• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Galadari the paddocks or the Galleface green? Thats my kind of place to hang-around.

MINIACE

Galadari can't be the paddocks. Events going on, like my buddies wedding. Pulling out his hair coz he has been told roads are closing at 5 or summin.

Galadari can't be the paddocks. Events going on, like my buddies wedding. Pulling out his hair coz he has been told roads are closing at 5 or summin.

Can imagine what your friend is going through...guess he needs to talk to Hotel management and obtain special arrangements for himself and guests.

MINIACE

Galadari the paddocks or the Galleface green? Thats my kind of place to hang-around.

MINIACE

Paddocks are going to be on a road which is next to where the track goes, (Can't remember the name) its basically the road which comes along the YMBA (I think) not too sure..

Champion racing driver seeks anticipatory bail

Monday, 05 December 2011 21:16

emailButton.png printButton.png

iage60.jpgThe well-known Sri Lankan racing driver Dilantha Malagamuwa today filed an anticipatory bail application in court to pre-empt the possibility of his arrest on charges of a non-bailable offence.

He cited the CID Commercial Crimes Unit (5) OIC as the respondent.

In a case before the Colombo Fort Magistrate, the CID alleged that Mr. Malagamuwa had introduced a Sri Lankan businessman Gnanadeepam Sivajothi to a Japanese Yoshiyuki Hayashi for an investment project in Sri Lanka.

Mr. Hayashi had given a loan of US$600,000 to the businessman who had expressed his willingness to pay back US$840,000 within three months but the businessman had failed to do so and this had resulted in the Japanese making a complaint to the CID.

The CID alleged that Mr. Malagamuwa who assisted in interpreting the first complaint of the Japanese national had done so improperly. It was alleged that Mr. Malagamuwa had obtained Rs.15 million from Mr. Sivajothi and thereby committed offences that come under section 398, 400 and 389 of the Penal Code.

In his petition, Mr. Malagamuwa denied all allegations levelled against him and said he had not taken money from the businessman and not interpreted the first complaint in a wrong manner.

He said the respondent had levelled several charges against him on non-bailable offences and his arrest would damage his reputation in the sports arena.

The petitioner stated that the Tourism Ministry of Sri Lanka had appointed him as an ambassador for tourism to assist and support Sri Lanka tourism’s efforts in promoting country’s offer to the world at large.

He said former Japanese Prime Minister Keizo Obuch had highly appreciated him stating that he had worked his way up to become a qualified driver in Japan’s most prominent speed car race. Mr. Malagamuwa said he had received major international honours claiming the victory of Nippon Formula Championship in 2007 becoming the first non-Japanese Asian to compete the game. He said he had also won Malaysian GT championship on several occasions and added that the travel restrictions imposed on him would prevent him from participating at many national and international games and thereby he moved Court to grant him anticipator bail.

Having considered the bail application, Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne ordered that notices be issued on the the CID Commercial Crimes Unit (5) OIC to be present in Court on December 7, the next date of the hearing. (Lakmal Sooriyagoda)

"Dear Racing Fans. I am sure you all are eagerly awaiting for the CNR. I want to make it clear that Dilantha is NOT in jail. Lot of those who are jealous are spreading the rumors and even gone to the extent of writing to the papers against OUR champion. He will be here on the 13th and any one who wishes to meet him, please let me know. Cars have already been shipped and 2 Lamborghini's will be shipped out tomorrow. THIS IS THE TRUTH. Please share this if you care about someone who has brought tremendous image to our gorgeous SRI LANKA."

Just got this off FB, a person's status update (Don't wanna disclose the name) Dunno how true these rumours are.. :unsure:

Edited by virensti

Colombo Road Race SLGT Class ......This could be a record in srilanka ....

Abeeth Dangalla

Aravinda Premadasa

Ashan De Silva

Carman Thenuwara

darin weerasinghe

deepthi perera

dileepa fernando

pasindu peiris

jawid wahab

tharindu lokuge

riyaz farook

rizvi farook