• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Warning About An Agent And Some Advice

jdnet

The incompetence and overall poor standard of service at Carmart is legendary. It's a real shame too, given the company has such a long and illustrious past. As a hapless owner of a Mazda, where might one look for salvation? Mazna Motors? are they largely considered to be the best 3rd party garage for Mazdas?

Not sure about where you should get your mazda repaired from. Other than the alternator which I had done at tissa I haven't had major repairs yet. The small stuff such as brakes I did myself.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you're one to talk, considering it's less than a week since you highly recommended said agent and even told me to ask their CEO for a reference on you <_<

Seand,

Please do not write lies on your posts and miss lead other members.

Yes I wrote to you a PM and told about the their start.C/M has a History of more than 50 years.

It is very wrong of you to say I recommended C/M.

For the other members to read I will paste what I wrote to Seand under.

Used Carmart At Lauris Road Bambalapitiya was started by Late Mr. Clarence Amarasinghe Senak's farther in a private land own by my uncle with Finance help of my Uncle late Barrister R.C.Fonseka. Which was very successful and during Late Clearance's time he expanded to present head office Union Place. Kandy branch is closed up at present then Body shop To Ratmalana and Can manufacturing factory.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

hahahhaaaa!!! you just made my day.

And funny how sylvi uncle (in his initial post before he removed the part) was bitching about local mechanics who do all sorts of crazy stuff to cars when uncle himself claims to so so much stupid shit that Chinese van of his by removing parts and replacing them with 'japanese' parts. :D

Uncle what happened, old age leading to memory loss eh? :P

Watchman,

I am no relation of yours if you address to me as Uncle that means I have had a personal intimacy with your Mater.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Seand,

Please do not write lies on your posts and miss lead other members.

Yes I wrote to you a PM and told about the their start.C/M has a History of more than 50 years.

It is very wrong of you to say I recommended C/M.

For the other members to read I will paste what I wrote to Seand under.

Used Carmart At Lauris Road Bambalapitiya was started by Late Mr. Clarence Amarasinghe Senak's farther in a private land own by my uncle with Finance help of my Uncle late Barrister R.C.Fonseka. Which was very successful and during Late Clearance's time he expanded to present head office Union Place. Kandy branch is closed up at present then Body shop To Ratmalana and Can manufacturing factory.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

No contest. You forgot to include this part:

I find you use are Peugeot fan if you want any reference of mine you can contact Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe CEO Car Mart or for work done.

Anyway I will stop pissing on someone else' thread. I took the above line to mean you held yourself in high esteem with CM and vice versa.

As someone else has stated Carmarts exploits are pretty much among the stuff of legends now when it comes to screwing the customer. They single handedly manage to ruin the reputation of VW, Peugeot and to a lesser extent Mazda in SL thanks to their half-assed cons.

For Mazda owners, Im told that Mazna is the place to go although some report are now coming in of them suffering from "Monopoly Syndrome"

Peugeot owners have two or three good outside options now and VW /Audi drivers now have the option of Vishwa Motors, who really know the cars.

Sylvi,

FYI, Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe is not the CEO of Carmart anymore...His son Yasendra Amarasinghe has taken over... as he is a personal friend of mine i will ask both him and his dad about your relationship to their business... cheers! Also, i can confirm with everyone here that this thread has been read by Yasendra and the Carmart management and will follow up with the outcome...

Watchman,

I am no relation of yours if you address to me as Uncle that means I have had a personal intimacy with your Mater.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Uncle (Latin avunculus "little grandfather," diminutive of avus "grandfather,") is a family relationship or kinship, the brother or brother-in-law of a parent. A woman with an equivalent relationship is an aunt, and the reciprocal relationship is that of a nephew or niece. It is also a title of respect for elders (for example older cousins, neighbors, acquaintances, as well as total strangers), especially in Russia, Japan, Malaysia, Nigeria, Jamaica, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Turkey, China, Maori culture and most Pacific Islands

So by your own admission, Sylvi, you would have slept with your own Sister... or Brother, depending on your orientation... :)

Earn the respect you dumb old fool, without going around demanding it like a moron. Even when someone respects you, you are too dumb to comprehend.

Edited by VVTi

Sylvi,

FYI, Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe is not the CEO of Carmart anymore...His son Yasendra Amarasinghe has taken over... as he is a personal friend of mine i will ask both him and his dad about your relationship to their business... cheers! Also, i can confirm with everyone here that this thread has been read by Yasendra and the Carmart management and will follow up with the outcome...

shaa...that's great news :)

If they take the effort to rectify some of their eff ups as it's been brought out by list members here...it would be super for us Mazda/Ford owners :)

I've been on the hunt for a workshop manual and it seems that you can only get it if you order by part number through the agents...

Gave up on that idea when i heard about all these bad things about local agents...

So there might be hope if agents read these threads and decide to do some justice to the brands they represent

Good job Andy!

Edited by Ripper

If they take the effort to rectify some of their eff ups as it's been brought out by list members here...it would be super for us Mazda/Ford owners :)

I've been on the hunt for a workshop manual and it seems that you can only get it if you order by part number through the agents...

Gave up on that idea when i heard about all these bad things about local agents...

So there might be hope if agents read these threads and decide to do some justice to the brands they represent

Good job Andy!

Hey pm me your model and year on facebook. Can't access my inbox here 90% of the time. I remember my buddy giving me some ford shop manuals. I'll have my wife check if they are for your model. They are probably lying in her house. It's the U.S. version but I guess it should apply to you.

Good job Andy!

ripper, isnt your agent David Peris Motor Co?

correct me if i'm wrong....

Good job Andy!

ripper, isnt your agent David Peris Motor Co?

correct me if i'm wrong....

Sylvi,

No personal offence here... but I do hope, for the sake of a brand with such great potential and following, your friend's entrepreneur genes are more closer to the grandfather than anyone else..

Remember that, these guys turned a blind eye all these years, when everyone complained and kept moving away from the Mazdas due to their crap service...

Imagine the service income they would have got on the long run, if people had faith in the agents and chose more from the Mazda 3s or the Axelas during the recent duty cuts..

Mazda brand needs an agent who has the balls to get rid of the assholes in the workshop, update the tools both hardware and software, have a simple feedback method to understand, and more importantly, act on customer feedback... and come out and tell everyone the change is done...

p.s. - Mods, you can remove this post if my language is not politically correct... :mellow:

Sylvi,

It will be good to see if C/M will do something about all the -ve comments. C/M poor service / customer care has been known for a long time.

No personal offence here... but I do hope, for the sake of a brand with such great potential and following, your friend's entrepreneur genes are more closer to the grandfather than anyone else..

Remember that, these guys turned a blind eye all these years, when everyone complained and kept moving away from the Mazdas due to their crap service...

Imagine the service income they would have got on the long run, if people had faith in the agents and chose more from the Mazda 3s or the Axelas during the recent duty cuts..

Mazda brand needs an agent who has the balls to get rid of the assholes in the workshop, update the tools both hardware and software, have a simple feedback method to understand, and more importantly, act on customer feedback... and come out and tell everyone the change is done...

p.s. - Mods, you can remove this post if my language is not politically correct... :mellow:

well said. lets see what happens next.

100% agree 0% disagree :)

They have a better performing brand with tempting volumes so they must be too busy to focus on other brands same is the story with Nissan agents as I heard.

speaking about the nissan agents. I went in a few months while car shopping just to make myself aware of whats out there. Anyway it seemed like the clearcoat on the cars on display were covered in swirl marks (the type you get when sand and other contaminants rub on the clear coat after a few years). Anyway I was wondering if any one has noticed that problem any where else? I would expect the clear coat to be perfect on a brand new car.

No contest. You forgot to include this part:

I find you use are Peugeot fan if you want any reference of mine you can contact Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe CEO Car Mart or for work done.

Anyway I will stop pissing on someone else' thread. I took the above line to mean you held yourself in high esteem with CM and vice versa.

SeanD,

Yes Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe I know him.

Yes My late Farther and I did work for Used C/M and later C/M from 1950 to 1983 ( Vespa Ignition coils Altenators W/SWiper motors) till new parts arrived with free imports.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

Andrew_GTR,

I was not aware Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe is not the CEO of Carmart any more.

I request a appology for that statement.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Jdnet superb work, hats off for posting the thread, its basically an eye opener for those who take their

vehicles even for a very minor repair / check ups (replacing even a fuse)to garages, which invariably, maka basses

make a meal out of it.

I never take my vehcile to the garage unless i check first, let me explain my recent experience, my Mini Van

early morning / first start idle was very iratic and engine tends to vibrate a lot, but however this tendency goes

off when the engine is hot, took it to a nearby by Garage for an opinion, there advice

- replace al spark plus

- throttle body Full clean up / service

- Full injectors clean up

- change Air filter.

So i worked out approx cost Rs. 10,000/- bucks, since we dont have time on weekdays, i on my own chekcd on a weekend

....no wats the problem was......... a slight leak from the manifold Gasket.so simple i bought a cellastic tupe and

didnt even remove just applied over it........problem solved. My total cost Rs. 250/- bucks for the cellastic.

So my kind advice to all vehicle owners pls atleast get a basic idea of vehicle mechanics, cardinal principal -

don't take your vehciles to the garage for evry small thing, if the makabasses get to know that u guys knowledge

on vehicle is zero, they will take ull for a ride over the moon

Andrew_GTR,

I was not aware Mr. Senaka Amarasinghe is not the CEO of Carmart any more.

I request a appology for that statement.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You heard him, Andrew, he requests an APOLOGY from you! So please apologize to him.

If the Nissan agent has also gone to the dogs, can someone recommend a good place to take an 2004 N16 for a normal service? Have heard too many stories of the agent trying to perform unwanted work (like this engine flush business) and screwing up the car...

They have a better performing brand with tempting volumes so they must be too busy to focus on other brands same is the story with Nissan agents as I heard.

yep...i suppose few years back the market situation was different...their tuk tuk brand ruled SL which is no longer the case with tough competition coming in from other brands...even from chinese tuks

I don't think they ever supported FORD enough let alone build it into a brand...

You can't expect a brand to build itself without any support from marketing...

In the case of Mazda...there seem to be a huge fanbase already...lotsa people love the brand but quite ironically and shockingly the support given by the agents seems to be minimal if at all any...

Thanks to third party suppliers these brands are still doing good... Quite a shame!

As far as my truck goes... It was a ford built by mazda when they were in that joint venture thing. So almost all of the parts except for certain trim bits are from a mazda b2500 :)

If the Nissan agent has also gone to the dogs, can someone recommend a good place to take an 2004 N16 for a normal service? Have heard too many stories of the agent trying to perform unwanted work (like this engine flush business) and screwing up the car...

Give me until evening to get you some feedback, I'm at the agents getting some stuff sorted out right now.

See what a dedicated moderator type I am? checking up on things while at the garage too!