• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Camera At Nurburgring

fuzzo

Bit OT but has anyone driven a 911?

not me :(

its such a rare treat to get to see one , leave aside drive one :(

...don't know anyone who has one...or anyone who'd be willing to hand over hte keys! :lol:

very OT , but i've always wanted to ask,

whats the most best car you've ever driven - not in the sense of , what was the best drive per se, but rather more on the lines of the most expensive / most powerful / fastest etc?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not me :(

its such a rare treat to get to see one , leave aside drive one :(

...don't know anyone who has one...or anyone who'd be willing to hand over hte keys! :lol:

very OT , but i've always wanted to ask,

whats the most best car you've ever driven - not in the sense of , what was the best drive per se, but rather more on the lines of the most expensive / most powerful / fastest etc?

Has to be the SL55AMG. I've driven it twice around Colombo. 1st time it was at night....surreal! The street lamps become streaks of light from the corner of the eye.

The best 'car', or IMO the best driver's car I've driven is the Porsche Boxter.

Has to be the SL55AMG. I've driven it twice around Colombo. 1st time it was at night....surreal! The street lamps become streaks of light from the corner of the eye.

The best 'car', or IMO the best driver's car I've driven is the Porsche Boxter.

i had a feeling it might be the SL , of the cars here.... but i was hoping there'd be something Italian in there :)

what is it about the Boxter that gets most reviewers vote???

i had a feeling it might be the SL , of the cars here.... but i was hoping there'd be something Italian in there :)

what is it about the Boxter that gets most reviewers vote???

Sadly I'm still a Ferrari virgin :( . I've been a passenger in a Countach around a yard in Melbourne but it was way too brief. I was just a passenger.

Yes one drive in the Boxter and all the hype is justified. I don't like the looks of the original - the face lift is better..... but still they could have done a lot better IMHO. But the drive was something else. And it was in Scotland so we chose some roads that were so deserted.

Its the weighting of everything. The steering, the pedals....ah perfection. And then the car is mid engined, so its the optimum sports car layout. And you can really feel it. Then there's the noise. Which I totally was not prepared for. Somehow I had forgotten to expect a great noise from a flat 6. But one strange thing was that the gearbox wasn't the smoothest. In fact it was a bit notchy and that stood out. Maybe coz it was brand new.

Yeah the SL sound track is awesome - like a big engined bike crossed to a twin engined aeroplane. But this is so much more cultured. It instantly became my dream car even though I still say it looks acceptable but not great!

This is why I am so keen to learn what a 911 is like with its flawed engine location and all. A Ferrari and a Lambo - after reading so much I can begin to imagine. But the 911 is a mystery. And there's even more hype around it than the even the Boxter. So I think I'll buy it (the hype I mean ;) )

Its the weighting of everything. The steering, the pedals....ah perfection. And then the car is mid engined, so its the optimum sports car layout. And you can really feel it. Then there's the noise. Which I totally was not prepared for. Somehow I had forgotten to expect a great noise from a flat 6.

easy there , some could accuse you of gushing! :)

Yeah the SL sound track is awesome - like a big engined bike crossed to a twin engined aeroplane. But this is so much more cultured. It instantly became my dream car even though I still say it looks acceptable but not great!

This is why I am so keen to learn what a 911 is like with its flawed engine location and all. A Ferrari and a Lambo - after reading so much I can begin to imagine. But the 911 is a mystery. And there's even more hype around it than the even the Boxter. So I think I'll buy it (the hype I mean ;) )

The SL does make a lovely package doesn't it - but i'm thinking you might have a bigger grin if it were a proper stick shift :)

.....hmmm well you know you could always try to pen some words on the 911 ~ and that would call for some "research" wouldn't it :D opportunity yes? :lol:

Hey, seems like a classic car track day. GT40s, an E-type, Sting Rays, Guilettas, li'l Fiat 500s :D all on track!

Any clue as to what this thing is?

200806010909wz5.th.jpg

which one machan?

The Roadster or the Hatch/Coupe?

hmmm Fiat 128 Coupe perhaps?

just to add to that GTAm... i've been one of porsche's biggest fans since i was old enough to know what a 959 was... the irony is one of my dream cars is the 911 turbo... of course it has nothing to do with the AWD flat-6 twin turbo setup ;)

just to add to that GTAm... i've been one of porsche's biggest fans since i was old enough to know what a 959 was... the irony is one of my dream cars is the 911 turbo... of course it has nothing to do with the AWD flat-6 twin turbo setup ;)

was not a 911 aficionado , but most certainly had a soft spot for the 959 after picking up a R/C car when i was quite small - Loved it in Rally guise! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJNlhUWpBFY

porsche959rallydakarey9.jpg

porsche959rallydakarey9.9cd83978cd.jpg

Its rather unique to have a Car go from being conceptualised as a Group B car , then having it go race in the Paris-Dakar (&manage a 1,2 Finish! :D ), and finally see it make a LeMan's appearance as well (in 961 form though) ! :blink:

shame only 291 odd cars were ever made :( rules any of us getting our hands on any!

porsche959p21km6.jpg

porsche959p21km6.3b1b9bb49c.jpg

too distant to tell machan :(

hmmm could be an MGA ...

:unsure:

Yes it looks like an MGA but the front end looks like its pointing upwards a bit. Not sure if the hatch coupe is a 128 sport considering the size of the front bumper. Could it be an Opel?

shame only 291 odd cars were ever made :( rules any of us getting our hands on any!

Don't say that. After the war and the economic recovery, we might bid on used one when it comes on auction ;). Read about the 250GT Califonia which was snapped up at $10.5 :blink: ? No fear though the 959 is sure to be a lot less ;)

Yes I was all excited when the 959 appeared (eventhough I did not like the looks) but it was very momentary as then came the F40 B) !. It took a bit of getting used to with that huge wing and especially after the gorgeous lines of the 288GTO, but I still loved it more than the 959 which never fails to remind me of the VW Beetle (which rightly it must of course)!

I guess the 4wd set up was initially brought to quell the tail happiness of the rear-engined layout......but now it seems that they have sorted things out completely (despite JC crashing a GT2) with the rwd setup. Amazing. It's hard to understand.

Btw 911 Turbo facelift is due soon...... :)

Don't say that. After the war and the economic recovery, we might bid on used one when it comes on auction ;). Read about the 250GT Califonia which was snapped up at $10.5 :blink: ? No fear though the 959 is sure to be a lot less ;)

again...all this is in an alternate universe where all is fine n dandy yes :lol:

5 million sterling for any car is just insane! :o pretty car yes , but thats a LOT of moolah! :blink:

...hmmm guess it pays well to be a radio DJ :D

..now theres reason for a kid to make Chris Evans a role model! :lol:

Yes I was all excited when the 959 appeared (eventhough I did not like the looks) but it was very momentary as then came the F40 B) !. It took a bit of getting used to with that huge wing and especially after the gorgeous lines of the 288GTO, but I still loved it more than the 959 which never fails to remind me of the VW Beetle (which rightly it must of course)!

I guess the 4wd set up was initially brought to quell the tail happiness of the rear-engined layout......but now it seems that they have sorted things out completely (despite JC crashing a GT2) with the rwd setup. Amazing. It's hard to understand.

Btw 911 Turbo facelift is due soon...... :)

JC crashed a GT3. Assuming your referring to the clip on JC "Supercar Showdown". Which I have with me at office on the hard disk :D

JC crashed a GT3. Assuming your referring to the clip on JC "Supercar Showdown". Which I have with me at office on the hard disk :D

I'm sure you're right. GT2 is even more hardcore I believe.

I'm sure you're right. GT2 is even more hardcore I believe.

its all rather confusing as to which is N/A and which is AWD and which isnt...

Does anyone have a "family tree" or sorts for the 911 which shows exactly where which edition stands on the list? :huh:

its all rather confusing as to which is N/A and which is AWD and which isnt...

Does anyone have a "family tree" or sorts for the 911 which shows exactly where which edition stands on the list? :huh:

Errr...Wiki?

if anyone fancies sabine will take you in her BMW M5 ring taxi for a measly 185 euros. which takes about 10 minutes. its worth the money as she's a 2 time 24hr race champ at the ring!! and its a lot of sideways action..