• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On A 4x4

Sean Fernando

And I see that you haven't gone far with the Land Rover idea,

A 90 Would serve your purpose very well, especially a tdi, more or less a Defender.

Works for me

If you can get one done up PROPERLY, They'll be trouble free and will always put a smile in ya face..

I have looked at the Land Rover idea but not a 90. I need a vehicle with enough space for my wife, son plus a tracker. Hence I don't think a 90 or any SWB will do. I have looked at 5 door 110's, but seems to be far too expensive. The lower priced ones seem have all kinds of parts from different cars. If I'm buying a Land Rover, I want it to be a Land Rover not some soft of frankenstein. Don't get me wrong, I guess the owners have their reasons for mixing and matching but I would want to keep it original. Also I get the feeling that if I goto buy a Land Rover I will get cheated. I hear that they are very very good off-roaders but I doubt I know enough to pick one properly.

So the search continues...

I have looked at the Land Rover idea but not a 90. I need a vehicle with enough space for my wife, son plus a tracker. Hence I don't think a 90 or any SWB will do. I have looked at 5 door 110's, but seems to be far too expensive. The lower priced ones seem have all kinds of parts from different cars. If I'm buying a Land Rover, I want it to be a Land Rover not some soft of frankenstein.

For your budget and requirements I suggest a Nissan Patrol Y60 - the high roof. Low roofs are higher priced.Try and get an original one and not a body permitted one - even though they seem to be quite prolific nowadays.

Its big ( you must have noticed:) and its reliable and is a superb off roader. I can attest to that after Yala, wilpattu and some extreme offroading. My kids have a ball jumping from seat to seat.

Cost wise I think that they are advertised at around 33- 34 but negotiable based on condition and extras like winch , snorkel etc.I have a 61 - vehicle and I never let a vehicles number get in the way if the vehicle is what I am looking for, but you need to have the licence fixed.

Landrovers and Toyotas are priced higher mainly due to Sl perceptions. As you said finding an original 110 for your budget is hard, not impossible but hard.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Thanks mate. Small question for you, What is the difference between an original Y60 and a body permitted one? Also with a 61-, what you mean that I have to get the licence fixed?

61- makes it a heavy vehicle so you need that license to drive it legally :)

body permitted ones means that some folks get the Y60 body dropped onto an older nissan patrol chassis... the story is that most these body transplants are not entirely legal so there's a chance that you can get into trouble with the authorities...

• 2 weeks later...

maybe you should budget the vehicle for about 2.5mil and spend the remaining .5 Mil on bringing the vehicle upto offroading conditions and accessory add ons. so you might want to stick to maybe a BJ60 or BJ75 and add on air lockers, suspension diamond axels and recovery equipment..

How much brand new Smart Cab ?

Can smart Cab Use as normal Cab by removing tent. ?

price depends on whether you want a 2wd or 4wd, full option or standard, canopy etc etc.

I believe the price for a full op should be around 4.5 million and yes the canopy (tent) can be removed.