• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Worth For 1.75 Mil

KandyBoy

Dear Guys,

I am looking for a car for around 1.7 ~ 1.75 mil ( a sedan) what would be the best buy.

I saw that Corolloa 110 (97/98) goes for around 18 and some times more than that,but

these cars most of them are used by 5 to 6 users and now getting bit hacked but still the

market is high.Nissan FB 15 H ,J numbers also go for same range( 2000/2001 ) and are

still in good shape and condition .

What would be the best buy FB 15 Super saloon or Corolla 110.

your comments are highly appreciated

imao Those 110s are seriously over priced. Look for a FB15 or 323. I bought a 2000 turbo diesel galant for a little less than than that and found a 99 diesel for 14.75. There are plenty of options that would perform better than a 110 and would save you a quite a bit. IMO toyota isn't the only company in the world that makes good cars. When picking a car you need to look beyond the brand name and find something that suits your budget and something that you would find comfortable driving around.

imao Those 110s are seriously over priced. Look for a FB15 or 323. I bought a 2000 turbo diesel galant for a little less than than that and found a 99 diesel for 14.75. There are plenty of options that would perform better than a 110 and would save you a quite a bit. IMO toyota isn't the only company in the world that makes good cars. When picking a car you need to look beyond the brand name and find something that suits your budget and something that you would find comfortable driving around.

:alc:

Dear Guys,

I am looking for a car for around 1.7 ~ 1.75 mil ( a sedan) what would be the best buy.

I saw that Corolloa 110 (97/98) goes for around 18 and some times more than that,but

these cars most of them are used by 5 to 6 users and now getting bit hacked but still the

market is high.Nissan FB 15 H ,J numbers also go for same range( 2000/2001 ) and are

between the two fb15 is da better buy. but it is not the best buy for that price range, just as jdnet explained.

Dear Guys,

"best buy" depends on what factors are important for you. IMHO Sri Lankan market is gaga about Corollas and that makes them ridiculously overpriced for the features they come with. Even Sunny price is inflated but not as bad as Corolla (perhaps because of toyota name and better fuel efficiency of Corolla).

But that's my judgement, because I don't care that the cars can be sold in a matter of hours if you urgently need money (I would rather put the savings from not buying such a car into the stock market!), I don't care that you can find parts anywhere in the country (because I don't go outstation much), I don't care that duplicate parts are easily available because I wouldn't use them anyway, etc.

So I can get a lot more features in that price range (my budget was slightly higher) with an european car.

anyway, boils down to what you want in a car.. what are the reasons you're restricting yourself to B15s/110s when there are actually many other cars in that price range?

I have used both FB15 and AE110 during past few years. Both these car models are good in performance, have a high resale value etc; I think it is very difficult to find both these models at the market since these two models are fast moving....Between the two models FB 15, Year 2000 would be a good option.....

if i have a 1.7mil and want to buy a 2nd hand car.. i will definitely buy a Honda EK3 :angel-smiley-026: :angel-smiley-026: :angel-smiley-026:

And your handle is "CK2"??? :P

Driven both the 110 and FB15. Like the Nissan better. But a friend has a 323 which actually is quite good as well.

Edited by Rebel

Both AE110 and FB 15 are good cars for sri lanka.......Easy to find junked parts, garage baas drools when you send it for repairs, sell it within hours ect ect

AE110 are over priced, but if you wanna sell a car at light-speed, then that's your car.

But FB 15's are way better IMO, also very easy to sell.

Try a Lancer CS2 (1500cc) good performance and fuel. I have been using one for last 1.5 years. And I am in love with the car. Very comfortable ride and good driving pleasure. You can find a 2002 brand new one for that price. Happy hunting....