• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2000 Mazda Tribute

jdnet

Hi guys,

So I just put down an advance payment on a 2000 mazda tribute today and will be picking it up later this week. Any advice on what parts I should probably get changed? BTW it's a 3.0L V6 with 160,000 KM. I know that the timing chain and water pump should probably be changed at this mileage but need to know what else I should look out for that would be specific to this model.

Thanks.

Edited by jdnet

Hi guys,

So I just put down an advance payment on a 2000 mazda tribute today and will be picking it up later this week. Any advice on what parts I should probably get changed? BTW it's a 3.0L V6 with 160,000 KM. I know that the timing chain and water pump should probably be changed at this mileage but need to know what else I should look out for that would be specific to this model.

Thanks.

Waitaminute.... dude, didn't you just buy two or three cars in these past few weeks? You got a money tree or something? :P

Waitaminute.... dude, didn't you just buy two or three cars in these past few weeks? You got a money tree or something? :P

lol 3 cars. The Galant, my dad brought it from me. Then an IO and a Civic. The civic was for the wife but ended up taking the IO so I listed the civic up for sale a few days ago. Looking forward to owning a real SUV with a 6 cylinder engine again. I always prefer power over fuel consumption so there it is.....

lol 3 cars. The Galant, my dad brought it from me. Then an IO and a Civic. The civic was for the wife but ended up taking the IO so I listed the civic up for sale a few days ago. Looking forward to owning a real SUV with a 6 cylinder engine again. I always prefer power over fuel consumption so there it is.....

There's Suzuki XL-7 was up on sale on AL classified? i bet that's bit thirsty cos it's truck based SUV.. but nice SUV for that price.. :)

There's Suzuki XL-7 was up on sale on AL classified? i bet that's bit thirsty cos it's truck based SUV.. but nice SUV for that price.. :)

What exactly does this have to do with my original post in which I clearly stated that I just put money down on a tribute?

What exactly does this have to do with my original post in which I clearly stated that I just put money down on a tribute?

Oops.. sorry about that.. im just sayin'.. if i were you.. i would choose a truck based SUV.. but that's just me.. :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Thanks.

A tribute? :blink: Well, If you don't mind us asking, around what range was the price?

On another note, why are there so many retards who are out buying cars????

One guy said I should reduce my price because his wife has ulcers.....hmmmm I gu.ess the retards aren't only visiting this site but are out in the real world too.

You know, somehow when you say it it sound totally ... err Not Right. :D

:P ...hey whats up up with you guys?you've been awfully quiet.I realise some of you have gone on to other brands but people like Ripper and JD have joined your ranks I see. :)

You mean mazda ford owners club right? not mother.... lol j/k.

its the same thing machan :lol::P

as for now just get all the oils changed, belts, tune up etc... down the line you will know what to change. there are numerous things that can go wrong with that engine. i never owned a tribute but i know lot about it.

:D

our company had a Tribute 3 Lt one and sold it some time back. It is a very good SUV except fuel consumption. You must have a petrol bowser to run it in town :D

It did only 6 km/Lt in the city and out station max 7 km/Lt.

:D

our company had a Tribute 3 Lt one and sold it some time back. It is a very good SUV except fuel consumption. You must have a petrol bowser to run it in town :D

Cool. I'm actually picking it up later today. Lol, I'm not worried about the fuel consumption at all which is why I went for a v6 version of it.

:P ...hey whats up up with you guys?you've been awfully quiet.I realise some of you have gone on to other brands but people like Ripper and JD have joined your ranks I see. :)

its the same thing machan :lol::P

I know man, been a bit busy at work and at home.....And no thats not what I mean :P

But then as you are aware, the threads haven't exactly been the most interesting to comment on eitjer ne?......I've kinda had it with fuel economy and when the next price reduction is.......I'll proly kill someone if another thread opens about 'How to import a car etc etc' :angry-smiley-024:

I've seen a bit of improvement though, :)

Oh and JDNET, Congrats on your purchase.....when you buy a car its what you want that counts, not what others tell you or make you believe :)

I know man, been a bit busy at work and at home.....And no thats not what I mean :P

But then as you are aware, the threads haven't exactly been the most interesting to comment on eitjer ne?......I've kinda had it with fuel economy and when the next price reduction is.......I'll proly kill someone if another thread opens about 'How to import a car etc etc' :angry-smiley-024:

Oh and JDNET, Congrats on your purchase.....when you buy a car its what you want that counts, not what others tell you or make you believe :)

shaaa...dont you just love this guy! :D well said matey!!!

Thanks buddy. It always feels good bringing a new car home even if it's 10 years old. Planning on getting a classic for restoration pretty soon (because obviously I don't spend enough time working on my cars :rolleyes: ). Thinking of a convertible of some sort haven't got the slightest clue where to start from.... may be a Triumph?

shaaa...dont you just love this guy! :D well said matey!!!

:P

Thanks buddy. It always feels good bringing a new car home even if it's 10 years old. Planning on getting a classic for restoration pretty soon (because obviously I don't spend enough time working on my cars :rolleyes: ). Thinking of a convertible of some sort haven't got the slightest clue where to start from.... may be a Triumph?

Good stuff machang.......

If youre thinkin of a classic, you should get get some tips from MasterDon.....

you cant expect more from a petrol SUV these days,actually 6KMPL ain't that bad when considering the monty doesnt even do 5.

aiyyo ow machan,the forum is full of ultra sensitive peoples and wikipedia gurus these days...what to do...well said on the last sentence BTW

If youre thinkin of a classic, you should get get some tips from MasterDon.....

LOL i'm only an amateur when compared to the real classic gurus like supra,milindu,GTAm,Prad...i'm sure they'll help out too...go for it JD!

you cant expect more from a petrol SUV these days,actually 6KMPL ain't that bad when considering the monty doesnt even do 5.

aiyyo ow machan,the forum is full of ultra sensitive peoples and wikipedia gurus these days...what to do...well said on the last sentence BTW

LOL i'm only an amateur when compared to the real classic gurus like supra,milindu,GTAm,Prad...i'm sure they'll help out too...go for it JD!

oooh! me like amateurs :P

My wife asked you to stop enabling me. On another note, what models do you think would be a great starter car for a restore? I'm looking at doing everything myself. Need to improve my painting skills though.

Edited by jdnet

oooh! me like amateurs :P

I bet you do! :P

My wife asked you to stop enabling me. On another note, what models do you think would be a great starter car for a restore? I'm looking at doing everything myself. Need to improve my painting skills though.

haha...apologies to the missus.

Well since you fancy a convertible,Triumph Herald,Morris Minor Tourer, or a Mini Moke would be a good starting place.