• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Common Man's Opinion...

dulanmahesh

out of curiosity i asked u guys...after going through various websites,auto mags i still can't figure out why the banner "used by a doctor,used by a lady,used by a professional" has a hidden value..because are they from a different galaxy or are they trained by a special A++ grade drive school...? :violent-smiley-099::violent-smiley-099:

out of curiosity i asked u guys...after going through various websites,auto mags i still can't figure out why the banner "used by a doctor,used by a lady,used by a professional" has a hidden value..because are they from a different galaxy or are they trained by a special A++ grade drive school...? :violent-smiley-099::violent-smiley-099:

Most of the doctors are least bothered about anything and most ladies are dumb therefore you have to take more care when you buy a car which are used by these both. :P

You are not the only one. All three of those groups are just as likely to get in an accident than a normal person. Somehow I thiink bieng a doctor doesn't decrease the likelyhood of a car bieng in an accident. Although when it's driven by a woman it may increase the chances of accidents. lol.

I suppose lots of Sri Lankans think that a car used by doctor or a lawyer or a lady is bound to be in good shape. Which isn't really true. Doesn't make any sense to me really... :huh:

And I doubt there are any special driver training schools here... are there? Most people drive like idiots on the road for the most part imo... :to_pick_ones_nose3: I spend most of my time in traffic wishing I had bought a Panzer or something...

You are not the only one. All three of those groups are just as likely to get in an accident than a normal person. Somehow I thiink bieng a doctor doesn't decrease the likelyhood of a car bieng in an accident. Although when it's driven by a woman it may increase the chances of accidents. lol.

Going by this logic, imagine how bad a car driven by a lady doctor would be :blink:

Coincidentally an auntu of mine who was a driver DID happen to be quite bad in maintaining/using her car. Trying to aviod pot-holes was an alien concept to her. And being 'lady-like' she always went to the agent for her FB12 and FB14, and 2 instances i happened to be looking under the hood just after the service and realize the filters/belts had not been changed although they had been billed for.

A bit off topic, but can anyone tell me why the vehicle license plate is blacked out in ad's??? I cant figure out a good reason. I mean the number is not some kind of secret :unsure:

The seller may not want to

1. Identify him/her self ( to known people who known your car by number)

2. Don't want you to check before hand with insurance company or agents about the car

any other reason!!

good point you brought up and this itself was discussed here and for us it doesn't make any sense. Further, if a lady driven vehicle is of a manual gear specimen, chances are high that clutch mechanism, clutch plates, gear mounts are in horrible condition. You know why <_<

Going by this logic, imagine how bad a car driven by a lady doctor would be :blink:

After teaching a lady doctor how to drive, and nearly ending up in a parked Patrol, I don't need to imagine. Further lessons will be at the go-kart track!

I spend most of my time in traffic wishing I had bought a Panzer or something...

:lol: So true

Coincidentally an auntu of mine who was a driver DID happen to be quite bad in maintaining/using her car. Trying to aviod pot-holes was an alien concept to her. And being 'lady-like' she always went to the agent for her FB12 and FB14, and 2 instances i happened to be looking under the hood just after the service and realize the filters/belts had not been changed although they had been billed for.

My aunt ( a doctor incidently ) was the same...took her FB14 to the agents and nowhere else. She was ripped off left right and centre..........woved never to buy a nissan again

and I tell everyone possible about this, cause its insane to think of everything that they were supposed to do for the car and didnt. :angry:

good point you brought up and this itself was discussed here and for us it doesn't make any sense. Further, if a lady driven vehicle is of a manual gear specimen, chances are high that clutch mechanism, clutch plates, gear mounts are in horrible condition. You know why <_<

I think it is totally un fair to dis lady drivers like this. If you would look around, the number of lady drivers are increasing. Ladies are now flying planes......

The issue at the Agents has nothing to do with the Owner- You go to the Agents with the 'trust' that they wont play you out..

I think it is totally un fair to dis lady drivers like this. If you would look around, the number of lady drivers are increasing. Ladies are now flying planes......

Well it is a generalization. Personally I know quite a few decent lady drivers. I also know quite a few bad ones. Dings all around the car.

But actually, the maintenance is more the issue. Not much oil, water and air pressure checking. My sis is an example. So was my mum back when she drove.

the only reason they put it on is that they presume those segment`s of users takecare of vehicles much better than us general folk..but in reality you need to be more wary of those vehicles due to negligence in taking care of them. i think politicians and V*P`s should also be included...since we know how well they are driven..

no offence mate, most or every lady driver I've come across were really horrible when it comes to clutch balance and gear changing and selecting appropriate gear. Number of lady drivers are increasing thanks to autoboxes :). on a different note, I'd love to see a crosswind landing of a lady pilot :P

no offence mate, most or every lady driver I've come across were really horrible when it comes to clutch balance and gear changing and selecting appropriate gear. Number of lady drivers are increasing thanks to autoboxes :). on a different note, I'd love to see a crosswind landing of a lady pilot :P

This I have experienced on a flight to Narita, via Male`.... I guess the fear in most women are, other approaching vehicles... and this is not the case while controlling the A340.. :lol:

Definitely advertising for the sucker in a buyer.

The term perhaps had meaning in another era- decades back.

I have frequently seen/experienced "Doctor" driven vehicles (the ones with the cross on the windshield) driven like complete arses.

Guess it goes with the God complex that most of our doctors are instilled with...note i do say "most" and not "all".

To advertise a false sense of security in buying a car because the owner is a 'doctor/professional' means absolutely squat.

I've seen a few trishaw drivers (whom generally, i really detest) take better care of their vehicles.

Either way, its foolishness in a buyer to fall for such wording- no one else is to blame! Nothing beats thoroughly checking out a car, no matter who the owner is, before putting hard earned money down.

Edited by gunat

no offence mate, most or every lady driver I've come across were really horrible when it comes to clutch balance and gear changing and selecting appropriate gear. Number of lady drivers are increasing thanks to autoboxes :).

Speaking of which, I recall watching a middle aged lady driving a Corolla recently, and she was revving it to about 6k! :girl_werewolf: Dunno whether she forgot to change gears or just had long legs... either way, I was like, "Go auntie, go!" :lol:

The issue at the Agents has nothing to do with the Owner- You go to the Agents with the 'trust' that they wont play you out..

no, the point i'm trying to make is not the trustworthiness of the agent, but more the condition of the car.. imagine someone takes his car for every service and asks for an oil/filter/belt change and all there. But the agent claims to have done it but dont. So the car would be running on old oil, worm out belts and clogged up filters. But the service 'record' would show all the timely changes. Its as good as not having dfone any service at all right... So you never know when your new doctor/lady/lawyer owned car's gonna kick the bucket.

I've seen similar tag lines in classified in foreign soils too. So it is not a unique Sri Lankan thing.

These tag lines (specially 'used by a professional' line) now actually have a new meaning. On top of trying to express the car is in pristine condition they also mean the car is as legit as it can get. No cut but, fake registration, involved in crime scene etc.

I've seen similar tag lines in classified in foreign soils too. So it is not a unique Sri Lankan thing.

These tag lines (specially 'used by a professional' line) now actually have a new meaning. On top of trying to express the car is in pristine condition they also mean the car is as legit as it can get. No cut but, fake registration, involved in crime scene etc.

this could be true in foreign context but on this soil i've seen enough of known examples where they misuse the profession for deceive the buyer and sell a crap load at a premium.