• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Restoring Dashboard Meterset For Dx Wagon

kmeeg

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to restore my corolla dx wagon meter panel in the dashboard. I have tried different options to make it more visible at night but didn't succeeded. I tried removing green cover from the original bulbs, fixing new 4bulb Led set.. nothing works properly. Please help me on this.

My only requirement is to make it look original and not to make it sporty.. :) I'd be glad if i can find a place which can replace the meter panel with a new one which look like may be AE 110 / FB14 meter panel. <<not very new looking once, because it might not match to the old car.. :) right..>>

Attached is a pic of the car.. :)

Please please please help me on this..

Thank you..

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to restore my corolla dx wagon meter panel in the dashboard. I have tried different options to make it more visible at night but didn't succeeded. I tried removing green cover from the original bulbs, fixing new 4bulb Led set.. nothing works properly. Please help me on this.

My only requirement is to make it look original and not to make it sporty.. :) I'd be glad if i can find a place which can replace the meter panel with a new one which look like may be AE 110 / FB14 meter panel. <<not very new looking once, because it might not match to the old car.. :) right..>>

Thank you..

about couple of years back, I have seen a same type of car has replaced with a different type of meter panel due to the captured of tsunami. therefor U may not difficult to go for your sencond option. visit Delkanda area for replacement with a alternate meter panel.

:)

about couple of years back, I have seen a same type of car has replaced with a different type of meter panel due to the captured of tsunami. therefor U may not difficult to go for your sencond option. visit Delkanda area for replacement with a alternate meter panel.

:)

Still no luck for new dashboard meter panel. Tried few places.. :(

Still no luck for new dashboard meter panel. Tried few places.. :(

your lightining has got nothing to do with it, it is the iridium in your speedometer that is faded over the years.try to use the blue LED bulbs in pettah. I think about 28 rupees each they are really bright and will compensate for the dimness.

Hi Friends,

Thank you..

LED bulbs will merely help improving the visibility of the meter panel as meter panel lighting requires a light source which spreads the light around. LED light is pointed towards one direction rather than spreading, so you'll have few bright spots than making the entire cluster bright. That is if you go by the original bulb positions. Assuming the only change you have done was changing bulbs, I suggest you better do following ..

1. Split open the meter cluster and clean up the reflectors and transparent plastic components which carries the light around.

2. clean the contact points of the meter cluster and bulb fixing points to the cluster. However, if the circuit diagram like wiring lines found on the meter cluster are worn out and doesn't pass the current to some bulbs (check this whether all bulbs are lighting up when you switch on the parking lights) If so, solder a new set of wires from the meter cluster connecting points to the bulbs which are meant to light up the cluster. I have done this to one of 504's I had and results were superb. You have to be very cautious to identify feed lines for these bulbs and is there any other indicator/gauge which gets power from the same feed line. If you're not sure of how to do this, obtain some professional help, preferably from an auto electrician.

3. If this gives some improvements, try to fix a silver/chrome color sticker on the inside of the meter cluster back panel which will further improve the light towards the facia panel by reflecting. Will further elaborate with a diagram if I get some free time. Hope this helps.