had spark plugs and distributor, ignition coil which hates to work with water. Also his logic of engine will run on controlled temperature under water fails if the thermostat (heat operated and allows water inside engine block to flow towards radiator at a certain temperature, no electronic hanky panky) presense.

true , he must be lying and trying to fool us. :action-smiley-060:

true , he must be lying and trying to fool us. :action-smiley-060:

nah...i think he's simply "retarded"! :( not the kinda thing you can "advance" unlike with engines :D

Guys i'll be coming Dehiwala on this wednesday what road I should take or any flooded areas to skip. :unsure:

1. Kandy - Colombo road and going to Nugegoda in baseline road

2. Turn to new Kandy road from Balummahara junction (via Malabe)

3. Turn from Kegalle then highlevel road from Awissawella

appriciate your suggestions. If all road has major flood i'll have to take bus. I don't think my EK3 is water proof

done the needfull, check whether info provided are usefull. I'm sure others would contribute based on the experience.

Thanks a lot bro. That's a long checklist. Will get it done in a week (sadly that's when I can)

Well you have just commented on it haven't you? Why botther saying you aren't going to comment and then comment?

Regardless, as to your question, I believe you wanted to know what you needed to get checked right?

Go to a good Auto A/C place, explain the issue and tell them to check the compressor belts and pulleys and such for any debris..

Yes, but i said I ain't comment 'much' :)

thanx bro. I'll get it checked

Thanks a lot bro. That's a long checklist. Will get it done in a week (sadly that's when I can)

it all depends on how deep you were on floods and thought of all possibilities. However, certain things like CV, steering rack need to be checked fast. The more you run the more it damages.

Took few hours last weekend and gave a thorough check up and exterior and interior clean up including wheel arches thinking the rains are gone. To my horror it's just started again.

Edited by harshansenadhir

it all depends on how deep you were on floods and thought of all possibilities. However, certain things like CV, steering rack need to be checked fast. The more you run the more it damages.

Took few hours last weekend and gave a thorough check up and exterior and interior clean up including wheel arches thinking the rains are gone. To my horror it's just started again.

No point mate.... I tried to get the same done.. will rough it out till this mess is over and give it a thorough clean up.

No point mate.... I tried to get the same done.. will rough it out till this mess is over and give it a thorough clean up.

Yeah, understood after wasting some money, at least there wasn't any floods in the morning, expecting to see the same on way back simply because the road I'm travelling is notorious for floods at few joints for the smallest rain fall.

Yeah, understood after wasting some money, at least there wasn't any floods in the morning, expecting to see the same on way back simply because the road I'm travelling is notorious for floods at few joints for the smallest rain fall.

did my usual oil/filter change servicing over the weekend and had the car on the hoist. checked up all the boots and stuff cos i too have been wading on and off these past few days and on one occasion knocked something that was covered in water pretty hard :(

no visual damage on the undercarriage luckily but i hope this damn crappy weather clears up fast :(

roads have gotten really bad :( especially the roads close to my place are frequented by heavy vehicles and those bloody things make tiny pot holes into ponds in a matter of hours :(

as tough to believe as it is...the road you took to work in the morning is not the same when you take the return journey back.

certain places that didn't have pot holes will have developed pot holes within that time.... :violent-smiley-030:

Sir,

Wijesinghe.

Mr Sir

i like to know what are the new vehicles that comes with Boxer Engines, as i remember u said Most new vehicles comes with Boxer Engines, also like to know from you what are the advantages Boxer Engine has over other engines, Even thought i dont have 0.1% Experience of yours i have to say Boxer engines are not easy to work with, specially when it comes to changing plugs,

care the explain why manufactures now days go for Boxer Engines and the advantages ?