• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Last Night Racers

RaptorRS

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another very eventful night at the drags. Ravi wanting another re-run against Shamil (the last run ever according to Ravi, after losing night after night), and this time yet again with the same sad result - RAVI LOST! ofcourse it was a close run, but as we all know a WIN IS A WIN, considering the mods that were done to his car, stated by one party (proof available) that he was running a 'nadeera special locked diff', a newer wild CAM, racing flywheel, Prodrive ECU (courtesy N Motor Sports), high compression pistons, port and polished head, and also confirmed by another party that he was running NOS! so Ravi's car was modded to the maximum limit possible, and yet lost to Shamil's car which is really speaking running a stock engine and gearbox with just head work and TunediChips ECU, so the math would mean that if it had all the mods which Ravi had it would have been unstoppable!

The real truth beneath this scamful event was that Ravi actually ran a TunediChips ECU from Mr. Zaki's and not a prodrive ECU as any fool would know that is was not possible, even Mr. Deheragoda was surprised to hear of this foolish claim!

Both cars ran two fair runs, ofcourse the first one cannot be taken into account as Shamil crashed his 2nd gear, but both the runs were won by Shamil. We also witnessed a blind crowd of ppl videoing the cars travelling at over 150kmph as their eyes werent sufficient enough to tell who won and who didnt. So trust me guys it wasnt as close as the video tells u, cos you should have been there to witness the real truth. Next time guys dont rely on the camera, if u believe in all of your mods rely on them NOT the camera! Better luck next time!

Another very eventful night at the drags. Ravi wanting another re-run against Shamil (the last run ever according to Ravi, after losing night after night), and this time yet again with the same sad result - RAVI LOST! ofcourse it was a close run, but as we all know a WIN IS A WIN, considering the mods that were done to his car, stated by one party (proof available) that he was running a 'nadeera special locked diff', a newer wild CAM, racing flywheel, Prodrive ECU (courtesy N Motor Sports), high compression pistons, port and polished head, and also confirmed by another party that he was running NOS! so Ravi's car was modded to the maximum limit possible, and yet lost to Shamil's car which is really speaking running a stock engine and gearbox with just head work and TunediChips ECU, so the math would mean that if it had all the mods which Ravi had it would have been unstoppable!

The real truth beneath this scamful event was that Ravi actually ran a TunediChips ECU from Mr. Zaki's and not a prodrive ECU as any fool would know that is was not possible, even Mr. Deheragoda was surprised to hear of this foolish claim!

Both cars ran two fair runs, ofcourse the first one cannot be taken into account as Shamil crashed his 2nd gear, but both the runs were won by Shamil. We also witnessed a blind crowd of ppl videoing the cars travelling at over 150kmph as their eyes werent sufficient enough to tell who won and who didnt. So trust me guys it wasnt as close as the video tells u, cos you should have been there to witness the real truth. Next time guys dont rely on the camera, if u believe in all of your mods rely on them NOT the camera! Better luck next time!

Oh, machang, I am in stitches! My sides are hurting from laughing. U had to be there to see all these boys swallow the Prodrive story! Made so much noise saying that they didn't wanna run a prodrive ECU u could follow the arguement from across the street! Damn, who confirmed this NOS theory? All I heard was "He must be running NOS in there, otherwise he would have shown the car". Hope that wasn't ur confirmation <_<

But I'll tell u this much, no jokes. U have a problem with me videoing the thing, lets see u say it to my face. No one had the nuts to say anything at Pila in the after session, don't see why u wanna make a problem of this on the forum. I took the vids for my own enjoyment, not because anyone there told me too. Trust ur own eyes over the replays to judge cars running at a claimed 150kmph? Hmmm, that must be why so many sports use slow motion replays to figure out what happened. Good thing u aren't a professional umpire. Hate to have u make the run out calls from Square leg.

I'll repeat that in case ur too thick to understand. U have snide comments to make on my camera work, don't go creating new IDs on the forums and posting. Be a man, if u have the nuts. Say who u are and what u have to say. Or do u have summin to hide?

Edited by Pericles

Oh, machang, I am in stitches! My sides are hurting from laughing. U had to be there to see all these boys swallow the Prodrive story! Made so much noise saying that they didn't wanna run a prodrive ECU u could follow the arguement from across the street! Damn, who confirmed this NOS theory? All I heard was "He must be running NOS in there, otherwise he would have shown the car". Hope that wasn't ur confirmation <_<

But I'll tell u this much, no jokes. U have a problem with me videoing the thing, lets see u say it to my face. No one had the nuts to say anything at Pila in the after session, don't see why u wanna make a problem of this on the forum. I took the vids for my own enjoyment, not because anyone there told me too. Trust ur own eyes over the replays to judge cars running at a claimed 150kmph? Hmmm, that must be why so many sports use slow motion replays to figure out what happened. Good thing u aren't a professional umpire. Hate to have u make the run out calls from Square leg.

I'll repeat that in case ur too thick to understand. U have snide comments to make on my camera work, don't go creating new IDs on the forums and posting. Be a man, if u have the nuts. Say who u are and what u have to say. Or do u have summin to hide?

Ok then peri brother if u say so, your the 'professional umpire' let me just ask u one thing man, where the fu*k were u when Ravi lost night after night to Shamil??? and mind you it was a 4 car lead, shud have been so easy to catch on tape man, u got any videos of that?? why do u suddenly turn up with ur camera and all last night man?? oh ok lemme guess....u werent hired on those days?? that a good one! Please man gimme a break...even you know that he ran NOS thats why u turned up with all ur gear so confidently, and now that he lost u cant take the heat! I do not talk anything inderectly for your information, thats why Ive come out and typed it for all to read! This isnt about u, so keep ur ass to urself! Please double check on my ID, u'll be surprised to know that this ID wasnt just created, it was created three (03) months ago, the fact that I havent been posting bothers u??? man get a life!

Moderators, open a new thread called "Close, but no Cigar".

Wow, Prodrive must make some awesome ECUs. Hahahahahahahahaha that was some funny shit, especially when it turned out to be a good old locally-mapped Tuned i-Chips box anyways.

Hmmm, it seemed to be a good run, and Ravi has suddenly made up 4 cars on Shamil and is neck and neck now. It took a lot of hardcore engine work and a lot of money but it must be worth it. I mean, illegal Street Racing is life for some people, huh? Congratulations, guys.

Whether Ravi used Nitrous Oxide or not is subject to debate, but the fact remains that he refused to open his hood. And that makes him suspect, because an open hood cannot show a hot cam, "LSD/locked-diff", etc etc. Since this is open-class drag racing, anybody is entitled to run anything possible, so the people shouldn't have been clandestine about their mods. I wonder what he had to hide and what gave him 4 cars in 2 days.

Those of you at the start, did Ravi's car just rocket away at the launch? I ask this because when Ashan ran this locked-diff setup, he got the most amazing launches and would leave cars in the dust at the start.

And Pericles, if you knew the background to the 'i-Chips or not' ECU story, you wouldn't be laughing; you'd be shaking your head in disbelief and disgust at the things some people do in desperation. I wont air dirty laundry online, so I'll tell you all that later.

Moderators, open a new thread called "Close, but no Cigar".

Wow, Prodrive must make some awesome ECUs. Hahahahahahahahaha that was some funny shit, especially when it turned out to be a good old locally-mapped Tuned i-Chips box anyways.

Hmmm, it seemed to be a good run, and Ravi has suddenly made up 4 cars on Shamil and is neck and neck now. It took a lot of hardcore engine work and a lot of money but it must be worth it. I mean, illegal Street Racing is life for some people, huh? Congratulations, guys.

Whether Ravi used Nitrous Oxide or not is subject to debate, but the fact remains that he refused to open his hood. And that makes him suspect, because an open hood cannot show a hot cam, "LSD/locked-diff", etc etc. Since this is open-class drag racing, anybody is entitled to run anything possible, so the people shouldn't have been clandestine about their mods. I wonder what he had to hide and what gave him 4 cars in 2 days.

Those of you at the start, did Ravi's car just rocket away at the launch? I ask this because when Ashan ran this locked-diff setup, he got the most amazing launches and would leave cars in the dust at the start.

And Pericles, if you knew the background to the 'i-Chips or not' ECU story, you wouldn't be laughing; you'd be shaking your head in disbelief and disgust at the things some people do in desperation. I wont air dirty laundry online, so I'll tell you all that later.

Haha good one KLM! I hear that Shamils car was having some issues entering gears, and he was complaining about his tank load of 90 octane fuel due to the IOC issue. So his car was probably slower by about 2 cars last night, he didnt get a good launch either, both times Ravi's car was 1 car lead ahead on the launch, so he had to catch up first and then take him down. I think its time Shamil switched from standard to modified, a CAM and final drive should give him better 1/4mile times. As to how its fast as it is, its a tuning feat if you ask me!

Good thinking KLM, I hereby wish to raise my hand seconding your suggestion on the new thread "Close, But No Cigar".

Oh and before I forget did you manage to watch yesterdays episode of Dinotopia? If you didnt, trust me KLM you missed it all! It was so cool! Man those dinosaurs were so dumb! There was this really foolish Brachiosaurus on the show, they were giving away an encyclopedia called Wikipedia for free to all the callers with the right answer! Man you missed it, with the extent of your prehistoric educacy Im sure you would have won the whole Wikipedia collection in one go! So dont forget to watch Dinotopia on ART tv next saturday now

Good thinking KLM, I hereby wish to raise my hand seconding your suggestion on the new thread "Close, But No Cigar".

Oh and before I forget did you manage to watch yesterdays episode of Dinotopia? If you didnt, trust me KLM you missed it all! It was so cool! Man those dinosaurs were so dumb! There was this really foolish Brachiosaurus on the show, they were giving away an encyclopedia called Wikipedia for free to all the callers with the right answer! Man you missed it, with the extent of your prehistoric educacy Im sure you would have won the whole Wikipedia collection in one go! So dont forget to watch Dinotopia on ART tv next saturday now

Triceratops, stop talking cock. Unless your Brachiosaurus is running a Prodrive ECU, we don't want to hear anything about it.

Oh and I forgot to mention the latest news around, some may believe that Ravi ran NOS last night but there are some who also believe that he ran an illegal drag with a 1.6L SiR DOHC engine rated at 160Bhp! in that case what the hell does quicksilver have under that hood???? <_<

Ok then peri brother if u say so, your the 'professional umpire' let me just ask u one thing man, where the fu*k were u when Ravi lost night after night to Shamil??? and mind you it was a 4 car lead, shud have been so easy to catch on tape man, u got any videos of that?? why do u suddenly turn up with ur camera and all last night man?? oh ok lemme guess....u werent hired on those days?? that a good one! Please man gimme a break...even you know that he ran NOS thats why u turned up with all ur gear so confidently, and now that he lost u cant take the heat! I do not talk anything inderectly for your information, thats why Ive come out and typed it for all to read! This isnt about u, so keep ur ass to urself! Please double check on my ID, u'll be surprised to know that this ID wasnt just created, it was created three (03) months ago, the fact that I havent been posting bothers u??? man get a life!

By what I heard, most of Ravi's "night after nights" were on weekdays. I only turn up on Sats. I'm not in that list that gets pre-informed about weekday. I just came on the offchance that something might happen, had no idea who would run who until I got there. U still didn't say who u are. I didn't turn up with my gear confidantly to take clips of Ravi winning. I wanted to see how good the vids turn out in low light. FYI, that was my standard camera, not a video cam. U think I would be interested in ur SOCH battle? Check again. Civics bore me. I only came to GP coz there was no other action happening. Thats also why I don't have vids of the last run.

Its not that fact that u haven't posted in three months that bothers me. Its the fact that u speak on things u know nothing about as if were facts. Like

a. NOS kits

b. Pro-drive ECUs

c. My being there with a cam.

Check around. I've been there with cams before. Its what I do. So if u don't know, I suggest YOU keep YOUR ass to ur self without shooting off ur mouth.

Is there any wonder the drags are so lifeless? All the mud getting spread by rumour mongers. Some decent excitement last time, but only one set of cars.

As I saw it. And I was at the finish line on the side the cars were going.

1st Run - Ravi by quite a bit. Seemed to be fairly close until QS gave up about 100m short of where I was

2nd run - QS by a nose.

Thought it would be good idea to clear out at that time, so was in the car on the other side for near the middle of the track for run 3. At that point Ravi was a nose behind, but surging forward, so he should have got in front by the line. But can't say coz I didnt see the finish. Also, someone changed gears about 50m after they passed me. So someone at the end can say what happened there.

Whats QS gotta say, he is on this forum too. Whats ur take? Forget about these spokespeople.

Ya know what? I'm tired of this BS. I want a personal apology from this redliner for suggesting that I was videoing this event on someone's request or because I wanted to dis-credit Shamil or whatever the hell he tried to imply. An apology in person, and a written apology on the forums. There is simply NO basis for ur comments.

I am a forumer in many forums (local and international) and am also a moderator in a foreign forum; I say this not to blow my own horn but to support something that I wish to say...

Most forums are virtual meeting places for people who share the same interests and is a portal where knowledge is shared and new friends made. This forum is filled with testosterone junkies (if you don’t know what this is "google it") who have nothing better to do but flame each other and are all out to prove themselves by putting everyone down. We as a nation are not growing because of the petty attitudes we all have.

Good online etiquette and helping out another is extremely low on this forum and I wish more knowledgeable folks would join in instead of petty boys trying to prove themselves.

As Pericles mentioned before, he videos the drags for his own personal entertainment and is good enough to share it from time to time, commenting on picture and implying that he is paid for it is "not the right thing to say" and I hope whoever you are is good enough to apologise.

Start posting something that’s useful to everyone instead of posting gossip and junk.

Just my two cents..

I am a forumer in many forums (local and international) and am also a moderator in a foreign forum; I say this not to blow my own horn but to support something that I wish to say...

Most forums are virtual meeting places for people who share the same interests and is a portal where knowledge is shared and new friends made. This forum is filled with testosterone junkies (if you don’t know what this is "google it") who have nothing better to do but flame each other and are all out to prove themselves by putting everyone down. We as a nation are not growing because of the petty attitudes we all have.

Good online etiquette and helping out another is extremely low on this forum and I wish more knowledgeable folks would join in instead of petty boys trying to prove themselves.

As Pericles mentioned before, he videos the drags for his own personal entertainment and is good enough to share it from time to time, commenting on picture and implying that he is paid for it is "not the right thing to say" and I hope whoever you are is good enough to apologise.

Start posting something that’s useful to everyone instead of posting gossip and junk.

Just my two cents..

hefraz i respect your opinion and i agree with you up to a certain extent. but its rather unfair of you to call every member in the forum a 'testosterone junkie'

heated up arguments like these only occur when a drag race is involved. im not trying to justify the language and behaviour of these individuals but its is rational for them to get worked up about these as their reputation is on the line and also not to forget the effort and money they've invested in modifying their ride (im not referring to the cosmetic mods). while you are criticizing their behaviour take a moment to admire the effort and the enthusiasm they’ve put in.

Peri I would like to repeat to you again that my first msg about the videoing thing WASNT directed towards YOU or your cameraman activities, it was clearly towards another person. Its just that you happened to read it and replied in a rather hurtful manner, please go back to my first post and double check if there is any mention of you or your name on it. On my second post, which was a reply to yours, ofcourse I had to address it to u cos u just deserved every word in it! Thats why I told you once and I will say it again, keep ur ass to urself! ITS NOT YOU IM ADDRESSING HERE! We all know that your are a enthusiastic young lad with a very good sence of humour and also behold a love for photography, so continue your good work as we all appreciate it. Just for your info the first run u mentioned wasnt actually a run, Shamil crashed his gear. So it was only understandable that they ran again. So the second run was won by Shamil. And as you werent there to witness the third run, he won the third run as well, so there you are. Sorry if there was any mixup, I really dont know why Im apologizing to you, cos you just asked for it. Cheers!

Peri I would like to repeat to you again that my first msg about the videoing thing WASNT directed towards YOU or your cameraman activities, it was clearly towards another person. Its just that you happened to read it and replied in a rather hurtful manner, please go back to my first post and double check if there is any mention of you or your name on it. On my second post, which was a reply to yours, ofcourse I had to address it to u cos u just deserved every word in it! Thats why I told you once and I will say it again, keep ur ass to urself! ITS NOT YOU IM ADDRESSING HERE! We all know that your are a enthusiastic young lad with a very good sence of humour and also behold a love for photography, so continue your good work as we all appreciate it. Just for your info the first run u mentioned wasnt actually a run, Shamil crashed his gear. So it was only understandable that they ran again. So the second run was won by Shamil. And as you werent there to witness the third run, he won the third run as well, so there you are. Sorry if there was any mixup, I really dont know why Im apologizing to you, cos you just asked for it. Cheers!

Joy. Fine. Its not me, so I'm out.

Well lots of assuming going on but somethings have to be pointed out that

If u can bring a EG8 with a D15B we will prove u can run a pro drive ECU in it. And BTW pro drive ain't a brand it's just a name. The name of the ECU's supplying pro drive are called Hydra ECU. U can go search it and they do support all honda engines. We will show Mr. Deheragoda how a pro drive ECU can be run on a honda. Nigel was not trying to market that his ECU is better than Zaki's one. Cos no honda owner would pay 3 laks for a pro drive ECU. And trust me Zaki's ECU's does make a huge difference. I know it cos i ran my SiR with one of his Chips. And i too carried his sticker in my car.

And pls don't lie abt Shamil's car running stock engine. I respect that car but stop bullshitting. Well people do loose night over night to some cars for example

Me loosing to nirudha's car over and over.

Shamil Exi setup loosing to Razi's corrola over and over.

Drags are won and lost but stop making new user ID's and write shit abt it. For i know one of ur own I-Chips friend's calling up nigel and asking for a NOS bottle to run his own collegues. So stop muttering abt some drag and try to know who u are associating.

Chang, machan, I think you've misunderstood the boys. Nobody denied that running a Prodrive ECU in a SOHC was possible. The point of contention here was whether Ravi ran a Prodrive ECU or not LAST NIGHT. Zakie wanted to know what was in the car especially since he spent so much time and effort doing a fresh map for Ravi two days before the actual run. That is the only reason Shamil and Zakie wanted to know what was in the car.

Secondly, will you point blank deny that a Nitrous Oxide system was used in the car?

And as for Shamil's car, I've been with him and Zakie throughout the conversion process from EXI to VTEC and I can honestly say that he is running a bog standard cam and pistons. The head is definitely ported, polished and faced and he is obviously running a Tuned i-Chips ECU. Like everybody else he has worked on the intake and exhaust and he has a a home-made cam pulley :angry-smiley-048:. Apart from that I can't think of anything else so I guess its over to Quicksilver himself to dispel all rumours.

I'm posting again just to clear up some of the confusion here but like most people, I'm waiting for an official denial of Nitrous Oxide usage. And just to reiterate, there is nothing wrong with running Nitrous or any mod for that matter. Everybody was just wondering why they refused to open the car's hood when asked........

well.. the way I heard the story was that Ravi kicked a**.... saturday night... while shamil didnt even wana run even with his changed over tires... but later on decided to run and lost two out of three...

well.. the way I heard the story was that Ravi kicked a**.... saturday night... while shamil didnt even wana run even with his changed over tires... but later on decided to run and lost two out of three...

Ravindra my boy, you seem like a real fool to believe these stories, Im surprised you from all people who have been prominent in the honda scene didnt come and see for yourself. Shamil didnt refuse to run, he has infact never refused to run anyone who wanted to, I think you of all people whould know that, he refused to run till Zaki gave him the ok to do so, as there was a conflict of interest about the ECU that ran in Ravi's car, so as soon as Zaki cleared it out that it was his ECU that Ravi was running they headed straight to GP. So please machang take some responsibility before you say such dumb things! After all they ran. Ravi never won any run. The first run wasnt even a run cos Shamil crashed his gear, the second and third were won by Shamil, why do u think they say they might have won the first one?...they probably think that the NOS can ran out on the other two runs:) But let me tell you one thing, even a turbo charger on Ravi car cant take down quicksilver, so to atleast have kept up with him he had to use a 75Bhp shot of NOS! the sad part being that he still lost.