• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Prices Of Vehicles Under Reduced Tax

nadunr

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, are you sure that the tax isn't going to increase soon ? most of the people says that it will. any idea ?

Do you know where 'most of the people' are getting their information? Usually it's one self-appointed expert who overhears something from a car salesman who is trying to make a quick buck, and then goes round spreading it. I don't think there is much for the govt to gain by suddenly increasing the tax in november, because the actual revenue they lost due to decline in imports was pretty big. Also, insurance companies have announced they will be revising the premiums in line with the new taxes. Usually they are among the first to know of impending changes, and I doubt they would take the effort to revise premiums if the tax is going to increase in 3 months.

Do you know where 'most of the people' are getting their information? Usually it's one self-appointed expert who overhears something from a car salesman who is trying to make a quick buck, and then goes round spreading it. I don't think there is much for the govt to gain by suddenly increasing the tax in november, because the actual revenue they lost due to decline in imports was pretty big. Also, insurance companies have announced they will be revising the premiums in line with the new taxes. Usually they are among the first to know of impending changes, and I doubt they would take the effort to revise premiums if the tax is going to increase in 3 months.

Hi mates,

Under this tax reduction I have thought to import a Peugeot 307 or BMW 3 Series from the UK can anyone roughly tell me how much will it cost me after the tax reductions in SL.

Please your thoughts & suggestions in this regard will be appreciated..

Yes. I totally agree with you. This just another rumour which is being spreaded by desperate sellers. Do not trust this. you have ample evidences to prove this tax reduction is going to last.

I fully agree with you. These are the desparate sellers, car sales guys, brokers who spread this theory to somehow sell their stock in hand at a higher price by misleading the public. Let's not get caught to these. They all know prety well that when the new stocks come in, the stocks they have in hand have less value. So they make desparate attempts to keep the prices high. Also please note, it is these same people who will condemn your vehicle to the max and say that the taxes will come down even further in the near future when they try to buy your vehicle.

yeah.. i think the same way.. thanks SeanD :)

I really don't want to get all political here so i'll keep this nice and short. When you take into account the past track record of 'saying one thing and doing the complete opposite' strategy of this regime it is reasonable (at least I think) for people to have their fare share of doubts. They say 'Once bitten twice shy' right!

Now to get to L board's theory, you got a point that with time people who are quoting absurd prices will be forced to accept reality and people who say i'm never going to sell my car will surely change their mind when everyone around him start to drive a shiny new car. But the way I see it for the market to come down buyers perception should change too. For instant lot of us have a sweet spot for sedans. But for the under 2.5mil price bracket there are only a handful of options and almost all of them are Korean. So unless the buyer in that segment thinks otherwise his pursuit to buy a sedan will keep the market bloated for a certain degree.

Same applies to mid range SUV's. A recon will cost close to 6mil. If someone is on a mission to buy a midrange SUV and if he don't have the finances to go for a recon he has no option but to surrender to the seller. We saw a similar phenomenon with older diesel SUV’s in the recent past.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello friends,

I think it will be useful for us to have an idea about actual prices (under revised tax) of different vehicles.

Lot of people quoting different "Old Prices" and "New Prices"..

But we should have an idea of actually acceptable prices, cos as users, i think we should not be exploited by mudalalis..

I am also one with minimal knowledge about the prices.. All of us can benefit from knowing the real values..

thanks

If you can give the first digits of a chasis no of the vehicles you are interested in (eg NZE141, NZT240, NZT260) I can provide helpful details.

Fire Dragon

today i called C*r M*rt to get checked the prices of Peugeot. they said that the production of 407 & 307 are stopped already. the replacement of these models will be 408 & 308 which would be coming from next year and they are not sure about the prices of it. i think by the end of this year these cars will be available in Sri Lanka....................

Edited by JAFF

:action-smiley-033:

today i called C*r M*rt to get checked the prices of Peugeot. they said that the production of 407 & 307 are stopped already. the replacement of these models will be 408 & 308 which would be coming from next year and they are not sure about the prices of it. i think by the end of this year these cars will be available in Sri Lanka....................

Just noticed this, did they say 408?? Successor of both 407 and 607 is 508 instead of 408. Model 408 is launched but manufactured in China and only offering for Chinese market at present, not a successor of 407 and based on 308 platform.

Just noticed this, did they say 408?? Successor of both 407 and 607 is 508 instead of 408. Model 408 is launched but manufactured in China and only offering for Chinese market at present, not a successor of 407 and based on 308 platform.

but when i called them thats what they told me <_<

but when i called them thats what they told me <_<

no wonder knowing them ;) Even the parent website doesn't carry 408 as a main stream car. It's something like 206 Sedan! made only in Iran. Unless otherwise they have plans to bring Chinese assembled 308 Sedan (=408) here.

no wonder knowing them ;) Even the parent website doesn't carry 408 as a main stream car. It's something like 206 Sedan! made only in Iran. Unless otherwise they have plans to bring Chinese assembled 308 Sedan (=408) here.

thats sick :alc: bringing down Chinese assembled Peugeot????? :o