• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Identifying Genuine Toyota 121 G Grade

Sebastian

Hi Friends,

TOYOTA COROLLA 121 car comes in many grades. But the "G" Grade is having a big demand than all others. Hence, there are some car sellers (not sellers, but thieves) in Sri Lanka who are trying to sell cars which are originally not in "G" grade, but sell as "G" grade cars by doing some level of modifications. Hence, if somebody is going to buy a 121 car, it is very important to understand how a original "G" grade car can be identified.

I'm not a person with deep level knowledge about the car models, but I would like to start this topic by sharing some points I have heard with this regards. Please find what I have heard about original "G" grade cars as given below. Please make sure to comment or add with your experience and knowledge.

• Original "G" grade cars does not come with reverse sensors (but, it can be installed locally).
  • The interior colour of the original "G" grade cars are beige. This does not mean that, all 121 cars come with beige colour interior are "G" grade. But if it is a "G" grade car, the interior shoud be in Beigr colour.
  • Original "G" grade car does NOT have its all 4 wheels with Disc breaks, but only two.
  • The interior lock handles of the "G" grade cars are built in with stainless steel, not in plastic.
  • The seats of "G" grade cars should be Fabric. It should not be leather seats.
  • Also the meters of the dashboard has a difference in "G" grade than the other grade, but I'm not quiet sure what this is.
  • Also, original "G" grade can be identified using the chassy number, not sure how.
  • Also, original "G" grade can be identified using the Frame Code. Frame code is given in the registration book. There are many web sites which gives the grade of the car for a given frame code.

Important: There is a person living in Kandana, Fathima Road who is selling non G grade cars as G grade cars as a business. mostly, he is buying 121 XLI cars fro a low price, and do some level of modifications to the dashboard and seats. Then he himself remove the XLI badge and fix a "G" badge. That person advertise his cars in Sunday papers as well. Please do not get caught to this person. please share this news around.

Hi Friends,

TOYOTA COROLLA 121 car comes in many grades. But the "G" Grade is having a big demand than all others. Hence, there are some car sellers (not sellers, but thieves) in Sri Lanka who are trying to sell cars which are originally not in "G" grade, but sell as "G" grade cars by doing some level of modifications. Hence, if somebody is going to buy a 121 car, it is very important to understand how a original "G" grade car can be identified.

I'm not a person with deep level knowledge about the car models, but I would like to start this topic by sharing some points I have heard with this regards. Please find what I have heard about original "G" grade cars as given below. Please make sure to comment or add with your experience and knowledge.

• Original "G" grade cars does not come with reverse sensors (but, it can be installed locally).
  • The interior colour of the original "G" grade cars are beige. This does not mean that, all 121 cars come with beige colour interior are "G" grade. But if it is a "G" grade car, the interior shoud be in Beigr colour.
  • Original "G" grade car does NOT have its all 4 wheels with Disc breaks, but only two.
  • The interior lock handles of the "G" grade cars are built in with stainless steel, not in plastic.
  • The seats of "G" grade cars should be Fabric. It should not be leather seats.
  • Also the meters of the dashboard has a difference in "G" grade than the other grade, but I'm not quiet sure what this is.
  • Also, original "G" grade can be identified using the chassy number, not sure how.
  • Also, original "G" grade can be identified using the Frame Code. Frame code is given in the registration book. There are many web sites which gives the grade of the car for a given frame code.

Important: There is a person living in Kandana, Fathima Road who is selling non G grade cars as G grade cars as a business. mostly, he is buying 121 XLI cars fro a low price, and do some level of modifications to the dashboard and seats. Then he himself remove the XLI badge and fix a "G" badge. That person advertise his cars in Sunday papers as well. Please do not get caught to this person. please share this news around.

You got this all wrong...it should be corrected like this...

[*]Original "G" grade car does NOT have its all 4 wheels with Disc breaks, but only two

-- well even if the customer wants it in all four DISK Brakes and with "G" trim, still any toyota plant in Japan will make one..

[*]The interior colour of the original "G" grade cars are beige. This does not mean that, all 121 cars come with beige colour interior are "G" grade. But if it is a "G" grade car, the interior shoud be in Beigr colour.

-- No one can say and commit that trim grade "G" must be in Beige color, it also as per the customer's request...hence interior default color is Beige,

[*]The interior lock handles of the "G" grade cars are built in with stainless steel, not in plastic.

-- its not Stainless Steel ...nor made in iron based material...its Acrylic/ABS (Plastic) Electroplated with Chrome.

The only thing which can identify whether its a G or other grade is from the VIN and some might state the trim grade in the car information tag.

To easily identify a singapore import.. the only thing is the A/C ventilator controler..Singapore imports only have Windshield Vent and Up front Vent tags only where as the JDM and SL Brandnew versions has all the Vent Indicators on the controler.

To distinctly identify a SL brand new Version (LX,XLI,GLI) over a JDM , best thing would be the CR book and YOM against Registered Number and the date..

[*]The seats of "G" grade cars should be Fabric. It should not be leather seats.

-- Man...how in earth you got this idea...U might have juggled with Singapore imports... In Japan, People can select in any trim they want...may be in Alacantara, Suede, Leather, Fabric, velvet... or perhaps in any available material they prefer..but at a cost...

• 5 years later...
You got this all wrong...it should be corrected like this...

[*]Original "G" grade car does NOT have its all 4 wheels with Disc breaks, but only two

-- well even if the customer wants it in all four DISK Brakes and with "G" trim, still any toyota plant in Japan will make one..

[*]The interior colour of the original "G" grade cars are beige. This does not mean that, all 121 cars come with beige colour interior are "G" grade. But if it is a "G" grade car, the interior shoud be in Beigr colour.

-- No one can say and commit that trim grade "G" must be in Beige color, it also as per the customer's request...hence interior default color is Beige,

[*]The interior lock handles of the "G" grade cars are built in with stainless steel, not in plastic.

-- its not Stainless Steel ...nor made in iron based material...its Acrylic/ABS (Plastic) Electroplated with Chrome.

The only thing which can identify whether its a G or other grade is from the VIN and some might state the trim grade in the car information tag.

To easily identify a singapore import.. the only thing is the A/C ventilator controler..Singapore imports only have Windshield Vent and Up front Vent tags only where as the JDM and SL Brandnew versions has all the Vent Indicators on the controler.

To distinctly identify a SL brand new Version (LX,XLI,GLI) over a JDM , best thing would be the CR book and YOM against Registered Number and the date..

[*]The seats of "G" grade cars should be Fabric. It should not be leather seats.

-- Man...how in earth you got this idea...U might have juggled with Singapore imports... In Japan, People can select in any trim they want...may be in Alacantara, Suede, Leather, Fabric, velvet... or perhaps in any available material they prefer..but at a cost...

on his comment he is giving a hint of identifying Singapore imports models .

But i cant understand what he is telling ."Windshield Vent and Up front Vent tags only where as the JDM and SL Brandnew versions has all the Vent Indicators on the controler" ...damn,,,

what are Windshield Vent and Up front Vent tags only? can some one give me some images of this Windshield Vent and Up front Vent tags only,

Thanks

Wow.An old post suddenly appeared and seems to be a good hit. I think it's useless to react according to the stupid market trends.instead better buy a car which pleases you. I don't know why people worrying about these badges,teak panels etc.better pay your attention more for the condition of the engine than considering those minor things,which can be fixed later for few bucks.

Edited by AbeysinghE

Wow.An old post suddenly appeared and seems to be a good hit. I think it's useless to react according to the stupid market trends.instead better buy a car which pleases you. I don't know why people worrying about these badges,teak panels etc.better pay your attention more for the condition of the engine than considering those minor things,which can be fixed later for few bucks.

The thing is only few good pple think like u mate.

All the others are considering abut badges,teak panels etc.