• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2000 Mazda Tribute

jdnet

LOL i'm only an amateur when compared to the real classic gurus like supra,milindu,GTAm,Prad...i'm sure they'll help out too...go for it JD!

Yup true that......They'd be able to give you invaluable advice. All the best JD and keep us posted on what you do start on.

Edited by SHAI

Yup true that......They'd be able to give you invaluable advice. All the best JD and keep us posted on what you do start on.

Yeah it will take me a few weeks as I'm planning on moving soon. Will keep you guys updated on what I come up with. Finding a car that wasn't hacked too badly would be a challenge too. Anyways I picked up the tribute today and boy do I love the sound of that 3 liter engine and I can't see why everyone hates the tribute. The handling and room inside is excellent. I guess people hate the crappy gas mileage but if you are looking for good MPGs on a tribute it's your own fault. I would much rather spend the extra money on gas and have something that isn't underpowered.

So I took a trip to Dambulla and back this weekend on the tribute and thought I would let you guys know rougly how much it took for fuel. The it took 4500 in regular petrol. The old civic took less than 2000. Bieng able to pass everyone on the road with ease and not having my legs cramped up was worth it though.

• 2 weeks later...

ahhhhhh Just spent 75k on an alternator job thanks to a maka bass the previous owner sent the tribute to. Apparently he though it was a great idea to stick a 80 amp in a car that uses a 120 amp. Ended up with a burnt wiring harness and a destroyed belt. For those of yhou who don't know much about fords, everything is run through the same belt and the alternator is a bitch to get at.

• 1 year later...

lol 3 cars. The Galant, my dad brought it from me. Then an IO and a Civic. The civic was for the wife but ended up taking the IO so I listed the civic up for sale a few days ago. Looking forward to owning a real SUV with a 6 cylinder engine again. I always prefer power over fuel consumption so there it is.....

Hay how about the fuel consumption on Galant ?? Can you please share your experience ?

Hay how about the fuel consumption on Galant ?? Can you please share your experience ?

do you have to bump up every single thread to ask about the fuel consumption of a galant? someone already answered your question so take the info and stop bumping up old threads ok?