• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

Hi Guys

do you think how long will it take "new stocks " to come into play ? that will come very late, even though they have

new stock they will never say it is as new stock,That time these prices are again risen up guys

Ans there is a definite possibility that fuel prices will go up soon as the information i got but not so sure

:action-smiley-060:

Thanks

Regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

What u lookinat...? 207..? 407...? :D

lol, was replying to a question asked about the new price of an Alto, so "agent" literaly meant A*W.

Not so fortunate to afford a BN Pug right now. Was looking for a reasonable 406 executive or GTX or a 307SW, and search continues.

Hi Guys

do you think how long will it take "new stocks " to come into play ? that will come very late, even though they have

new stock they will never say it is as new stock,That time these prices are again risen up guys

Thanks

Regards

sumith

it all depends on who had stocks on and who didn't get this news unofficially. One spokesperson from A*W said that they didn't have any stocks <_< . Most of agents might've got lucky in this scenario except H*nd*i Lanka, coz they said they had some stocks on hand. Car sales and agents will bring the prices down aiming more volumes and this is something they wanted from Govt. due to the same reason.

Hi Guys

Thanks

Regards

sumith

You can check the documents related to the import. If they quote the same higher price for new vehicles, it's not us but them who loose money. Coz we demand a lower price.

You can check the documents related to the import. If they quote the same higher price for new vehicles, it's not us but them who loose money. Coz we demand a lower price.

Hi Dude

That is in short run only dude, when they dragging this procedure,buyers also dragging purchase ,that time things are changed and price increases ,still we are looses , they buy new stock with lower price and sell them for higher prices later

Thanks

Regards

sumith

The 2010 model Hyundai Tucson is going for 6.6 mill now

the 2010 Hyundai Elantra is now 4.1 mill

both vehicles are petrol of course

the percentage reduction in the graph is not quite accurate

but there seem to be at least a 30% reduction in cost

Don't suppose either of you three have a source for this?

I, for one am delighted! I wanted a new monitor for graphics work, a major price cut would be awesome! Maybe I'll be able to afford a good one now :D

Hope this means there will be a good drop in camera/lens pricing...

Edited by Saturn

The 2010 model Hyundai Tucson is going for 6.6 mill now

the 2010 Hyundai Elantra is now 4.1 mill

both vehicles are petrol of course

the percentage reduction in the graph is not quite accurate

but there seem to be at least a 30% reduction in cost

IMO the 2nd hand prices will be affected once the used unreg cars start coming into the country. The brand new prices would still be quite steep.

Hope this means there will be a good drop in camera/lens pricing...

What, you didn't see Dhanush's stuff for sale on Flickr? He's selling enough stuff to open a damn camera store! (or buy that 70-200 f2.8 IS II)

Hi Guys

I am feeling so sorry most of the people are dreaming to buy new cars etc etc , i don't know why they don't understand this,

they some how will charge in any other way the amount that they slashed ,Finally WE ARE LOOSERS the People who will win are POLITICIANS.I am not taking any politics here. but it is the reality.

For an Example THEY REDUCE VEHICLE TAX BY 50% AND INCREASE AUTO SPARE BY 100% in next few months. :(

Thanks

Regards

sumith

oww shaddap and enjoy the feeling of HOPE! :P

clipimage002eo.jpg

Podilamaya thanks for sharing but i quite dont get how this works. I was reading off the lines for Diesel Motor Cars 2500CC and above and the current tax structure shows a total tax percentage on CIF of 524% but adding up all lines I come up with only 213%.

Its quite acceptable the current structure has about 500% taxes on diesel vehicles above 2500CC but not too clear on how it sums up to 524%.

Hope you get what im saying.

I'd like to see an actual link for that chart, as I'm getting it via e-mail with no source, or a variety of sources "ascribed" to it. I can't actually find it anywhere on any stockbrokers website (or anywhere else)?

Hi Guys...

Heard tht this 50% cut off was done only for a short TERM ----

The perpose was to import LUXURY vehicles to GOV officials and for the permits ----

Will tht possible :angry-smiley-024:

What you guys think .... :jumping-smiley-013:

Come on man, what is with all the negative vibes here? And why does everyone try and shout down when something good happens in the country (not talking about you, Outlander). Are they that averse to change?

If the govt wants to bring down luxury vehicles with permits (which they have been doing for years, tax free...) then they will do it. No need to go through all the hassle of revising taxes and what not.

These changes have been a long time coming, even though the public only found out about it in the last couple of months. They are in line with what was recommended by the President's taxation committee. If they are only short term then tough luck, but lets not just create speculation without any basis in fact.

I'd like to see an actual link for that chart, as I'm getting it via e-mail with no source, or a variety of sources "ascribed" to it. I can't actually find it anywhere on any stockbrokers website (or anywhere else)?

Come on man, what is with all the negative vibes here? And why does everyone try and shout down when something good happens in the country (not talking about you, Outlander). Are they that averse to change?

If the govt wants to bring down luxury vehicles with permits (which they have been doing for years, tax free...) then they will do it. No need to go through all the hassle of revising taxes and what not.

These changes have been a long time coming, even though the public only found out about it in the last couple of months. They are in line with what was recommended by the President's taxation committee. If they are only short term then tough luck, but lets not just create speculation without any basis in fact.

Well there are a few who blame the govt for everything whether good or bad. When there is nothing to say they at least try to say that something is done for the benefit of govt personnel. That why there are some negative comments. When the govt increases duty they complain and when the govt decrease duty also they complain. They are called the "opposition" :D

Very correct!

Typical Sri lankan middle class mentality== NEGATIVE

Not purely the fault of the people, but its what the environment has done to them...even something that looks good on the surface is looked at and analysed in all possible means to reach a negtive explaination..

As SeanD mentioned in his post, this is a outcome of discussions the business community has had over a period of time. In fact PBJ promised our company these changes somewhere in Jan 2010.

Well there are a few who blame the govt for everything whether good or bad. When there is nothing to say they at least try to say that something is done for the benefit of govt personnel. That why there are some negative comments. When the govt increases duty they complain and when the govt decrease duty also they complain. They are called the "opposition" :D

Here's an article then for the "permanent opposition": http://www.island.lk/2010/06/04/news1.html