• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Your Favorite Motorcycle?

blkr6

Sorry for the delay guys .

and my post before has a small misspelling ,the Daytona came in the Same 'LOT'

The one in Kandy originally came to ibbagamuwa and from there to negombo and then kandy,

there is also a black one in parts and another one which was bought wrecked from japan

and the one i mentioned is a red colored one equipped with two bro exhaust system and galfer wave discs

I have a picture but I have no rite to post it.

And as for the Augusta @ customs not only the fairings the ECU and some meter panels also came out,one of my friends took half of it out and there was a Ducati which also came out through auctioning.The tank and the engine ,rims are at different places the guy who had the engine only asked 15000 for it ,i guess he got it free through the customs.As for auctioning most people get there bikes reserved even before the auction bidding has started .What cant money do .

Dude as far as i know they dont legally auction them off....unless u bribe someone & get it out..Also dude who would buy parts of a Ducati off an auction????

what color is the 675 which is in kandy????

Edited by Chooti Putha

Dude as far as i know they dont legally auction them off....unless u bribe someone & get it out..Also dude who would buy parts of a Ducati off an auction????

They do only people with ICL and MOD notice can get them out.

which can be cleared out, we got one of our CBr 6 engine,Frame and tank through auctions

And the ducati was a complete disassembled bike and a guy i know got the parts auctioned out through RCT

They do only people with ICL and MOD notice can get them out.

which can be cleared out, we got one of our CBr 6 engine,Frame and tank through auctions

And the ducati was a complete disassembled bike and a guy i know got the parts auctioned out through RCT

Shehan i have been in the bike business for over 10 years now. I have bought & sold countless numbers of bikes. But i have never heard or seen any legal auction going on in our customs. So please get your facts straight

Shehan i have been in the bike business for over 10 years now. I have bought & sold countless numbers of bikes. But i have never heard or seen any legal auction going on in our customs. So please get your facts straight

Hey bro think you didn't get what I meant ,So you are correct there is a bribe ,Thats how most bring bikes and you been doing bikes for 10 years'cheers for that'.I am still young and have totally less knowledge compared to you :).But I do get bikes and we get someone in the inside to auction the stuff we want, either Grayline or RCT mostly .Then you know the rest .Well FYI if you have a legal notice From the MINISTRY OF DEFENCE (approval),you can get most of the HC bike parts which are auctioned off freely other than some guy making the customs to auction off the goods they want so they are sure that its going to end up in their hands for .

auctionv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Shehan_WCC

Buddy the 675 in kandy is blue,i havent seen one in colombo though but there are few HC bikes

around the negombo side

OT boys...

since there are lotsa bikers here...

I'm trying to get my 99 honda XR250 back to shipshape these days.

haven't used the bike since 2007 so lots of stuff have gone bad. been wrenching over the weekend to replace some bits but need more stuff.

would you boys happen to have any contact numbers to parts shops in maligawatta?

I need Oil filter, air filter, #520 chain sprocket set, carb gasket kit, front and rear brake pads.

The only place i have a number for doesn't have what i need :(

appreciate any help. stuck for time these days and trying to get the stuff ahead of the holidays so i can sort it out this week itself :)

OT boys...

since there are lotsa bikers here...

I'm trying to get my 99 honda XR250 back to shipshape these days.

haven't used the bike since 2007 so lots of stuff have gone bad. been wrenching over the weekend to replace some bits but need more stuff.

would you boys happen to have any contact numbers to parts shops in maligawatta?

I need Oil filter, air filter, #520 chain sprocket set, carb gasket kit, front and rear brake pads.

The only place i have a number for doesn't have what i need :(

appreciate any help. stuck for time these days and trying to get the stuff ahead of the holidays so i can sort it out this week itself :)

Hey buddy All the stuff you want are petty hard to find maybe you can interchange b-new parts from either niko motors .If not check at jayantha motors-0777958070,0114927818 or Ajith aiyya (ajith motors) other than him its Roystan.Gayan motors will also have alot of stuff but will cost you a very high amount.

Hey buddy All the stuff you want are petty hard to find maybe you can interchange b-new parts from either niko motors .If not check at jayantha motors-0777958070,0114927818 or Ajith aiyya (ajith motors) other than him its Roystan.Gayan motors will also have alot of stuff but will cost you a very high amount.

i need brand new stuff machang! places like gayan and even ajith doesn't sell brand new stuff as far as i know.

and yeah...Gayan motors is over priced!

I needed a battery side cover fairing and they wanted 12k for it.. then later they said 4k a piece...got a pair from ajith motors for 4k..

so unless i can't find it anywhere else...not going to bother going to gayan motors ever again.

called up a few spots and nobody seem to have it...

Got things like spark plug, battery and other bits from Hambantota motors...but they don't have the rest of the stuff...

would you have the number for nikko motors...

011-2876273 that's what i got off the web but nobody is picking up

ok..scratch that...

got through them...and they have the stuff... :)

Edited by Ripper

i am a hardcore motorcycle guy. i believe there is nothing like riding on two wheels enjoying the open road and the beautiful sound from the engine. a car could never replace that feeling, not even a convertible in my opinion. i would love to know what type of motorcycles/scooters you guys own? what type? (standard,trail, racing, etc), if you don't have a motorcycle what kind of motorcycle you love/dream to have?

one day i wish we could see Harley's and big metric cruisers in our roads. i hate these crappy 250cc laws!

Hi

I am not a Motor bike fan, I used to own few bikes and I really loved to own a CD 200 or CD 185 those days. Here in Australia I came across a one of my work mates owns three bikes, Triumph Daytona, Suzuki Hayabusa and a Ducati(can not remember the model).

As a motor bike fans you guys should do a internet search for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX 1300R. This a awesome bike with 195hp. This guy manage to reach over 150kmph on a second gear. He got record of doing at 250kmph illigally. They have a Hayabusa clubs operating globely it is amasing how much money they spend to modify the bikes(such a replacing original body parts with Carbon Fibre etc. You can try following link. http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/2010-suzuki-hayabusa-gsx1300r-ar65798.html

Hi

I am not a Motor bike fan, I used to own few bikes and I really loved to own a CD 200 or CD 185 those days. Here in Australia I came across a one of my work mates owns three bikes, Triumph Daytona, Suzuki Hayabusa and a Ducati(can not remember the model).

As a motor bike fans you guys should do a internet search for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX 1300R. This a awesome bike with 195hp. This guy manage to reach over 150kmph on a second gear. He got record of doing at 250kmph illigally. They have a Hayabusa clubs operating globely it is amasing how much money they spend to modify the bikes(such a replacing original body parts with Carbon Fibre etc. You can try following link. http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/2010-suzuki-hayabusa-gsx1300r-ar65798.html

busas are here in SL too mate :P

would you have the number for nikko motors...

011-2876273 that's what i got off the web but nobody is picking up

ok..scratch that...

got through them...and they have the stuff... :)

thats the same number i have too try it again....talk to ashoka he should have the stuff...they r rather cheap too...but so far the cheapest place for a batteries is hambantota motors got one recently for very cheap

Hi

Well since you asked, I did google, and this was on the first page of results

and this

and this

thats the same number i have too try it again....talk to ashoka he should have the stuff...they r rather cheap too...but so far the cheapest place for a batteries is hambantota motors got one recently for very cheap

yeah bought a sealed battery from them on saturday...3.8k it was... a lot cheaper than the yuasa i had before...

this was a global battery though it 6 months warranty..

i called up nikko chaps for sprockets and chain and they said it was about 6500...

gotta pop in there tomorrow to get the stuff before the holidays...

prepping my bike up ahead of a 5-day trip :D

Edited by Ripper

yeah bought a sealed battery from them on saturday...3.8k it was... a lot cheaper than the yuasa i had before...

this was a global battery though it 6 months warranty..

i called up nikko chaps for sprockets and chain and they said it was about 6500...

gotta pop in there tomorrow to get the stuff before the holidays...

prepping my bike up ahead of a 5-day trip :D

I got some cheap chinese battery for less than that haha...ya last time i put in a Yuasa it was a thundering price but...i used it for quite sometime....

where u headed too ???

I got some cheap chinese battery for less than that haha...ya last time i put in a Yuasa it was a thundering price but...i used it for quite sometime....

where u headed too ???

i don't have a kicker machang so can't risk it with a chinese battery. and yeah...i too used the yuasa for a couple of years without any issues. in fact until very recently the battery was able to start up the bike. i kept it hooked to a float charger on and off... but finally it had died off and wont hold charge no more.

the exact route is not planned yet machang

but it's roughly following the west coastal belt up north to pooneryn, jaffna and then coming down on the east coast to trinco, batti, and then finally cutting across over the hills back to colombo.

long long ride so going through the bike mechanicals with a fine tooth comb :D

want to take the camera but still weighing the risk factors :( except for one chap in our entourage, the rest of us have all gone down at least once in every trip...

Edited by Ripper

Hey guys, going somewhat OT here... I've never owned a bike or don't have any real experience with motor bikes. A few guys at office own your typical Indian ones but I'm told that the Indian makes are not quite as stable as Jap ones. Initially thought of a scooter, but the one's you get here seem to suit ladies more. I do like the Vespa, but I've no idea if they're available here. So, not looking for a CBR or anything powerful, but i'm kinda big and heavy and would like something that's comfy, handles well and doesn't make me look weird. I run about 30km daily and was wondering what kinda machine would suit me, preferably a second hand one since I'm a bit tight on budget.

I don't think I'll be buying one this instant, but I'd like some opinions. Thanks.

Hey guys, going somewhat OT here... I've never owned a bike or don't have any real experience with motor bikes. A few guys at office own your typical Indian ones but I'm told that the Indian makes are not quite as stable as Jap ones. Initially thought of a scooter, but the one's you get here seem to suit ladies more. I do like the Vespa, but I've no idea if they're available here. So, not looking for a CBR or anything powerful, but i'm kinda big and heavy and would like something that's comfy, handles well and doesn't make me look weird. I run about 30km daily and was wondering what kinda machine would suit me, preferably a second hand one since I'm a bit tight on budget.

I don't think I'll be buying one this instant, but I'd like some opinions. Thanks.

a honda steed maybe?

suits big guys nicely and doesn't look too bad either

also yamaha virago...

imho...125cc's wont fit a big chap... 250cc would be the best bet for you.

if you dont like cibbies... an XR250 or anything in that segment too should be ok... used bikes are 100k up though...

newer ones are 300k and up...

a honda steed maybe?

suits big guys nicely and doesn't look too bad either

also yamaha virago...

imho...125cc's wont fit a big chap... 250cc would be the best bet for you.

if you dont like cibbies... an XR250 or anything in that segment too should be ok... used bikes are 100k up though...

newer ones are 300k and up...

I don't think offroad bikes are for me, they look hard to handle. But the Steed and Virago look nice. Found some on the net, ranging from 125k upwards.

Edited by Big_D

I don't think offroad bikes are for me, and they look hard to handle. But the Steed and Virago look real nice. What do you think, a used 250cc for about 125-150k?

Plus, if used daily, what's it like to live with one of these things?

honda magna is another one that you might like judging by the trend :P

but i doubt any of these are in your budget...

if at all it's a older virago...

all these are pretty solid machines machang and you shouldn't have any issues other than regular stuff provided it has been looked after well by the previous owner.

i am biased...and i would suggest that you go for a honda :P

i have two and i've been extremely happy with both

and yeah...offroad bikes aren't that hard machang! maybe if you ride aggressively on hard terrain. certainly not tough puttering around town :P

honda magna is another one that you might like judging by the trend :P

but i doubt any of these are in your budget.......

Nice... they look like little Harleys... Always loved that low slung look, and the rumble they produce. :D Yes, budget is an issue, will have to consider. Many thanks machan!