• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Start Trouble

heavyD

Question

Hey everyone,

Have a small problem; when I start up my car (auto tranny) in the morning, the car slightly jerks forward, and as it idles, there are sudden jerks from time to time. It usually happens only on a cold start. After I drive it around for a bit, stop and idle the engine, no jerks occur.

Why does that happen?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hey everyone,

Have a small problem; when I start up my car (auto tranny) in the morning, the car slightly jerks forward, and as it idles, there are sudden jerks from time to time. It usually happens only on a cold start. After I drive it around for a bit, stop and idle the engine, no jerks occur.

Why does that happen?

Thanks

when did you do a gear oil change last? Sounds clogs in the torque converter.

when did you do a gear oil change last? Sounds clogs in the torque converter.

Well, I bought the car quite recently, so haven't done an oil change yet. But it's due for a service soon. You think that would clear things up?

Well, I bought the car quite recently, so haven't done an oil change yet. But it's due for a service soon. You think that would clear things up?

it's the best starting point though one can't be 100% sure it'll be the solution to your issue!

and it's a good thing to change all the fluids of the car when you buy one off either second hand or recon...

engine oil, brake oil, ps fluid, coolant, tranny oil, filters etc... you'd never know if they have been changed properly by the previous owner!

it's the best starting point though one can't be 100% sure it'll be the solution to your issue!

and it's a good thing to change all the fluids of the car when you buy one off either second hand or recon...

engine oil, brake oil, ps fluid, coolant, tranny oil, filters etc... you'd never know if they have been changed properly by the previous owner!

+1 Ripper

Good advice, thanks Ripper. :)

Thumbs up Ripper!!!

Include the belts ( timing specially) if possible.