• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Window Tints-what's The Deal???

Shrapnel

Got this SMS from Ada Derana- that one weeks amnesty from yesterday, has been given for vehicle owners to remove tints not falling under the allowed limits.

Can someone please clarify what the final allowed limits are?

Yeah, Does any one know what is the maximum tint % allowed in front windows?

This new Police Head seems stupid than a cow.... in his announcement he didnt came up with any eligible titn %.... only he said tht they will take actions strictly against tint after one week...

And are we all supposed to get D Ministry approval for tint? what should be the requirement?

<_< This SUCKS guys, why the hell these buggers not understand the advantagous of TINT....

I bet the FUC**R who propose this law is still using a TINTED vehicle, and will continue with what ever approval... normal ppl get SCREWED as always... :violent-smiley-099:

There should be a way to file a case against this in the courts... Or organizing a pettition against this... If someone started defenitly almost all the vehicle owners will raise ther hands... :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by outlander

Yeah, Does any one know what is the maximum tint % allowed in front windows?

This new Police Head seems stupid than a cow.... in his announcement he didnt came up with any eligible titn %.... only he said tht they will take actions strictly against tint after one week...

And are we all supposed to get D Ministry approval for tint? what should be the requirement?

<_< This SUCKS guys, why the hell these buggers not understand the advantagous of TINT....

I bet the FUC**R who propose this law is still using a TINTED vehicle, and will continue with what ever approval... normal ppl get SCREWED as always... :violent-smiley-099:

There should be a way to file a case against this in the courts... Or organizing a pettition against this... If someone started defenitly almost all the vehicle owners will raise ther hands... :angry-smiley-048:

As the author of this has pointed out - if his car's rear shutters are tinted - according to the previous law - he should get a permit to use it, but none bothered to do so. :)

Now - i'm not sure - as the IGP said 'ALL' tints have to be removed. However since OEMs cant be removed - i'm sure the cops can't do anything about it - unless they revert to the old law and ask us to get a permit from the defence ministry :(

I too was surprised with this law -as the war is over now. But according to the IGP the REASON given is - that most of the crimes committed are done by people who come in fully tinted vehicles. :action-smiley-060:

However as someone suggested - a person who's fundamental rights have been affected can go to Court. For example- a person who has been medically advised to travel in tinted vehicles. However others like us who do not have a valid 'legal' reason wont be succeed - even though each of us are eligible to file a case. However such an action might be dismissed on the first date itself :)

However another course of action that can be taken by our membership is to write the benefits of tints [as mentioned above]- on vehicles/passengers - to the letters to the editor of all newspapers. [there should be a number of letters for the public to open their eyes] If there is a positive response - the lawmakers will open their eyes to the advantages of tints. however this course of action may take a long time to succeed - if at all!! :(

just my thoughts.

I didnt see any vehicles with tinted windows being stopped by the cops here in kandy....... I still have my tints on (light tint at front and quite dark at the rear) and didn't run into trouble still.... in fact most of the vehicles here still seem to have not removed the tint on their windows.

Most of the people are not aware of this new law i guess..... even if they know about it, they dont seem to be bothered, just because they are not being checked.

Maybe I was lucky enough to save my tints still :rolleyes:

But anyway, I might be removing my tints very soon rather than wasting my time pleading some cops.

Edited by Killer-B

QUOTE (Killer-B @ May 28 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didnt see any vehicles with tinted windows being stopped by the cops here in kandy....... I still have my tints on (light tint at front and quite dark at the rear) and didn't run into trouble still.... in fact most of the vehicles here still seem to have not removed the tint on their windows.

Most of the people are not aware of this new law i guess..... even if they know about it, they dont seem to be bothered, just because they are not being checked.

Maybe I was lucky enough to save my tints still :rolleyes:

But anyway, I might be removing my tints very soon rather than wasting my time pleading some cops.

That's because there is one weeks 'grace' period :)

Is there any place where we can get the final verdict? Coz I planned to remove my 25% tint on front shutters since I felt rear shutters and rear window tints are allowed. Now I'm more confused with this new one week grace period that says about all tints. I don't mind removing all tints but it will be a waste if the actual statement only meant the front shutters..

Is there any place where we can get the final verdict? Coz I planned to remove my 25% tint on front shutters since I felt rear shutters and rear window tints are allowed. Now I'm more confused with this new one week grace period that says about all tints. I don't mind removing all tints but it will be a waste if the actual statement only meant the front shutters..

All members in the forum,

Please note I can say one thing members only write and criticize no member wants to go to Courts on law matters what Motorists are facing.

About Glass Tint, High speed law.

If all members join I will go forward and represent matters to necessary Authorities.

One post says There should be a way to file a case against this in the courts... Or organizing a petition against this... If someone started definitely almost all the vehicle owners will raise their hands.

Members Write but no action had taken so far all are waiting some one to come forward no body is prepared to share the expenses of a law suit.

Wijesinghe.

Please note I can say one thing members only write and criticize no member wants to go to Courts on law matters what Motorists are facing.

About Glass Tint, High speed law.

If all members join I will go forward and represent matters to necessary Authorities.

One post says There should be a way to file a case against this in the courts... Or organizing a petition against this... If someone started definitely almost all the vehicle owners will raise their hands.

Members Write but no action had taken so far all are waiting some one to come forward no body is prepared to share the expenses of a law suit.

Wijesinghe.

uh-huh.........I was meaning to ask,isn't there a AA(automobile association) in Sri Lanka :unsure: ????I see some cars sporting this badge on their front-grilles-now aren't they suppose to speak for the MOTORISTS???????Wake up,fellows-and DO SOMETHING!!!!! :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Shrapnel

Wijesinghe.

Members are not retired gentlemen of leisure with time to waste in courtrooms. Perhaps you could take it on. From what we gather so far, you have ample assets so you don't need the income from your business, and you spend 6 hours a day on the internet.

Members are not retired gentlemen of leisure with time to waste in courtrooms. Perhaps you could take it on. From what we gather so far, you have ample assets so you don't need the income from your business, and you spend 6 hours a day on the internet.

yep yep!

Spot on!!

All members,

Please understand I am not retreaded at 68 years still active and stand on any forum.

If police gives a ticket to any member for a motor Traffic offense.

He has time to attend court and waste his time spend his money going behind a lawyer.

Or give a call to a high up police officer before the offense is entered in the police Court record book

For a case to appear in court get his license back for the Motor Traffic offense what he had done.

Yes I was born with a silver spoon and inborn ability to meddle with technological matters Qualified like wise.

Wijesinghe.

All members,

Please understand I am not retreaded at 68 years still active and stand on any forum.

If police gives a ticket to any member for a motor Traffic offense.

He has time to attend court and waste his time spend his money going behind a lawyer.

Or give a call to a high up police officer before the offense is entered in the police Court record book

For a case to appear in court get his license back for the Motor Traffic offense what he had done.

Yes I was born with a silver spoon and inborn ability to meddle with technological matters Qualified like wise.

Wijesinghe.

Whoa......this is spinning out of topic(I am reminded of that magic fuel enhancer gadget row)........

Let's leave aside personal jibes and let's discuss the matter at hand! :(

Police in Kandy may NOT have read the latest circular :unsure:

Don't we have anybody with a Politico uncle to help us out??????

http://lankagazette.com/featured/front-window-tints-banned

Since there seems some confusion regarding the rear window tints...this article states that all rear tints are allowed.

I don't have front tints. but I stick those sun covers on the 2 windows. Wonder if they will stop me for that :action-smiley-060:

That was the initial statement when the banning of tints was announced. But what confused everyone is the statement on the 26th or 27th that said there is one week grace period to remove all tints..

Got this SMS from Ada Derana- that one weeks amnesty from yesterday, has been given for vehicle owners to remove tints not falling under the allowed limits.

Can someone please clarify what the final allowed limits are?

Remember seeing one paper article few weeks back on above.

Front- no tint allowed

Rear : 70% transparency ( there will be meters available with cops to measure da transparency.. ) :o

guys, what will happen to the factory fitted rear windows that are with tinted glasses ?

All members,

I assume you meant "retired" here, and not "retarded" :huh:

Anyways, usage of the word "Silver spoon" on your posts, does give us members of the list, a good impression about you :)

Police in Kandy may NOT have read the latest circular :unsure:

Don't we have anybody with a Politico uncle to help us out??????

I also assume Kandy police sounds a bit retarded when it comes to theis tint law. My bro was advised to remove all tints on a van

I assume you meant "retired" here, and not "retarded" :huh:

Anyways, usage of the word "Silver spoon" on your posts, does give us members of the list, a good impression about you :)

I also assume Kandy police sounds a bit retarded when it comes to theis tint law. My bro was advised to remove all tints on a van

shanX'

I don't think you have read good English to understand what I wrote.

You want me to to Retire No No No.You made a spelling mistake (theis) I have never come across that word in English.

I will be active till I die it is God's Wish.

Bro,I share your sentiments.Surely there MUST be an experienced lawyer who would take up this case for PRO BONO basis;we have so many activists taking up so many good causes-it is weird that NO ONE took this up to the powers that be......doesn't the lawyer-types also enjoy going about in tinted-window vehicles,too?????

If someone thinks that all these laws are for the benefit of the motorists/public etc.,one cannot be more wrong...these are just lazy methods(sorry,LaZyBoy :P ) to do the police job(that is protecting the hide of their political masters).....guys,remember the time when this same farking police demanded that motorcyclists NOT to wear helmets???(need I say more???)

Can't they introduce some sort of a pass/sticker for motorists after verifying their background for security-this way,at least ordinary joes like myself can drive on while they can nail a few "Pathales" and such like??????

If the politicos don't feel safe in Colombo,with all these tinted-window vehicles going about then WTF are they blathering on TV saying that now we are absolutely safe and now we can "paraka behela yanna puluwan nidahase" thanks to so and so??????

Sir,

Very well said.

But all our members in the forum cannot spend a Cent and find time to file a case in courts for a verdict like first Driving license case.

Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Hi Guys,

Back to topic, after 1 week grace period what will happened if we caught with tinted windows? Still R they going on the same process as take the driving license and give 14 days to remove tints :rolleyes: or R they going to fine us :violent-smiley-099:

Hi Guys,

Back to topic, after 1 week grace period what will happened if we caught with tinted windows? Still R they going on the same process as take the driving license and give 14 days to remove tints :rolleyes: or R they going to fine us :violent-smiley-099:

More likely they'll do what they did to the seatbelt law, cellphone law, etc., and forget about it after a month.