• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Prices Of Vehicles Under Reduced Tax

nadunr

Saw an ad for the Suzuki Swift (Dzire) sedan.

Anybody know the price for this model.

According to an "A*W new price list" e-mail it is Rs. 2.7 Million.

Swift Dzire is essentially a Swift with an "attached" boot.

It is made in India and is the replacement model for Maruti Esteem.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Brand new and theres a warranty as well compared to the jap cars in that price range.

Looks good too.

Must say Hyundai have improved.

Hyundai is the rising star in the all important US auto market. they earnt every bit of that success. my next car might very well be a hyndai sonata current generation car. true they built horrible cars in the past but they have steadily imporived now and offer great value.

Hyundai is the rising star in the all important US auto market. they earnt every bit of that success. my next car might very well be a hyndai sonata current generation car. true they built horrible cars in the past but they have steadily imporived now and offer great value.

There was also talk that Kia might close up.

So hyundai has good scope to move forward and someday give good competition for the jap car makers.

According to an "A*W new price list" e-mail it is Rs. 2.7 Million.

Swift Dzire is essentially a Swift with an "attached" boot.

It is made in India and is the replacement model for Maruti Esteem.

Comparing with the hatchback model whats the price difference between these two cars.

so many weeks after the price reduction, these are the prices that i found of unreg vehicles

Toyota Corolla Axio(2007/08) 4.2mn - 4.8mn

Toyota Corolla-Brand new(2010) 5.65mn

Toyota Allion & Premio-Brand new(2010) 5.5mn

Toyota Vitz(2007/08) 2.5mn - 2.8mn

Toyota Belta(2007/08) 3.1mn - 3.7mn

Toyota Vios(2007/08) 3.75mn

Toyota Rush(2007/08) 4.7mn

Kia Cerato-Brand new(Base model)(2010) 3.6mn

Fiat Punto-Brand new(2010) 3.3mn

it seems like prices of reconditioned vehicles haven't reduced as we thought but only the agents have reduced their prices accurately

so many weeks after the price reduction, these are the prices that i found of unreg vehicles

Toyota Corolla Axio(2007/08) 4.2mn - 4.8mn

Toyota Corolla-Brand new(2010) 5.65mn

Toyota Vitz(2007/08) 2.5mn - 2.8mn

Toyota Belta(2007/08) 3.1mn - 3.7mn

Toyota Vios(2007/08) 3.75mn

Toyota Rush(2007/08) 4.7mn

Kia Cerato-Brand new(Base model)(2010) 3.6mn

Fiat Punto-Brand new(2010) 3.3mn

it seems like prices of reconditioned vehicles haven't reduced as we thought but only the agents have reduced their prices accurately

Is this Vios a newly imported one (new tax) or a price adjustment of an old unreg one? I think it is of second type. Price is too high.

Is this Vios a newly imported one (new tax) or a price adjustment of an old unreg one? I think it is of second type. Price is too high.

i dontknow about that. i called few fellows & inquired about the price but they all said the price i have mentioned above.

i dontknow about that. i called few fellows & inquired about the price but they all said the price i have mentioned above.

What difference exist between the corolla axio and the brand new corolla that comes here? i find the brand new much better looking, and comes with the illuminated dash board. any idea on second hand market compared to the axio?

What difference exist between the corolla axio and the brand new corolla that comes here? i find the brand new much better looking, and comes with the illuminated dash board. any idea on second hand market compared to the axio?

i think after sometime the axio would be better in terms of second hand market. bcso axio is supposed to be the domestic model (same rule applies for Allion unreg vs corolla brand new)

i think after sometime the axio would be better in terms of second hand market. bcso axio is supposed to be the domestic model (same rule applies for Allion unreg vs corolla brand new)

corolla b/new is not said to be as good on fuel as the axio.

Brand new allion for 5.5 sounds like quite a deal. An unreg will fetch a similar price tag. Is that an official brand new from To*ota L*nka or an unofficial brandnew?

Sounds about right machang for the 2008 new face Vios

Brand new allion for 5.5 sounds like quite a deal. An unreg will fetch a similar price tag. Is that an official brand new from To*ota L*nka or an unofficial brandnew?

well.. thats an unofficial brand new machan..

as far as i know only the exterior is different but these two cars got the same interior.. the brand new 141 has a 1.6l engine & axio has a 1.5l engine

Last few days I went to almost all the car sales in colombo and suburb. According to car importers there is a huge demand for vehicles(mainly for cars) after the tax reduction. Also there is a shortage of unregistered vehicles in the market mainly cars. It is almost impossible to find some cars such as Honda civic. But Axio, Belta , Vitz, Allion and vios are available. Customers have to choose form limited selection of cars. I think importers are trying to make artificial shortage. They show the images of the next shipments and ask to pay an advance. Last week prices are slightly increased.

isn't that bad for that car?

i dont think so... it has got a 1.6l engine & thats good enough if it does 8kmpl within colombo rush hour traffic. the carina 1.5l(Auto) that we had did only 8kmpl within colombo rush hour traffic. im talking about the figures i got pumping 90 octane, not 95 or extra premium

Edited by JAFF

I find that car much better looking than the axio. It looks very closely like the camry. My only worry is the second hand market. What would the ideal price range for a registered car of this type?

yeah obviously it looks better than the Axio. i have seen these cars have been advertised for 4.2mn before the reduction of prices. The T*y*t* l*nk* quotes 5.65mn for a brand new 141 :jumping-smiley-013: i guess still they're trying to clear the old stocks

yeah obviously it looks better than the Axio. i have seen these cars have been advertised for 4.2mn before the reduction of prices. The T*y*t* l*nk* quotes 5.65mn for a brand new 141 :jumping-smiley-013: i guess still they're trying to clear the old stocks

4.2 mil prior to the tax reduction? i doubt it. there was one for sale for that price on autolanka which could not be transfered for 5 years. I was under the impression that it went for around 5.6 - 6.0 beforewards

4.2 mil prior to the tax reduction? i doubt it. there was one for sale for that price on autolanka which could not be transfered for 5 years. I was under the impression that it went for around 5.6 - 6.0 beforewards

i meant a reg 141