• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impressions On A B4 Non-turbo.........

Shrapnel

Mine does 7 Km/ltr, I sit in the car for at least 2 hours each day and travel 25KM up and down on a good road against traffic. Its actually kind of a stress buster :)

Most X Trails do worse on juice, but so may out there.

hate to hijack the thread my X-trail Auto does 8km/ltr in colombo ( this is without putting Too much weight on the Pedal ) and My Vz-R Manual does only about 7

Edited by MRM

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 7 kmpl is pretty ok for a twin turbo 2.0l that's hauling 3000lbs of car around. How long do you get to cruise in top gear anyways? I have a four speed auto, and I always find myself driving in second and third, even in regular traffic.

ok i wasnt gonna publish this untill i got the car into my hands... but just got my self a 2001 B4 Mica blue..... hmmm... i still miss my astina though... lot of memories.. but change is enevitable..... :closedeyes:

got to say the the change from a 115 HP to 200+ is somewhat scary.... getting used to it...

does any one know someone who can look into electri seat issues.. my one has an issue as only one side comes forward when u try to take the seat forward.. the motor works.... i am suspecting its a cable.. other b4 owners can u please explain the mechanics of the electric seat of the B4 if urs is fully functional that is.....

Dear Charith Congrats on your purchase of a B4 im sure you enjoying the car and no comparison from your Astina. Take good care of the car and she will take care of you hehe

Please tell us more about the car you purchased and if you dont mind how much did you pay for it? Since its a 2001 is it once of the face lift versions?

I was intrested in a B4 but got the above offer so still thinking about it.

Dear Charith Congrats on your purchase of a B4 im sure you enjoying the car and no comparison from your Astina. Take good care of the car and she will take care of you hehe

Please tell us more about the car you purchased and if you dont mind how much did you pay for it? Since its a 2001 is it once of the face lift versions?

I was intrested in a B4 but got the above offer so still thinking about it.

sorry just before the facelift... for those who knew me for the astina knows how much i meddled with it... it was more of a hands on car than the B4.. thats why i still miss it..

its a twin turbo tiptronic version.. with the usual bells and whistles.. 2Lt... everything is in stock condition as the owner wanted to keep it stock.. the only change is the entertainment system.. the original mcintosh system had to be taken out since it didnt play pirated CD's apprently.. but the amp and the 6 speaker system is original...

sorry just before the facelift... for those who knew me for the astina knows how much i meddled with it... it was more of a hands on car than the B4.. thats why i still miss it..

its a twin turbo tiptronic version.. with the usual bells and whistles.. 2Lt... everything is in stock condition as the owner wanted to keep it stock.. the only change is the entertainment system.. the original mcintosh system had to be taken out since it didnt play pirated CD's apprently.. but the amp and the 6 speaker system is original...

Congrats man... Good choice there, try not to put too many wires into this one! ;)

Congrats man... Good choice there, try not to put too many wires into this one! ;)

no no man.. no wires needed.. i am actually quite amazed that the tiptronic in this is quite responsive. less than a second...

plus dont need any scopes or lights.. its not that kinda car... "family sedan for a bad boy kinda thing" is what it is....... at least in my head thats how it is...

no no man.. no wires needed.. i am actually quite amazed that the tiptronic in this is quite responsive. less than a second...

plus dont need any scopes or lights.. its not that kinda car... "family sedan for a bad boy kinda thing" is what it is....... at least in my head thats how it is...

Good choice though all in all.... As long as its been looked after by the previous owner and had everything that needs to be done actually done, it should be great.

dont think i should disclouse that in a public forum.. isnt that against the rule.. mr pericles.... please advise..

If you've already bought it, there is no rule issue about you disclosing the amount. You might not wanna just in case you wanna sell it a few years in the future and someone decides to pull out the post from years before and argues on the "you bought it for so much how come you want so much" argument. Thats just annoying.

I think 7 kmpl is pretty ok for a twin turbo 2.0l that's hauling 3000lbs of car around. How long do you get to cruise in top gear anyways? I have a four speed auto, and I always find myself driving in second and third, even in regular traffic.

Not for long, there is always traffic and someone in front to slow you down. But the road is good. Also this may sound a bit crazy but since of late I have started to drive without shoes, and I feel this kinda improves on the fuel econmony as your foot is more responsive and puts in just the amount of pressure on the pedal.

ok i wasnt gonna publish this untill i got the car into my hands... but just got my self a 2001 B4 Mica blue..... hmmm... i still miss my astina though... lot of memories.. but change is enevitable..... :closedeyes:

got to say the the change from a 115 HP to 200+ is somewhat scary.... getting used to it...

does any one know someone who can look into electri seat issues.. my one has an issue as only one side comes forward when u try to take the seat forward.. the motor works.... i am suspecting its a cable.. other b4 owners can u please explain the mechanics of the electric seat of the B4 if urs is fully functional that is.....

Machan , what you are saying is not very clear, anyways I am assuming when u say one side its only the drivers side ? . The Electric option is only for the drivers side. If you move the leaver in a straight mannger it should only go forward or back, but if you slightly tilit it when pushing the height will change. Hight adjustment can be changed for ur bum and leg area. So not sure if its got something to do with the way u push it...

If its still not working best is u take to SEN OK, My view is that bulky leather seats are at least a good 30 to 40 Kgs of extra weight, If you can just upgrade to light weight sports seats.

Machan , what you are saying is not very clear, anyways I am assuming when u say one side its only the drivers side ? . The Electric option is only for the drivers side. If you move the leaver in a straight mannger it should only go forward or back, but if you slightly tilit it when pushing the height will change. Hight adjustment can be changed for ur bum and leg area. So not sure if its got something to do with the way u push it...

If its still not working best is u take to SEN OK, My view is that bulky leather seats are at least a good 30 to 40 Kgs of extra weight, If you can just upgrade to light weight sports seats.

sorry about my unclear post.. i know it only comes for the drivers side.. wish it was manual for the drivers side too.. anyways.. i also know about the height adjustment as well.. the height ajdusmtent works fine.. its the backwards and forwards movement of the seat is what is not functioning..

the issue is when i tilt the switch forward the motor starts working and the seat moves forwars but it moves only on the left side of the seat causing it to only move an inch or so since there is no movmement from the right side of the seat. as u know the seat has too raillings at the bottom on the left and one on the right. only the left rail moves..

sorry about my unclear post.. i know it only comes for the drivers side.. wish it was manual for the drivers side too.. anyways.. i also know about the height adjustment as well.. the height ajdusmtent works fine.. its the backwards and forwards movement of the seat is what is not functioning..

the issue is when i tilt the switch forward the motor starts working and the seat moves forwars but it moves only on the left side of the seat causing it to only move an inch or so since there is no movmement from the right side of the seat. as u know the seat has too raillings at the bottom on the left and one on the right. only the left rail moves..

hey congrats on the purchase machang!

If mr.Z was correct...i know the previous owner of your ride. fellow ad man :P

Congrats and welcome to the Subaru world!!

Is this the electric purple B4 that was once shown at Sirimalwatte,Mt.Lavinia??

Does yours come with a VICS Hybrid navigation? You say the former owner has replaced the stock ICE McIntosh? Somebody once said that the VICS is hardwired to the McIntosh....really interested to know if you can see the AC mode settings data displayed on the VICS screen without problems.....I am dying to fix a Pioneer that can read both burned discs and USB but get cold feet in tampering with the pristine stock arrangement.

Did you get yours checked out at Sen0k's?I am told that timely TLC will make this Juggernaut give you a wild ride....

Not for long, there is always traffic and someone in front to slow you down. But the road is good. Also this may sound a bit crazy but since of late I have started to drive without shoes, and I feel this kinda improves on the fuel econmony as your foot is more responsive and puts in just the amount of pressure on the pedal.

:lol: That does sound crazy.

Congrats and welcome to the Subaru world!!

Is this the electric purple B4 that was once shown at Sirimalwatte,Mt.Lavinia??

Does yours come with a VICS Hybrid navigation? You say the former owner has replaced the stock ICE McIntosh? Somebody once said that the VICS is hardwired to the McIntosh....really interested to know if you can see the AC mode settings data displayed on the VICS screen without problems.....I am dying to fix a Pioneer that can read both burned discs and USB but get cold feet in tampering with the pristine stock arrangement.

Did you get yours checked out at Sen0k's?I am told that timely TLC will make this Juggernaut give you a wild ride....

this is not the one at sirimal uyana.. this was advertised in the hitads... anyway my VICS does not come on.. but the lights come on.. so that the buttons can be seen.. but no display.. he has fixed something from advance right below the VICS navigation.. and becuase of that i cannot see the AC mode data on the VICS screen..still new to the car.. so gonna take my time to fiddle with the electronics.. too was bummed to see no display on the stock screen. but his new system also is a 6.5 inch screen with DVD and the works.. so i didnt mind not seeing my AC data.... :rolleyes:

and yeah jehan checked the car out for me.. and made sure he got the 2nd turbo running too.. scary test drive that was... i still couldnt manage to get the 2nd turbo going.. damn traffic.... :angry-smiley-024:

and @sharpnal: got my electric seats fixed.. so the wifey had a go too.... complains about the poor rear visibility.. i do agree with her on this.. the spoiler and the angel of the back glass makes it harder to see..

Edited by charitha19