• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gtr Arrives In Sri Lanka

darinwrxsti

speaking pf the GTR i saw the GTR being driven towards parliament around water's edge on the rajagiriya road last night around 8.20... I guess the owner enjoys driving it now and again rather than keep it as a showpiece :)

If my calculations are correct, S_N, you might have seen it too

I kinda like the pearl white... quite classy... i'm considering buying a scale model of it.... found a place that's got a 1:18 (Kyosho) in pearl white.. issue is, its about Rs.13,000... Also a 1:10 silver one thats around 70k. Crazy fine detailed that is....

speaking pf the GTR i saw the GTR being driven towards parliament around water's edge on the rajagiriya road last night around 8.20... I guess the owner enjoys driving it now and again rather than keep it as a showpiece :)

If my calculations are correct, S_N, you might have seen it too

I kinda like the pearl white... quite classy... i'm considering buying a scale model of it.... found a place that's got a 1:18 (Kyosho) in pearl white.. issue is, its about Rs.13,000... Also a 1:10 silver one thats around 70k. Crazy fine detailed that is....

OT

how'd your karting go?

hope you guys had a great time...

i was at college participating in a batch meeting...no fun :(

OT

how'd your karting go?

hope you guys had a great time...

i was at college participating in a batch meeting...no fun :(

Devinda forgot he had got off the track and was driving the Z going home....

And the featherweight class boys couldn't find a way past the great defensive driving of yours truly. :D Even tho it got a bit rowdy with some bumping and shoving. :D

And the featherweight class boys couldn't find a way past the great defensive driving of yours truly. :D Even tho it got a bit rowdy with some bumping and shoving. :D

100% OT:

Yep. Dev & I were doing pretty well, till towards the last couple of laps this big fat (slow) bloke refused to give way and was hogging the road.. the moments we got stuck behind 'someone' clearly visible in the sudden drop in our lap times.... And after our session i was on my way home, then called up another friend and went back to the track and did another session... we went out with a couple of pro racers (i know they were pro cos i overheard them talking about their race at katu), and one guy did a 28.xx lap.. crazy fast!!! my fastest lap was around 1/100 of a lap slower than the other pro's (me was super thrilled). But I did learn a lot following him in his racing line.

Would sure like to drop by again before Saturday if i can..

100% OT:

Yep. Dev & I were doing pretty well, till towards the last couple of laps this big fat (slow) bloke refused to give way and was hogging the road.. the moments we got stuck behind 'someone' clearly visible in the sudden drop in our lap times.... And after our session i was on my way home, then called up another friend and went back to the track and did another session... we went out with a couple of pro racers (i know they were pro cos i overheard them talking about their race at katu), and one guy did a 28.xx lap.. crazy fast!!! my fastest lap was around 1/100 of a lap slower than the other pro's (me was super thrilled). But I did learn a lot following him in his racing line.

Did you think I was Reuben's Barrichello or summin? Think someone went "Fernando is faster than you" in my radio? :D (How apt) Racing is racing. And if you came outta the pits behind me you woulda stayed there!

And my best time was just about 2 seconds under yours. This despite a 40kg weight disadvantage and your "weight reduction methods" :D

:lol:

i don't know how you did it machan, but just sitting in the kart , you made it seem so much wider! :P

100% OT:

which Kart did that bloke use?? :huh:

& next time i'm "nudging" the "big boys" a lot harder,sooner!! :lol:

which Kart did that bloke use?? :huh:

& next time i'm "nudging" the "big boys" a lot harder,sooner!! :lol:

OT:

it was car 6 or 12 if i remember right... i got a lot of respect for him! And a very clean drive too, unlike me going all over the place.... and seemed like a regular on the track... maybe ChooiPutha knows him.. Machang any idea? must have been around 5'4 fair with a slight stuffy beard and was wearing an A-M-W shirt.

Btw preveen 2 seconds on a lap thats total around 30-32 seconds is a lot...around 15%... oh Btw last time we went i DID lap you, so i did overtake you... lemme find you that bucket now :D

OT:

it was car 6 or 12 if i remember right... i got a lot of respect for him! And a very clean drive too, unlike me going all over the place.... and seemed like a regular on the track... maybe ChooiPutha knows him.. Machang any idea? must have been around 5'4 fair with a slight stuffy beard and was wearing an A-M-W shirt.

Btw preveen 2 seconds on a lap thats total around 30-32 seconds is a lot...around 15%... oh Btw last time we went i DID lap you, so i did overtake you... lemme find you that bucket now :D

impressive if its with the same karts!!

does that mean i lapped them as well :unsure: i think i did lap S_N

impressive if its with the same karts!!

does that mean i lapped them as well :unsure: i think i did lap S_N

yep, the 28 second lap was a normal cart.

We lapped S_N, but peri doesnt seem to know the concept of letting the faster drivers through when they are about to lap him. so we didnt lap peri.. i had lapped him the last session when 'his car was bogged down'/ 'he had a weight disadvantage' / 'had some other excuse also' :P

We lapped S_N, but peri doesnt seem to know the concept of letting the faster drivers through when they are about to lap him. so we didnt lap peri.. i had lapped him the last session when 'his car was bogged down'/ 'he had a weight disadvantage' / 'had some other excuse also' :P

You didn't "lap" anyone, you merely overtook S_N. You guys were probably thru 1/2 a lap before that guy even started our carts. And if you think people just let people thru in racing, you need to look a little harder. Now the fact that you boys were so useless you couldn't get past a cart with a 40kg weight disadvantage is a massive FAIL for YOU.

See when I caught and passed S_N it was clean, no bumping and shoving, just a clean move. Looked for a way nearly two laps and then took my chance by getting a better exit onto the straight. You guys, even with the bumping.... well, FAIL. :P

You didn't "lap" anyone, you merely overtook S_N. You guys were probably thru 1/2 a lap before that guy even started our carts. And if you think people just let people thru in racing, you need to look a little harder. Now the fact that you boys were so useless you couldn't get past a cart with a 40kg weight disadvantage is a massive FAIL for YOU.

See when I caught and passed S_N it was clean, no bumping and shoving, just a clean move. Looked for a way nearly two laps and then took my chance by getting a better exit onto the straight. You guys, even with the bumping.... well, FAIL. :P

Ade i waited till all the karts were started before i set off! :(

we shall see how things go tomorrow.... :mellow:

Broken Puma~Ferrari shoe!

• 4 months later...