• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting To Know About Bmw

MkX

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think prestige does and believe me their repair department runs courtesy of the accidents that the gov vehicles have. !! There was a busted X5 there the other day belonging to the convoy of the big man - 5.7M repair bill - and it was an armoured vehicle. Repairs courtesy of us poor citizans of Sri Lanka. And the accident had been caused because a dog had run across the first X5 in the convoy and he had braked and been hammered in the tail by the 2nd X5. :) :) :)

I think prestige does and believe me their repair department runs courtesy of the accidents that the gov vehicles have. !! There was a busted X5 there the other day belonging to the convoy of the big man - 5.7M repair bill - and it was an armoured vehicle. Repairs courtesy of us poor citizans of Sri Lanka. And the accident had been caused because a dog had run across the first X5 in the convoy and he had braked and been hammered in the tail by the 2nd X5. :) :) :)

That makes it 2 X5s.. :)

Edited by MkX

About the the armored vehicles, how did you check it out? :o Do they allow that? I'd love to check out some rare cars like that. Should come to Colombo more often.

Not sure if they'll let you "check it out" as such, but Gota's ex-cars (with bullet marks and all) are parked at the TRC at Narahenpita (apparently because they had no other place to put it). It's even parked close to the front fence, so you can eyeball it without even entering TRC premises :)

Not sure if they'll let you "check it out" as such, but Gota's ex-cars (with bullet marks and all) are parked at the TRC at Narahenpita (apparently because they had no other place to put it). It's even parked close to the front fence, so you can eyeball it without even entering TRC premises :)

& a P38A Range Rover on 302- plate as well :blink:

@RangeRover

You need to get an INPA interface - thats the one that really allows you to do a lot - THOUGH word of warning you can also totally screw the car up if you're not careful :)

Cheers,

Thanks. I just need one to scan my error codes before going in to replace parts, so that i could do my research on the cheapest source of parts and get it. The expert charged be 16,000 for the front abs sensor, which i could have got it for 8,000 from singapore.

Thanks. I just need one to scan my error codes before going in to replace parts, so that i could do my research on the cheapest source of parts and get it. The expert charged be 16,000 for the front abs sensor, which i could have got it for 8,000 from singapore.

Man !!! You could have come over to my place and scanned it for free !! Did quite a few abs sensors for friends. My bro is also using a E46 318i. The left front ABS sensor is a common failure on the E46. Keep a couple of spares for the front myself

Is your car ASC or DSC ?

Cheers,

Man !!! You could have come over to my place and scanned it for free !! Did quite a few abs sensors for friends. My bro is also using a E46 318i. The left front ABS sensor is a common failure on the E46. Keep a couple of spares for the front myself

Is your car ASC or DSC ?

Cheers,

By the way does the expert have a DIS system now with the yellow head ? Or what exactly does he use to scan now ?

The IS models have a much lesser displacement than their M variants. They do have power above the normal "i" models but are far behind the "m" variants. We dont have any M5's in SL. We only have one 318is and 318ti (318is engine).

The IS models have a much lesser displacement than their M variants. They do have power above the normal "i" models but are far behind the "m" variants. We dont have any M5's in SL. We only have one 318is and 318ti (318is engine).

The 318is and 318ti you mentioned here.. is it without the one that waiting for full restore at Kelaniya?

I can remember there was an E39 M5 that was brought down by the A*W owners, was totaled and later restored.

Hmmm.... haven't heard of any.. but if so damn !!!! I only know of a E60 530i which has been modified like a M5.

Is your car ASC or DSC ?

Cheers,

@MadMMX

I should have dropped u a line and come and got it scanned! My first warning lights since ownership, so got a bit panicked. Mine is a DSC. Did switch off the DSC and really push the car over the weekend. Was a fantastic feeling especially when the turbo kicks in. Really enjoyed the fruits of a BMW 150hp engine