• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dynamat In Sri Lanka..?

kmeeg

Hi All,

Does anybody know a place which install Dynamat in Sri Lanka..? I have seached the following link (http://www.dynamat.com/products_automotive_introduction.html).. Seems if you install this in your car it helps to keep the car cooler and quite. Anybody know a place please let know.

I asked Kl@#$n P#$k, but they said they dnt do it. I also tried Pe#$5 Lan$%, but they are doing another product to reduce tacle noise from speakers and its not for cooling.. :(

Thank You..

Hi All,

Does anybody know a place which install Dynamat in Sri Lanka..? I have seached the following link (http://www.dynamat.com/products_automotive_introduction.html).. Seems if you install this in your car it helps to keep the car cooler and quite. Anybody know a place please let know.

I asked Kl@#$n P#$k, but they said they dnt do it. I also tried Pe#$5 Lan$%, but they are doing another product to reduce tacle noise from speakers and its not for cooling.. :(

Thank You..

How about using the a/c and putting one of those reflecting things on the windshield when the car isn't bieng used? Installing dynamat just for cooling your car is both a waste of time and waste of money. The most heat enters the car through the windows. Now if you are installing sound deadners in order to improve the quality of your stereo system or reduce road noise, then it's worth it.

How about using the a/c and putting one of those reflecting things on the windshield when the car isn't bieng used? Installing dynamat just for cooling your car is both a waste of time and waste of money. The most heat enters the car through the windows. Now if you are installing sound deadners in order to improve the quality of your stereo system or reduce road noise, then it's worth it.

Thank you 'JDNET'.. :)

One more question please.. does the sound deadners in SL (Eg - pe@$% lan$%) reduce road noice..?

(My old corolla dx generates more road noise than new cars and a/c is not too good).. :(

afaik dynamat, raamat etc are all mainly designed for sound deadening and keeping the heat out is kinda of like a by product of it and not the main thing.

If "noise" is the issue...and if the car doesn't have proper factory sound deadening pre-installed... you can start from the bonnet itself.

Since glass is almost transparent to sound you get a lot of engine noise coming into the cabin through the windshield. This is significant if you have a loud diesel motor like i have in the truck :D To reduce this engine noise... they have a bonnet sound deadening mat kinda thing where you fix onto the inside part of the bonnet.

Also you can use the material on insides of your doors which significantly reduce road noise in the cabin.

For serious sound deadening...

you can do the entire floor board, firewall, hood and trunk. But it all cost $$$ and add a bit of weight to the vehicle.

A cheaper quick fix for road noise is getting a decent stereo hooked up :P

as for the AC not being good...you're better off repairing/servicing that without depending too much on heat shielding. Those wont cool the car enough like a good AC would...

Edited by Ripper

afaik dynmat, raamat etc are all mainly designed for sound deadening and keeping the heat out is kinda of like a by product of it and not the main thing.

If "noise" is the issue...and if the car doesn't have proper factory sound deadening pre-installed... you can start from the bonnet itself.

Since glass is almost transparent to sound you get a lot of engine noise coming into the cabin through the windshield. This is significant if you have a loud diesel motor like i have in the truck :D To reduce this engine noise... they have a bonnet sound deadening mat kinda thing where you fix onto the inside part of the bonnet.

Also you can use the material on your insides of your doors which significantly adds to the road noise in the cabin.

For serious sound deadening...

you can do the entire floor board, fire wall, hood and trunk. But it all cost $$$ and add a bit of weight to the vehicle.

A cheaper quick fix for road noise is getting a decent stereo hooked up :P

as for the AC not being good...you're better off repairing/serving that without depending too much on heat shielding. Those wont cool the car enough like a good AC would...

Thx Ripper... :)

For A/C seen, since the a/c is too old the a/c man said to install a new condenser and etc.... it will cost $$$$$$$$$$... :(

(20K withara ekathu karagena a/c wadeta bahinna one.. :) )

Thx Ripper... :)

For A/C seen, since the a/c is too old the a/c man said to install a new condenser and etc.... it will cost $$$$$$$$$$... :(

(20K withara ekathu karagena a/c wadeta bahinna one.. :) )

Maybe get a second opinion from another AC shop. Just to be sure.

And 20k might still be cheaper when you compare the prices of DynaMAT...

Maybe get a second opinion from another AC shop. Just to be sure.

And 20k might still be cheaper when you compare the prices of DynaMAT...

^^^^^^

What he said.

When I put in dynamat in my car in the U.S. it did cost me something like $500 just for the materials and I did it myself and excluded some parts of the car. I could only imagine that the material itself will cost significantly more here.

You are probably better off looking for deals to get your a/c fixed.

btw dynamat does significantly reduce road noise.