• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One To Buy ? Suzuki Swift Or Honda Fit ?

kalana

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo very good point. If 1L Belta does do well on fuel as they say, it'll still be the trump card, but i have my doubts (about the reported consumption figures). If not Fit Aria is defiantly a good bang for the buck

Exactly... and the 1.5L engine will surely have a better power/ weight ratio than the 1l or 1.3l Beltas, which are nearly the same weight...

the published consumption figures may not be true for any of these cars for our roads... but I feel the Aria / City will give an acceptable 8-10km range for a sedan... with a better Zip than the Belta...

(and more importantly, at a few lakhs less too.. :rolleyes: )

unreg recon Swifts were in the 1.9 - 2.3 range i thought

a friend ordered a Swift Sport for 2.1 Mn if i'm not mistaken

thanks Devinda_Z if a sport will cost 2.1, a normal 1.3l car will be less.

and do you have any idea about the fuel efficiency of sport version comparing to 1.3l one ?

unreg recon Swifts were in the 1.9 - 2.3 range i thought

a friend ordered a Swift Sport for 2.1 Mn if i'm not mistaken

Highly doubt the swift will dip bellow 2mil machang.

and do you have any idea about the fuel efficiency of sport version comparing to 1.3l one ?

Well since the sport consume more gas (i asume, don't know the real consumption figures) it may carry a lower CIF value since importers aren't interested. Simialr to what happened to X-Trail GT.

Exactly... and the 1.5L engine will surely have a better power/ weight ratio than the 1l or 1.3l Beltas, which are nearly the same weight...

the published consumption figures may not be true for any of these cars for our roads... but I feel the Aria / City will give an acceptable 8-10km range for a sedan... with a better Zip than the Belta...

(and more importantly, at a few lakhs less too.. :rolleyes: )

Actually the 1L Belta should be cheaper than the Fit Aria. I'm with you on Fit producing better consumption figures than the 1L Belta.

Edit : Even a better bang for buck will be the singapore Fit Aria that comes as Honda City. Since the demand for Beltas will be high if you are after a economical sedan i'll go with the Fit. You'll be able to get a good deal.

Edited by xXx

Highly doubt the swift will dip bellow 2mil machang.

Well since the sport consume more gas (i asume, don't know the real consumption figures) it may carry a lower CIF value since importers aren't interested. Simialr to what happened to X-Trail GT.

i dunno heard of a couple being brought in for that much..

:unsure:

no first hand info as yet i'm afraid, but willing to venture a guess of 7.5 ~ 9 kmpl for the sport :unsure:

Actually the 1L Belta should be cheaper than the Fit Aria. I'm with you on Fit producing better consumption figures than the 1L Belta.

Edit : Even a better bang for buck will be the singapore Fit Aria that comes as Honda City. Since the demand for Beltas will be high if you are after a economical sedan i'll go with the Fit. You'll be able to get a good deal.

Meaning there's some advantage in going for the city than the Fit Aria? I thought only difference was the badge.... and that the Singapore second hand market will jack up prices the same way as the Japanese, due to increase demand here....

Meaning there's some advantage in going for the city than the Fit Aria? I thought only difference was the badge.... and that the Singapore second hand market will jack up prices the same way as the Japanese, due to increase demand here....

What i meant was the City will be slightly cheaper than the Aria. You are correct about the price hike, price of japanes makes have gone up by a minimum of 3000 SGD.

What i meant was the City will be slightly cheaper than the Aria. You are correct about the price hike, price of japanes makes have gone up by a minimum of 3000 SGD.

do you still reckon it's not cheaper to bring down similar cars from europe?

Edited by isurujosh

Hi guys,

My family has planned to import a car from japan because vehicles are cheaper comparing before days.

So we were talking which one to buy and which are under our budget and finally i came up with 2 cars.

Suzuki swift and Honda fit.

So i want you guy's ideas about these vehicles.. which one is better... fuel efficiency,comfortability,performance,spare parts etc.......

And swift has 2 engines 1.3 & 1.5.. which one is better if i have to go with the swift ?

Thank you.. :)

buy honda

When comparing the Honda City and the Honda Fit what would be the price for these cars Unregistered or registered.

Price wise it'll be competitive no doubt but the problem is tackling people's perceptions.

i think it won't be too difficult to beat perceptions if jap models available in europe were to be brought down as oppose to euro models.

i think it won't be too difficult to beat perceptions if jap models available in europe were to be brought down as oppose to euro models.

I was talking about the same machang. Remember when the singa cars first started to arrive in early 2000 there was lot of negativity towards them. But since the recon car prices went up gradually people had no option but to shut up and buy them as they were mroe affordable than JDM's.

In the current context unelss something similar happens i fear there will be lot of resistance towards the euro jap makes. I heard couple of importers have actaully looked into this but no one want to take a risk and tie up their financial resoruces at a time people are lining up to buy unreg JDM econo boxes.

I was talking about the same machang. Remember when the singa cars first started to arrive in early 2000 there was lot of negativity towards them. But since the recon car prices went up gradually people had no option but to shut up and buy them as they were mroe affordable than JDM's.

In the current context unelss something similar happens i fear there will be lot of resistance towards the euro jap makes. I heard couple of importers have actaully looked into this but no one want to take a risk and tie up their financial resoruces at a time people are lining up to buy unreg JDM econo boxes.

true that

• 4 months later...

hey guys...

i started this thread sometime ago about choosing suzuki swift or honda fit..

then i chose swift and decided to import a one.

well... its been 5 months since i posted the thread and swift came down finally !! :D

actually we had some problems with the first one we tried to import so it took more time.

well... its an 1.3L manual tranny car (2008 march) :)

4974 kms on clock :)

so i thought to thank u all for helping me out with my car. :)

and i have some questions too :D

and since it has driven very few kms,do i have to service it ?

and it has intelligent key feature.is there anything special i should know about it ?

thank you

hey guys...

i started this thread sometime ago about choosing suzuki swift or honda fit..

then i chose swift and decided to import a one.

well... its been 5 months since i posted the thread and swift came down finally !! :D

actually we had some problems with the first one we tried to import so it took more time.

well... its an 1.3L manual tranny car (2008 march) :)

4974 kms on clock :)

so i thought to thank u all for helping me out with my car. :)

and i have some questions too :D

and since it has driven very few kms,do i have to service it ?

and it has intelligent key feature.is there anything special i should know about it ?

thank you

good for you bro...

I dont mean to diss your car or anything, but considering stories we hear, it might be safer to think that the 4.9k is not the genuine mileage (unless you know for a fact that it is genuine). So why dont you do a complete fluid/filter replacement and then start keeping track from that point onwards. better safe than sorry :)

good for you bro...

I dont mean to diss your car or anything, but considering stories we hear, it might be safer to think that the 4.9k is not the genuine mileage (unless you know for a fact that it is genuine). So why dont you do a complete fluid/filter replacement and then start keeping track from that point onwards. better safe than sorry :)

thanks bro :)

well... since one of our family friends did import the vehicle by him self(he hand picked the vehicle)and his profession is vehicle importing,i highly doubt that its not genuine mileage.

but yeah... i am thinking about a full service but want to see you guys thoughts too..

btwn.... is there anyway to check that the mileage is genuine or not ?