• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impressions On A B4 Non-turbo.........

Shrapnel

Hey Charitha,

Congrats man and sorry for the late post.

Dont log on as much as I used to to Al......lots fuel consumption threads ha ha

So a Big family bruiser sedan eh? Well done.

I got myself a Subaru too........ huge engine....

600 cc - 2 cylinder Lol.

Getting a full resto going....will post pics soon.

he he can I join the Subaru club :rolleyes: ???

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think the first one comes around 2K the 2nd is at 4 or 4.5 i think..

by the way b4 TT owners.. whats the engine oil u guys use...

Previously had Castrol Edge, then moved to Motul as thats what agent had. No major difference Castrol may have been better.

I my view this whole engine oil is hyped up, and a lot is to do with advertising and branding. I think the new synthetic oil put out by Laughs is also quite ok, and value for money.

Previously had Castrol Edge, then moved to Motul as thats what agent had. No major difference Castrol may have been better.

I my view this whole engine oil is hyped up, and a lot is to do with advertising and branding. I think the new synthetic oil put out by Laughs is also quite ok, and value for money.

Mobil XHP.....so far,no complaints with it. I guess more than the OIL,it is prompt servicing that is important......

However, to get more oomph out of the ride,

a non-restrictive air filter,a lightened crank pulley,a cat-back exhaust system and premium fuel.......... would be worthy investments.

guys, anyone replaced thier HID bulbs with brighter ones.. ? i am planning to do this... but not sure what the HID bulb size is? any clue..?

think its D2R not sure..

machang afaik there are two wattages for HID's....35w and 55w's

maybe in offroad application you might get higher wattage HID's too...

But you might wanna check whether your existing ballasts can support a higher wattage bulb.

say a 35watt rated ballast might burn out prematurely if you run a 55w set of bulbs off of it...

i am looking for the bulb type.. wheather its a H1 or H7 etc.. the wattage i wont change..just the kelvin value..

when you said "brighter" i thought higher wattage cos the kelvin number is just the color temperature and has nothing to do with brightness

most cars utilize the dual filament H4 bulbs but it's best to remove the bulb and check it

bulbs.jpg

sorry the color should have been the more appropriate word.. machang mine has HID's for the low beam and halogens for the high beam...

better take off the bulb and see..

thanks..

that means it's using a single beam HID...so probably something like an H3 bulbs that's quite common for offroading, fogs etc etc...

best would be to remove it and see

• 4 months later...

i'm just curious to know whether gayan found his dream B4. i'm looking for one myself. so hard to find one that is a corker. the RSK was, tho. suspension by porsche... damn!

there's one at a sale in mount, near odeon cinema, which is getting peddled by all and sundry. dunno the condition of it myself... was told its a B4