• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Your Favorite Motorcycle?

blkr6

Well Fz's are good when compared to Indian bikes. but I recommend it only if u cant afford a Japanese one. have no much power in it and it does not give u much acceleration as u turn the throttle. some delay in it. I felt that way. but still best than bajaj's. Build quality is not good as Japanese. you can expect more frequent repairs and replacements when bike is old. Note that all CBR 250 we have is made in 1998 last. there are no 2001,2002 models in 250's as some claim. :) still they give no major repairs when u take care it well.

Hornet 250's were stopped during 2006. so you can expect a 150 chassis in 2006 (CBF250F6 is the model number) latest

2011 CBR 250 is made in thailand. They have launched it there first. It has a EFI engine still one cylinder. older CBR has much nice beat and power than new one.

Well id say for a 250CC the FZ has more bhp in numbers than the others in its class i believe... not fuel efficient as the others which is good, it has a mid range pickup from 4500 RPM onwards and the build quality is very good you wouldnt expect repairs often trust me, we rode with some 2009 Model FZ 16s some clocked even 34500 KMs on the ODO and ui shud they still in good shape and still doind wheelies and stoppies, the paint will never fade thanks to the Silicon Coating and fiber tank shell its quite a good bike i would say.

P.s.s- the CBR's in lanka is the MC 22 model manufactured from 1994 onwards correct me if wrong.

Well id say for a 250CC the FZ has more bhp in numbers than the others in its class i believe... not fuel efficient as the others which is good, it has a mid range pickup from 4500 RPM onwards and the build quality is very good you wouldnt expect repairs often trust me, we rode with some 2009 Model FZ 16s some clocked even 34500 KMs on the ODO and ui shud they still in good shape and still doind wheelies and stoppies, the paint will never fade thanks to the Silicon Coating and fiber tank shell its quite a good bike i would say.

P.s.s- the CBR's in lanka is the MC 22 model manufactured from 1994 onwards correct me if wrong.

MC22 is Known as the CBR gullarm In sl and It was manufactrured from 1990-1994

Before MC 22 ,there is an MC17(1987 up)-Cbr bobby sport ,MC 19(1989 up)(a.k.a - Cbr Hurricane).

These are pics of The Ducati 999 And the MV augusta in srilanka the cbr 1K was shipped abroad .And the daytona also came with this lost ,FYI-This was at the yard once the bikes were back in one piece and personal photos ,Not taken from sites :D

any more pics of the augusta?

love some of their bikes...like the new brutale...a little like ducati streetfighter s

http://www.sub5zero.com/motorcycles/top-10-super-awesome-italian-superbikes

any more pics of the augusta?

love some of their bikes...like the new brutale...a little like ducati streetfighter s

http://www.sub5zero.com/motorcycles/top-10-super-awesome-italian-superbikes

Ripper theres also an Augusta Senna Version at the customs man....only the fairings had made it out...a sorry sight

Ripper theres also an Augusta Senna Version at the customs man....only the fairings had made it out...a sorry sight

wonder why these are held at customs yeah?

i mean the whole displacement issue is there only for registration...so one should be able to import larger capacity bikes for things like racing and track usage...

maybe there is something i'm missing here...

imported without proper paperwork maybe?

anyways...what a crime to let such a great bike languish at an impound :(

at least they should auction it off :D

Ah :( So only the Police sell them off?

Btw, is around 450k the right price for CBR929s?

i havent heard of any sold off either mate.....

Yup a 929 should go for something around that these days.....have u seen a particular 929 which u r gonna buy

wonder why these are held at customs yeah?

i mean the whole displacement issue is there only for registration...so one should be able to import larger capacity bikes for things like racing and track usage...

maybe there is something i'm missing here...

imported without proper paperwork maybe?

anyways...what a crime to let such a great bike languish at an impound :(

at least they should auction it off :D

The rule of High Capacity bannes importing of them too Ripper....i think u need to get a special permit even to get down a race bike...from the ministry of defense....

i havent heard of any sold off either mate.....

Yup a 929 should go for something around that these days.....have u seen a particular 929 which u r gonna buy

Hmm ok, but I remember seeing something like filing off chassis number and auctioning them off mentioned somewhere in the forum, that's why

Well a friend told me about one, around Col so no couldn't see it yet so wanted to get an idea beforehand. There was one for sale in the newspapers sometime back too at that price, it sounded quite a bargain considering similar era Hornet 250s going for 350k+, so was wondering if it might have had some problems.

Thanks btw!

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Hmm ok, but I remember seeing something like filing off chassis number and auctioning them off mentioned somewhere in the forum, that's why

Well a friend told me about one, around Col so no couldn't see it yet so wanted to get an idea beforehand. There was one for sale in the newspapers sometime back too at that price, it sounded quite a bargain considering similar era Hornet 250s going for 350k+, so was wondering if it might have had some problems.

Thanks btw!

Well thats the going rate for the CBR929RR at the moment...a few years back they were even selling at 650,000 but with the new models coming in the prices have gone down....if u r looking to get a 929 its a wonderful bike....its got great power & handling too....

Well thats the going rate for the CBR929RR at the moment...a few years back they were even selling at 650,000 but with the new models coming in the prices have gone down....if u r looking to get a 929 its a wonderful bike....its got great power & handling too....

So was my guess, cuz of the CBR1000 right? Was considering that from sometime back over a legit CBR250, but the risk is the only problem, not sure if cops can recognize a 929 easily. Here a person having a Balius 250 kept getting stopped a lot, as it had a very wide body and he had to carry documents with him all the time. If I do get one, it won't be reserved for a track but run around on roads a lot...

So was my guess, cuz of the CBR1000 right? Was considering that from sometime back over a legit CBR250, but the risk is the only problem, not sure if cops can recognize a 929 easily. Here a person having a Balius 250 kept getting stopped a lot, as it had a very wide body and he had to carry documents with him all the time. If I do get one, it won't be reserved for a track but run around on roads a lot...

Yup ur correct its becoz of da CBR1000RR there r so many bikes in the market so the prices have gone down the CBR1000RR used to sell at around 1.2mill about two years ago but now it has come down to about 800,000.....

about riding the 929 on the road im not sure how it is in kandy with the cops around i heard its pretty strict over there....but in colombo i got away with riding my 929 to work daily for about 2 years....i never had any problems with cops for as long as i had da bike with me

Yup ur correct its becoz of da CBR1000RR there r so many bikes in the market so the prices have gone down the CBR1000RR used to sell at around 1.2mill about two years ago but now it has come down to about 800,000.....

about riding the 929 on the road im not sure how it is in kandy with the cops around i heard its pretty strict over there....but in colombo i got away with riding my 929 to work daily for about 2 years....i never had any problems with cops for as long as i had da bike with me

Those are quite good prices, but I've not seen many for sale as owners seem to get really attached to them. So what exactly is the difference between the normal CBR, the R version and RR which I know to be race replica version? More power or better response? How to identify them properly without just looking at what's painted?

Well here there is a massive increase in cops, and as the city is small, density is very high and you get pulled over a lot due to that. How is the situation there now? Do they create problems if it's parked on a road that means, when you're not around?

Those are quite good prices, but I've not seen many for sale as owners seem to get really attached to them. So what exactly is the difference between the normal CBR, the R version and RR which I know to be race replica version? More power or better response? How to identify them properly without just looking at what's painted?

Well here there is a massive increase in cops, and as the city is small, density is very high and you get pulled over a lot due to that. How is the situation there now? Do they create problems if it's parked on a road that means, when you're not around?

Well the new 1000 & 600 both comes as the RR....most of the HC capacity CBR range goes as Fireblade....

well theres not much of a problem with regard to HC bikes in colombo.....

a friend of mine once bought a CBR600RR Movistar replica from a guy in kandy it was about two years ago

Well the new 1000 & 600 both comes as the RR....most of the HC capacity CBR range goes as Fireblade....

well theres not much of a problem with regard to HC bikes in colombo.....

a friend of mine once bought a CBR600RR Movistar replica from a guy in kandy it was about two years ago

Thanks for all the info! :)

That must have been one hell of a machine, love the colour scheme too. Always felt it's hard to get away as a 250 when the muffler is under the tail.

Later got it you meant that you gave away the 929 you had right?

Thanks for all the info! :)

That must have been one hell of a machine, love the colour scheme too. Always felt it's hard to get away as a 250 when the muffler is under the tail.

Later got it you meant that you gave away the 929 you had right?

The 600RR is easier to pass as a 250 becoz of all the CBR250's which have been modified to look like the 600RR in sri lanka

The 600RR is easier to pass as a 250 becoz of all the CBR250's which have been modified to look like the 600RR in sri lanka

Small question, do we have 954s here too? Haven't seen any for sale. Around how much do you reckon is the going price for that?

As for the topic heading, mine would always the CBR series :)

Small question, do we have 954s here too? Haven't seen any for sale. Around how much do you reckon is the going price for that?

As for the topic heading, mine would always the CBR series :)

There were three 954 in SL.... one of it was raced by Feroz Omar back in 2003, one of it was sold to Maldives & the other one met with an accident & is wrecked....so from what i know there is only one of them in SL at the moment...

These are pics of The Ducati 999 And the MV augusta in srilanka the cbr 1K was shipped abroad .And the daytona also came with this lost ,FYI-This was at the yard once the bikes were back in one piece and personal photos ,Not taken from sites :D

Machan,

There is a new blue colored Triumph Daytona 675 in Kandy. It used to be in Negombo for a while. I'm not sure if you're referring to the same bike :) If you're .. it isnt lost. I saw it 3weeks ago.

Machan,

There is a new blue colored Triumph Daytona 675 in Kandy. It used to be in Negombo for a while. I'm not sure if you're referring to the same bike :) If you're .. it isnt lost. I saw it 3weeks ago.

Shami if we are talking about the same Daytona 675 its in Colombo....

Sorry for the delay guys .

and my post before has a small misspelling ,the Daytona came in the Same 'LOT'

The one in Kandy originally came to ibbagamuwa and from there to negombo and then kandy,

there is also a black one in parts and another one which was bought wrecked from japan

and the one i mentioned is a red colored one equipped with two bro exhaust system and galfer wave discs

I have a picture but I have no rite to post it.

And as for the Augusta @ customs not only the fairings the ECU and some meter panels also came out,one of my friends took half of it out and there was a Ducati which also came out through auctioning.The tank and the engine ,rims are at different places the guy who had the engine only asked 15000 for it ,i guess he got it free through the customs.As for auctioning most people get there bikes reserved even before the auction bidding has started .What cant money do .