• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

not to be going OT here.. but anyone selling a B4 tiptronic...

going OT here...

A friend has a B4 triptronic with a faulty box... it's lovely looking car but now the car can't go over 50km's or something :P

bugger gets beaten by tuk tuks now

Apparently it costs a lotta moolah to sort it out due to fancy electronics involved in it...

if you want...i can hook you up with him :P

going OT here...

A friend has a B4 triptronic with a faulty box... it's lovely looking car but now the car can't go over 50km's or something :P

bugger gets beaten by tuk tuks now

Apparently it costs a lotta moolah to sort it out due to fancy electronics involved in it...

if you want...i can hook you up with him :P

yeah ripper.. thats exactly how i want to spend my money on.. a faulty b4.... since i wasnt born with a silver spoon up my ... dont think i fancy it... :action-smiley-060:

on the other hand how much of a lotta moolah are we talking about.. if senok can fix it... someone can buy it minus the fixing cost..

Edited by charitha19

The flooding of A/L classifieds is a good sign on where the 2nd hand market is heading..

Many sellers.....My assumption is most of these vehicle owners want to make use of the tax cut and get newer vehicles...More in this category will drive the market nowhere but DOWN :alc:

Wishful thinking ???? :P

Edited by VWvortex

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO BE ANOTHER SYLVI for god's sake.

What do you mean by Quoting me on this post Did I cheat you or rob you. Your are writing out of topic.

Do not Quote me in future

Wijesinghe.

you ..... .. .. ...... .. ..#@%!&@ :action-smiley-088: nope nope....... I'm not gonna say anything

hey i think the point on looking fr a decent unregisterd car..in the 2.5 million category isnt happening

ANY unregistered japanese sedan (reconditioned) i might b able to buy for the above price?any suggestions pls?

Vios??? Belta??? Yaris???

A car seller told me even the basic, manual Axio might come down to 3million range (not sure though)

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Jun 8 2010, 03:01 PM)
you ..... .. .. ...... .. ..#@%!&@ :action-smiley-088: nope nope....... I'm not gonna say anything

I believe the answer you are looking for is "I didn't quote you". Technically, you referred to him, not quoted him.

I believe the answer you are looking for is "I didn't quote you". Technically, you referred to him, not quoted him.

Yea sort....... of but I'd rather type something like "I didn't quote you...you #@$%^! I just referred to you" ;)

The flooding of A/L classifieds is a good sign on where the 2nd hand market is heading..

Many sellers.....My assumption is most of these vehicle owners want to make use of the tax cut and get newer vehicles...More in this category will drive the market nowhere but DOWN :alc:

Wishful thinking ???? :P

Looks like it - but it doesn't look like any of them are factoring in that decrease :(

This Freelander looks stunning - but given that a facelifted J Plate 2003/4 one was selling for 4 Million it makes this pricey :(

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=27786 - But i must admit , i've seen a lot of Land Rovers, but This particular Freelander , at least from the pictures really is Mint!

good to see an enthusiast owned vehicle with all the manuals etc

yeah ripper.. thats exactly how i want to spend my money on.. a faulty b4.... since i wasnt born with a silver spoon up my ... dont think i fancy it... :action-smiley-060:

on the other hand how much of a lotta moolah are we talking about.. if senok can fix it... someone can buy it minus the fixing cost..

A friend of mine has an RSK triptronic

Checked with Toyota Lanka this evening. Prices for the following BN vehicles are as follows:

Yaris(1300cc/Jap) - Rs. 4.45 mil

Avanza(1300cc/Indonesia) - Rs. 3.2 mil

Hilux D/Cab(2.5l/Jap/4WD) - Rs. 6.7 mil

They claim that they are selling from their current stock at revised prices to reflect the tax reduction. Says they are happily bearing the loss in clearing the vehicles :unsure:

Btw I'm sharing the following google doc on BN vehicle prices. Please feel free to update with whatever data you get. I've already updated it with the data I've collected from this thread :)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al...dQR1E&hl=en

Looks like it - but it doesn't look like any of them are factoring in that decrease :(

This Freelander looks stunning - but given that a facelifted J Plate 2003/4 one was selling for 4 Million it makes this pricey :(

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=27786 - But i must admit , i've seen a lot of Land Rovers, but This particular Freelander , at least from the pictures really is Mint!

good to see an enthusiast owned vehicle with all the manuals etc

Aren't Freelanders supposed to be highly unreliable though? Or am I dreaming? Cos it's a lovely car, and I remember being obsessed with them (way before any of these damned taxes were introduced), but did not consider it due to what I read on the Internet back then (cos if it's on the Internet, it's GOTTA be true no :P)

Aren't Freelanders supposed to be highly unreliable though? Or am I dreaming? Cos it's a lovely car, and I remember being obsessed with them (way before any of these damned taxes were introduced), but did not consider it due to what I read on the Internet back then (cos if it's on the Internet, it's GOTTA be true no :P)

Oh they are! :(

I can think of 3 inherent faults right as this minute! such a shame cuz they're lovely to drive , the ride is nice and reasonably frugal - but its almost a certainly that in true Land Rover style they will konk off sometime or another...and possible again...a few more times! :(

I recon for a vehicle that is as tempting as that, it would be worth risking about 2.5 Million - but if the IRD & VC haven't been replaced yet, then shave another 500k off or else it going put a massive dent in ones wallet

but yet & for all, this particular one seems a lovely specimen :)

There is a rumor going on which says due to the sudden increase in demand for Japanese vehicles the auction prices are gone up in Japan. Anyone else heard that / can verify that?

This ain't no rumour boys it is as real as it gets. Simple economics, surge in demand while there' no change in supply. Even though there's tons of JDM makes and models only a handful of model are popular in SL thus there a very high demand for these particular models. Plus the age restrictions has narrowed down the selection to YOM 07/08 ones. Uncertainty about the future of the tax slash and the hunger to cease the opportunity has made things worse.

Hi,

i got following info from Agent

taxm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope this is ture

Hilux D/Cab(2.5l/Jap/4WD) - Rs. 6.7 mil

Quite a significant difference from what was earlier predicted isn't it??? If anyone want to know the real effects of the tax changes please stop using the internet and ring or make a visit to couple of major importers in a bout a week or two.

I`ll wait for the cheaper used Singaporean cars to come....And forget about Japanese auctions!!! :-)...Or one can combine a short holiday with car shopping in the lion city.

Its sickening how car importers/dealers will have enough reasons as to why prices are still up!

I`ll wait for the cheaper used Singaporean cars to come....And forget about Japanese auctions!!! :-)...Or one can combine a short holiday with car shopping in the lion city.

Its sickening how car importers/dealers will have enough reasons as to why prices are still up!

yeah...those guys would not want to transfer the tax benefits to the end consumer any time soon...

since the market was down and not many people made massive gains...quite possibly they might be thinking of making some gains during the transition period... possibly things will settle down after sometime :)

Maruti 800cc - 975000(new price)

Maruti Alto - 1235000(new price)

Got it from A*W

didn't really know the earlier prices but this doesn't look that great... i mean not great enough to make a huge difference... like a market crash :rolleyes:

didn't really know the earlier prices but this doesn't look that great... i mean not great enough to make a huge difference... like a market crash :rolleyes:

Yup tru, this is disappointing :( Govt gives a heavy tax concession, but we dont see that being passed on to the consumer.

AND THAT IS BLOODY UNFAIR !!

I dont care how much my current car sells for, but I do hope the car market crashes here in SL. It is a bloody manipulative market. Earlier it was the govt. Now here we have the middle man to eff us all the way. At least for once let the Sri Lankan commoner get a decent car and enjoy life.

Edited by timmy