• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil Drip After A Long Drive.

MiraOwner

Question

after running around 160km non-stop (almost) i parked the car for about 6 hours and later came to see to find out that there is a oil drip under the engine. does it indicate a problem? and for normal day to day driving i don't see this kind of issue

7 answers to this question

weak oil seals... probably stressed after the long running time. how many km's has the engine done?

thanks for the reply Elvis

the engine has done 154,000 Km's and its not really a drop. it has been dripping since i kept it parked for a while. and i saw a patch of oil under the engine. i reversed and took some on my fingers and smelled it as well. it is engine oil. and i noticed that the area round the top of the engine has become oily as well. how do i fix it? or should i fix it at all?

the engine has done 154,000 Km's and its not really a drop. it has been dripping since i kept it parked for a while. and i saw a patch of oil under the engine. i reversed and took some on my fingers and smelled it as well. it is engine oil. and i noticed that the area round the top of the engine has become oily as well. how do i fix it? or should i fix it at all?

Best is to replace the seal in the tappet (excuse the spelling) cover, most likely.

Hi MiraOwner

could be you get a oil leak from Rocker cover packing and it is flowing down through the head ans sump too, first of all you want to clean it and run the car and identify from which area the leak is , if it is on Rocker Cover or Sump you can replace them without big mess if it is from Head gasket area, you may need to repacking the whole up section with Head gasket too :)

if it is not leaking huge amount of oil still you can check oil level daily and run it only thing your engine is dirty always , nothing else dude :)

i know here it is difficult to find a car without having a single drop of oil from unless it is very new, nothing to worry about .if you are worried about the leak you may replace packing set again .

thanks

regards

sumith

Thanks Hakjay / Sumiya - i'll take it to a garage and probably see if i can re seal the engine. better be preventive in maintenance. if a serious leak starts then i think i might do irreversible damage. coz i drive it a bit hard without thinkin on long stretches.