• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb13 Fuel Consumption

vajz

Hi,

Can anyone help me out to know about the fuel consumption of FB-13. Km/l?

Recently I got tuned my carburetor due to knocking and stop the engine when slower..etc

after tuned up now its doing 7-8 per Litre.

Thanks,

Vajiranath

Previously I had 19- FB 13 1.5l car and it has done 12-14 Km per liter in out station after a carburator tune up.

Hi,

Recently I got tuned my carburetor due to knocking and stop the engine when slower..etc

Thanks,

Vajiranath

hi bro

my previous fb13 had the same problem after the tuneup my one do 8-9 without ac :ninja: the the creepy fuel figures you get in because of the carburetor jet getting old to avoid the bad fuel figures use carburetor repair kit after i use repair kit i got 13-14 with ac in out station :D

p.s change your fuel filter as well

Edited by nexus

hi bro

my previous fb13 had the same problem after the tuneup my one do 8-9 without ac :ninja: the the creepy fuel figures you get in because of the carburetor jet getting old to avoid the bad fuel figures use carburetor repair kit after i use repair kit i got 13-14 with ac in out station :D

p.s change your fuel filter as well

bro,

Thanks for the advise. can u please tell me how much would I cost(roughly) to do so..

bro,

Thanks for the advise. can u please tell me how much would I cost(roughly) to do so..

fuel filter=450

carburetor repair kit=2300

for the fitting repair kit and tuneup from garage=1000

so roughly price=3750

i done this one year ago so price won't be lot difference these days :)

Edited by nexus

fuel filter=450

carburetor repair kit=2300

for the fitting repair kit and tuneup from garage=1000

so roughly price=3750

i done this one year ago so price won't be lot difference these days :)

Thanx bro,

So far, 3 times I brought the car to the garage person(at kosgas handiya - grandpass u may know the place ) and last 2 times, what he did is changing the petrol jet inside the carburetor and asked me to run some distance and see whether how the fuel usage is good or bad.

so If your thing was success after fitting the carburetor repair kit, please give me the details of the garage via an email, that'll be a great help for me (only if not violating this forum)

my email is [email protected]

Thanx bro,

So far, 3 times I brought the car to the garage person(at kosgas handiya - grandpass u may know the place ) and last 2 times, what he did is changing the petrol jet inside the carburetor and asked me to run some distance and see whether how the fuel usage is good or bad.

so If your thing was success after fitting the carburetor repair kit, please give me the details of the garage via an email, that'll be a great help for me (only if not violating this forum)

my email is [email protected]

i can give you the details of the garage the problem is i done it in kandy so you can find a good place in your area if you still want the information i can pm you

about the garage person at kosgas handiya i think other members can comment on that because i living in kandy and dont know about the area

bro the jet in side the carburetor have a number if you mess the correct jet number you get bad fuel consumption only the repair kit has the correct jet number jets

and local jet are manufacturer in india because of that the numbers are not correct

so If your thing was success after fitting the carburetor repair kit=yes

i can give you the details of the garage the problem is i done it in kandy so you can find a good place in your area if you still want the information i can pm you

about the garage person at kosgas handiya i think other members can comment on that because i living in kandy and dont know about the area

bro the jet in side the carburetor have a number if you mess the correct jet number you get bad fuel consumption only the repair kit has the correct jet number jets

and local jet are manufacturer in india because of that the numbers are not correct

so If your thing was success after fitting the carburetor repair kit=yes

--

Thanks bro.. I'll get done ask garage person to do the thing with the repair kit.

many thanks...

:D

Hi,

Thanks,

Vajiranath

Friend

i had FB13 and used for a 6 years time.few weeks ago i sold it. yes. the fuel consumption will be 8,9 KM per liter.if you tune up with professional person you will get at least 11 Km -12. this model got electronic carb and must not messed up. go for Nissan agents and get it tuned up

sira

• 2 months later...

Will cleaning the jet needles will help?

you are replying to all most three months old topic and the op has made up his mind to. so look at the date before you reply

Edited by nexus

hi

I had FB13 for a 6 years time and finaly i fed up with the fuel consumption and sold it. i got honda EK3 1998. oh my god what a fuel consumption . cannnt compaire with FB13 with same engine capacity. it is doing well in colombo - 12 KM.

so your issue

this car having electronic carblator controller unit call ECU.if you open right hand side cover of accsalator you can find it. it will be sensing following items

1. Speed of your car

2. Engine coolant temp

3. Nutral Gear position

4. Clutch posotion

5. Power stering pressure

with few of aspects. so you have to check them all then you can have bset fuel consumption and this carb got dual barral intake and in different speed and different stages the carb acting as different mode.be care full and do not let temper this carb. so if you go for agens it will be more and jsut catch a guy in agent and they are well known person

or call - Wasantha - Zero seven seven seven two eight three two eight three two. he is the best guy in kottawa. also you can download service manual on nissanfoum website it got nissan sintra which is US model but carb are sme. so can check all components too.how ever the carbs will not become original condition ,do not pay more for fixing carbs and if you dismentle and assamble lots of time it will be unusable

sira

sira

Edited by sira

• 9 years later...
15 hours ago, Fanooz said:

Need fb13 back side suspension

And petrol tank cable anyone pls

Go to delkanda, there are plenty of recon dealers who brought doctor sunny parts long time back from half cuts to even gearboxes. Hunt around and you can get a good deal on a recon part. 

• 11 months later...