• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Common Man's Opinion...

dulanmahesh

Most of the doctors are least bothered about anything and most ladies are dumb therefore you have to take more care when you buy a car which are used by these both. :P

I dont know about the doctor part,but damn ..jaga..are u sure that most ladied are dumb?(seriously looked around before u get broom shot...huh..huh) ;);)

I've seen similar tag lines in classified in foreign soils too. So it is not a unique Sri Lankan thing.

These tag lines (specially 'used by a professional' line) now actually have a new meaning. On top of trying to express the car is in pristine condition they also mean the car is as legit as it can get. No cut but, fake registration, involved in crime scene etc.

mmm...got to agree with the first point..but the second point..not quite sure..cause the more wise they are..chances are that they could cover up the mess ..(u know what i'm talking about)..but not all the professionals mind u... :unsure::unsure:

Machan then that same logic should be Used for Company fleet vehicles that are serviced at the Agents- Cause I really doubt the vehicle user would go to pains to ensure that everything has been done according to invoice spec at the service.. So its not just the ladies lol

no, the point i'm trying to make is not the trustworthiness of the agent, but more the condition of the car.. imagine someone takes his car for every service and asks for an oil/filter/belt change and all there. But the agent claims to have done it but dont. So the car would be running on old oil, worm out belts and clogged up filters. But the service 'record' would show all the timely changes. Its as good as not having dfone any service at all right... So you never know when your new doctor/lady/lawyer owned car's gonna kick the bucket.

Machan then that same logic should be Used for Company fleet vehicles that are serviced at the Agents- Cause I really doubt the vehicle user would go to pains to ensure that everything has been done according to invoice spec at the service.. So its not just the ladies lol

Yep.. i agree with you on fleet vehicles...

But when it comes to private owned cars, a guy is more likey to be standing by his car while the job's done while a lady is more likely to go to the waiting room and read a newspaper or magazine while the job's done. So a lady-owner is more likely to be conned by an agent (or any other garage) that the car is taken to. I'm sure we all agree on that.... But of course, i'm not saying that there's the exeption for either genders. Pleanty of guys bring in thier car, give the keys to the foreman and head straight to the lounge or waiting room. So you never can know. So when buying a car the laws of probability would discourage me from going for a lady-owned car.

company fleets are very very adamant on repairs and timely servicing of the vehicles because end of the day it's their asset. Knowing fleet business very closely I know how demand fleet maintenance engineers are on repairs. Further, fleet owners have a better bargaining power on dealers and I know lot of instances where dealers replace previously installed part if it gives up before expected lifetime free of charge.

Fair point Harshan, I'm not in the fleet business. But I know of quite a few instances where good working parts are removed and replaced with new ones with the fleet owner paying the bill. The old working parts are send resold to private vehicle owners who are tight for change :) The Agent in concern has been known to do this.

Fair point Harshan, I'm not in the fleet business. But I know of quite a few instances where good working parts are removed and replaced with new ones with the fleet owner paying the bill. The old working parts are send resold to private vehicle owners who are tight for change :) The Agent in concern has been known to do this.

lol, but if this happens it doubles up the condition of the fleet vehicles ;), now I know why some ppl pay more than market price in our auctions to get hold of a fleet used vehicle <_<

• 3 months later...

I've seen similar tag lines in classified in foreign soils too. So it is not a unique Sri Lankan thing.

These tag lines (specially 'used by a professional' line) now actually have a new meaning. On top of trying to express the car is in pristine condition they also mean the car is as legit as it can get. No cut but, fake registration, involved in crime scene etc.

i hv to disagree to that... if the person is not the 1st owner...or the veh is recon. it can be anything.....

well i thnk its just that most fall 4 these in SL. but the truth z that professionals are the ppl wth least knowledge abt vehicles.. they cnt even take a bent right... as far as im cocerned our ppl lack judgement whn it comes to buying vehicles and goes according to general automobile market. as a result certain good vehicles have gone down in price and certain not so good ones have become expensive..(take new Toyota cars for a n instant).