• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electric Cars

Sylvi

No that's them. Used to call it the e8, but I guess that was before Audi launched the electric r8. We were in touch with these guys discussing the possibilities for a while. They were very interested, I think one or two of them planned to make a vacation out of it to come help us put it together. But both parties gave up the idea simply because of cost. Bro now wants to someday import a tesla model s. Gotta hand it to him he's one ambitious bugger. If he does you guys will be the first to hear about it!

Don't misinterpret this post as a 'low blow', i thought what makes RX8 so special is its unique wankel engine. Won't taking that out (assuming it'll be completely swapped with the electric drivetrain) simply makes the car just another shell???

The wankel gives out pretty early, and most rx's in sl are in the hands of ppl who wouldn't know a wankel if it came up and bit them on the ass! Meaning they've been piss-poorly maintained. We wanted to take a shot rx for this.

And those guys don't make the kit for any other car. Yet.

But anyway bro hit some rocks and both these projects are now only adolescent wet dreams. I hope he manages to get a tesla someday. It's been his dream forever.

And tesla is planning on opening an Indian dealership in 2015-16. That's our earliest hope.

Hmmm.. you got a point there. When you first mentioned about the conversion my first impression was, here's a 'glorified' mazda bongo engine transplant lol.

Anyway, any reason why the kit is only available for RX's?

Similar reasons as I quoted above. They're a cottage industry in its true sense. Just a bunch of enthusiasts who pooled their resources together to come up with an EV. Their pilot project was based on an rx. I don't think they have enough money to branch out into other cars yet. I guess its adapting the gearbox to each model that's the hardest part

Similar reasons as I quoted above. They're a cottage industry in its true sense. Just a bunch of enthusiasts who pooled their resources together to come up with an EV. Their pilot project was based on an rx. I don't think they have enough money to branch out into other cars yet. I guess its adapting the gearbox to each model that's the hardest part

Komisiripala,

You are perfectly correct. I will couple gear box with a one way racer so that it will be semi automatic free wheel drive (HIGH QUALITY WEIGHT CARRING [NM] BALL RACER) still negotiating the cost with Chinese supplier.

I saw few years back one person had done with a fork lift motor. For a car with Lead Acid batteries in a motor show at BMICH.

I did this to an Old Skoda Octavia car which I had 4 sri in 1980s with a universal joint a Toyota ke 20 engine. Every 2 years I changed the Universal joint due to failure.

Later that car was given to a friend of mine he did not maintain same ended up UN road worthy, sold only the Engine for Rupees 12000.00 scrap the car body. I wish if I preserved this chassis today. I could have done this trial which had a very good Skoda chassis can easily do a modification because of heavy build chassis with front suspension.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.