• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Green Test Problem With My Toyota Sprinter Ae100.

dilruk83

Question

6 answers to this question

Green test problem with my Toyota Sprinter AE100.Its got double of the CO2 . what should i do for pass my green test..?I already cleaned my air filter.Please any advice to pass the green test ....

if the air filter is old, cleaning alone wont make a big difference. Especially since our garage fellows tend to blow pressurized air into the filter material from both sides.

cleaning from outside>>In only makes the dust go deeper into the filter material making it even more clogged up.

assuming your filter is in good shape... another good thing to do is a full tune up...

Injector cleaning, new plugs etc...

it would be handy if you can have the full results just to see where this extra CO2 is coming from.

AFAIK C02 and water vapor is the bi product of fuel burn so you would anyway have that.

For the CO2 to jump through the roof means...at least to me...that you're burning extra fuel

Maybe the forum member "Maithri" can chip in since he seems to know a great deal about emission related issues!

It is EFI model with 1.5 engine capacity

a good tune up as ripper said including a proper throttle body clean up would help. If that doesn't help, probably you will have to get your sensors and fuel injection calculator AKA ECU checked by a competent garage which has a scanner with the ability of reading error codes.

a good tune up as ripper said including a proper throttle body clean up would help. If that doesn't help, probably you will have to get your sensors and fuel injection calculator AKA ECU checked by a competent garage which has a scanner with the ability of reading error codes.

one of the culprits can also be the O2 sensors.

most people tend to ignore these ones cos when they go bad the car just goes into open loop and work ok without any noticeable issues.

This model has two...one in the air box and the other in the exhaust manifold...

if all fails...might wanna check that out too...