• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

E36 325i

Rukster

assuming the tank is the 60litre one...

that's roughly 15 litres to do 172km's x2

a whopping 22.93 Km's per litre at 100Km+ on a 2.5 litre motor pulling a heavy car :D

impressive figures!!! :D

Ok. Sorry got my numbers wrong.... it was a bit less than quarter tank one way, I didnt stop on my way to Habarana and on my way back to Colombo to refuel—technically the whole trip was done on half tank (30 ltrs).

The best thing about the 325—once you shift to 5 on high speed the consumption just drops like nothing..... I did the same trip in my 318i but it did less on fuel on the trip.... but in Colombo I easily do more than ~10+ km/l. Thats because of the power to weight ratio on both cars. Both have the same body except the engine. For example; in slow moving traffic (20 miles) you can shift to the 4th gear in the 325 but it was impossible in the 318i and a nightmare in the 316i due to the weight—the cars simply stutter.

The 316 / 318 is very good on fuel ~10km+ / ltr, but with 3 more passengers and luggage it sucks in traffic and if taken out station. The 325i on the other hand has enough power to pull 3 passengers + luggage and is amazing on fuel.

VVTI what do you say?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a original E36–325i black sedan. Haven't done any engine swaps or modifications. 18-9XXX. I use to have a 318 ruby black sedan and E30 in the past. I have a E36–316i and a E36–325i now. Dont have any pics of the 325i. Do you happen to have any of your car? Would love to see some if you have....

any idea of good 325i though.. not to buy... but I am looking around.... just to know how many are around vs. ~25+ 318i in the country....

Hmmmmm... very peculiar.... you started off by saying you want to find one... but seems like you had one at home all along... :)

eh?...why do they remove the badges?...whats to be gained by hiding the model of the car?

Coz then the cops haven't a clue what to do :)

Mine is debadged as well. Discovered the benefits when a cop stopped me and said the exhaust was modified. I said its the original Japanese exhaust. He said this isn't the original exhaust for the car. Then he couldn't figure out what the car was :D There is only one Nissan badge left on that car, on the horn button!

Ok. Sorry got my numbers wrong.... it was a bit less than quarter tank one way, I didnt stop on my way to Habarana and on my way back to Colombo to refuel—technically the whole trip was done on half tank (30 ltrs).

The best thing about the 325—once you shift to 5 on high speed the consumption just drops like nothing..... I did the same trip in my 318i but it did less on fuel on the trip.... but in Colombo I easily do more than ~10+ km/l. Thats because of the power to weight ratio on both cars. Both have the same body except the engine. For example; in slow moving traffic (20 miles) you can shift to the 4th gear in the 325 but it was impossible in the 318i and a nightmare in the 316i due to the weight—the cars simply stutter.

The 316 / 318 is very good on fuel ~10km+ / ltr, but with 3 more passengers and luggage it sucks in traffic and if taken out station. The 325i on the other hand has enough power to pull 3 passengers + luggage and is amazing on fuel.

VVTI what do you say?

Dunno machang... all I have is one 'real' BMW... and don't have the luxury to compare different engine sizes and their different characteristics. I just start her up, put her in D, press the Happy Pedal and off we go.... even in mine the fuel consumption in amazing... especially when I am coasting down hill and all. :rolleyes:

Its a original E36–325i black sedan. Haven't done any engine swaps or modifications. 18-9XXX. I use to have a 318 ruby black sedan and E30 in the past. I have a E36–316i and a E36–325i now. Dont have any pics of the 325i. Do you happen to have any of your car? Would love to see some if you have....

There is another BMW thread in here somewhere... its there.

Hmmmmm... very peculiar.... you started off by saying you want to find one... but seems like you had one at home all along... :)

Actually wanted to find out if there were other ones and how many were around in good nick.... these cars are hard to find in SL.....

I have come across two silver blues.... one which was for sale a few months and the other an auto... there's a damaged 325tds in Kelaniya awaiting attention, another white 65-XXXX tds... a 300-XXXX 323i convertible, a 301-XXX 323i black coupe, a 325i 1994 black coupe and your 323i.... any more to add?

Dunno machang... all I have is one 'real' BMW... and don't have the luxury to compare different engine sizes and their different characteristics. I just start her up, put her in D, press the Happy Pedal and off we go.... even in mine the fuel consumption in amazing... especially when I am coasting down hill and all. :rolleyes:

You got the auto ! nice... :) Best cruiser I would say ! Happy driving buddy

Sorry for going OT

has Jay's crashed E36 M3 retored yet?

Unfortunately... I don't think it will be... its rotting away in Kelaniya and the last of it that could be seen are some of the racing stripes it had... the body has got corroded and its a sad sight to see.....the rebuild must be a few whopping millions..... hence its been left out...

Another sight to see a couple weeks ago or if lucky even now is a bottle green 318is... very rare to find and in a sad state... got all the options including a nice Alcantra and leather mix interior which is wrecked, and a bumper that has got a few balcony railings instead of the M-tec mesh. Wanted to revive it, but the costs to do it is in the near millions..... A sure collectible though if someones willing to take on the challenge and got the means.... All in all still is drivable, but not sure whether it will live to its fame without the TLC....

Sorry mate, the car takes 6.5 litres, I end up buying 2 cans... :) Hence the 8 litres.

This has been serviced at agents from day one and I continued it as well. No plans on dabbling in the synth/mineral debate as at the end of the day, whats good for the car is all that matters. I follow the Service Indicators instead of the dead reckoning based on mileage etc. I had a long chat to the service manager at Prestige and he said as long as the service is done as per fcty recommendations and using fcty recommended stuff, you will be fine. I think its the experimentation and corners that causes a lot of issues for some of us.

So what u do with the extra 1.5 Liters...? ei.?? French fries might taste a whole lot better in Castrol... :lol: jst a thought...

There is another BMW thread in here somewhere... its there.

Hey VVTI

I believe this is the one http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9358/img0341r.jpg

Nice ride indeed !

Cheers

Oh btw, this used to be my ruby-black 318i sometime back :(

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6663/n529...28310663200.jpg

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6798/99654033.jpg

Its in good hands now...

Guys is there any E36 318IS around in Sl?

Hi MkX

Couple weeks ago I saw a bottle green 318is... very rare to find and in a bit of sad state... got all the options including a nice Alcantra and leather mix interior which is wrecked, and a bumper that has got a few balcony railings instead of the M-tec mesh. Wanted to revive it, but the costs to do it is 500k - 1mn..... A sure collectible though if someones willing to take on the challenge and got the means.... All in all still is drivable, but not sure whether it will live to its fame without the TLC....

Apparently for sale!

Cheers

Hi MkX

Couple weeks ago I saw a bottle green 318is... very rare to find and in a bit of sad state... got all the options including a nice Alcantra and leather mix interior which is wrecked, and a bumper that has got a few balcony railings instead of the M-tec mesh. Wanted to revive it, but the costs to do it is 500k - 1mn..... A sure collectible though if someones willing to take on the challenge and got the means.... All in all still is drivable, but not sure whether it will live to its fame without the TLC....

Apparently for sale!

Cheers

hmm.. just for sake of curiosity .. any idea what would be the price? I would like to know the main differences between 318i vs 318is in terms of performance/spares/specs/fuel consumption/etc

Hi MkX

Apparently for sale!

Cheers

if the owner is willing to depart with it for a reasonable price...i bet that restore cost it worth that car!

but chances are...the present owner must be asking for a premium due to it's rarity..

hmm.. just for sake of curiosity .. any idea what would be the price? I would like to know the main differences between 318i vs 318is in terms of performance/spares/specs/fuel consumption/etc

Hi MkX

Please refer the this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_%28E36%29

You will be able to check all facts and figures of the 318is vs other E36 models. I'm not sure about the price quoted by the current owner, but a good bargain would be if you can negotiate and reduce the costs of the TLC to revive it.... Also, its exclusive as I have hardly seen any other in SL.

Well in terms of performance it dishes out a good 140bhp. I use to have a 318i, although it was slated to be under-power it did pull once you hit a certain rev. This is something special in terms of performance and handling and still has a cult following in western countries for its economy and performance.

Most of the 318i spares are compatible except a few mechanical parts—engine related as its a twin-cam engine. Fuel should be around 9km/l or even more depending how much you step on...

Cheers

It's good to see some BMW knowladge shared in forum.

After join A/L I am looking after the options not only with Jap car but euros.. and Beemers in perticular. Still not sure an average executive like me can offored to have a BMW.. but looking at the comments here I can see some silver line in the dark cloud :rolleyes:

Is 318i pulling power is really a big prob ..? I mean I can have quite good acceleration in my EK3-Vi with 3 passengers on board to run away from Police in "Kagugannawa hill climb" .. Any hands on experience ??

It's good to see some BMW knowladge shared in forum.

After join A/L I am looking after the options not only with Jap car but euros.. and Beemers in perticular. Still not sure an average executive like me can offored to have a BMW.. but looking at the comments here I can see some silver line in the dark cloud :rolleyes:

Is 318i pulling power is really a big prob ..? I mean I can have quite good acceleration in my EK3-Vi with 3 passengers on board to run away from Police in "Kagugannawa hill climb" .. Any hands on experience ??

There is no problem in the pulling.... there is a bit of lag in the lower revs... once it picks up it does a lot of justice !!!! Affordability in question will depnd on which model you are looking at ranging from E30, E36, E46, etc. A well maintained E36 in mint will still be pricey and not cheap. Hacked and ones that have not been well looked after will be cheap, but will have lots of repair and maintenance costs... you are well off buying a good one which has been well looked after at a price rather than buying once cheap and having be ripped apart....

• 4 months later...

Dish cud be da wrong thread, but me too too stressed out to find da reel one...

At 160km/h I ran outta road on Millennium drive... but I gotta say.. I love the brakes on me E36... it stopped me dead in da track before I jumped the curb. Shocked.. I am.. still.. .. :blink:

Dish cud be da wrong thread, but me too too stressed out to find da reel one...

At 160km/h I ran outta road on Millennium drive... but I gotta say.. I love the brakes on me E36... it stopped me dead in da track before I jumped the curb. Shocked.. I am.. still.. .. :blink:

why there?!?!?!

more on topic, did anyone else notice that silver 325 in the AL classifieds?? back story? :huh: