• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Duty Free Vehicle Permit

Venura1

Wow... sounds like a party... :) Were you guys playing Air Supply too in the ICE?

I would sure be uncomfortable too if I had 3 guys in the back on the back seat... Kudos to you mate... you seem to have 'taken' it well... :)

It must get uncomfortable when two guys are making carbon their b*tch in the back of a JGC. Maybe KY would have made the ride a little better.

Edited by jdnet

Also the suspension of the montero made you feel as though you were jumping on a trampoline.

lol! yeah, true that. Going on a Montero sport is like travelling on a trampoline. horribly uncomfortable

Edited by liya

Pardon me? Which Grand Cherokee might that be? Because we happen to have a 2007, and it is VERY comfortable, especially long distance. Those "Hard" leather seats you speak of, when you cover 400-500 Km in one day over a mix of tarmac and gravel then you'll understand what "Supportive" means. Its not perfect, certainly not as comfy as, say a disco 4 (which has a much more superior chassis) but it is leagues ahead of the montero sport, which is basically an L200 with coils at the back to carry that fat arse...

Hey Well problem with 2007 GCH is that it looks cheap, And interior looks terrible, and it made out of cheap plastic. Thats why Chrysler (Which includes Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler,) Went bankrupt. SO they had to redesign most of their engines and exterior and interior. And new one looks gorgeous. All materials are soft touch. But I m sure even 2007 GCH is also very comfortable as most american cars are.

Hey Well problem with 2007 GCH is that it looks cheap, And interior looks terrible, and it made out of cheap plastic. Thats why Chrysler (Which includes Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler,) Went bankrupt. SO they had to redesign most of their engines and exterior and interior. And new one looks gorgeous. All materials are soft touch. But I m sure even 2007 GCH is also very comfortable as most american cars are.

So Chrysler went bankrupt because the Interior of the 2007 Grand Cheerokee looks "terrible" (Your opinion) and is made out of cheap plastic (fact)?

Geee....I had NO idea!!

It must get uncomfortable when two guys are making carbon their b*tch in the back of a JGC. Maybe KY would have made the ride a little better.

Are you know talking out of experience.... ?? you seem to be self obsessed with your rear end, no wonder !!

So Chrysler went bankrupt because the Interior of the 2007 Grand Cheerokee looks "terrible" (Your opinion) and is made out of cheap plastic (fact)?

Geee....I had NO idea!!

Chrysler went bankruptcy not only because of GCH its because of the majority of the models they had problems. Ex- GCH, Dodge durango (which they stoped producing for 2009 and 2010 model year and redesign it and reintroduce to 2011 model year). Chrysler 300, Chrysler 200, etc they did redesign most of their line up. And now they are doing OK. But still Buik and GMC is suffering. With the price that they sell their cars they are in the touching distance with Mercs and BMW. (I dont know about SL ut in US its like that). So you need to keep the quality with the competing brands.

Chrysler went bankruptcy not only because of GCH its because of the majority of the models they had problems. Ex- GCH, Dodge durango (which they stoped producing for 2009 and 2010 model year and redesign it and reintroduce to 2011 model year). Chrysler 300, Chrysler 200, etc they did redesign most of their line up. And now they are doing OK. But still Buik and GMC is suffering. With the price that they sell their cars they are in the touching distance with Mercs and BMW. (I dont know about SL ut in US its like that). So you need to keep the quality with the competing brands.

You just contradicted yourself, my friend.

You ARE aware that cars are redesigned every so often because they have to keep getting updated right?

You just contradicted yourself, my friend.

You ARE aware that cars are redesigned every so often because they have to keep getting updated right?

I agree with you partially. Redesign will take place after it cycle completes, But what Chrysler did was they redesign almost every car in their line up in the same year and thats unheard of. All car companies will introduced redesign cars one or 2 models per year. Not almost everything. And Dodge durangos case is total different, previous model was so bad they stoped producing it for 2 years and then re introduced to again in 2011. And that we have never heard of. And read this they had to report to presidential auto task force and they got federal grants.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/chrysler-planning-to-redesign-at-least-five-models-by-mid-2011/

I m sorry if u do have one of the crap cars that americans produce in pre 2011 era. It was really bad those days. Reputation that American cars had in pre 2011 era still haunts them. People still kind of hesitant to buy them in USA.

I agree with you partially. Redesign will take place after it cycle completes, But what Chrysler did was they redesign almost every car in their line up in the same year and thats unheard of. All car companies will introduced redesign cars one or 2 models per year. Not almost everything. And Dodge durangos case is total different, previous model was so bad they stoped producing it for 2 years and then re introduced to again in 2011. And that we have never heard of. And read this they had to report to presidential auto task force and they got federal grants.

http://www.4wheelsne...ls-by-mid-2011/

I m sorry if u do have one of the crap cars that americans produce in pre 2011 era. It was really bad those days. Reputation that American cars had in pre 2011 era still haunts them. People still kind of hesitant to buy them in USA.

Stop speaking out of your as$ kthxbye. Now don't come back whining and crying like the other ones.

http://www.4wheelsne...ls-by-mid-2011/

Yeah,,,, I figured as much, Another "expert"....

Where do all these jokers come from?

• Like 1

What's the issue you pounding with US and Americans.Did someone in US rape you?

Hey dude, I m not pounding americans or US. I live in that country. US is not really good at making cars, if you have seen the US motor industry u can understand this. Any way whats with you and this rape seen. Do u think like everybody in this world get raped like you and u r mum. As I said in the morning in another forum () you and u r mum must have been raped, And u must be a guy who doesnt have a dad, and thats why u peek in every forum and give some negative comments. Please do stop it DUMBO.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all............

Just thought of sharing my experience

Everybody was talking about the price, comfort, resale value, etc. of the vehcles which were offered for the permit, but nobody talk about the SAFETY

I bought a FREELANDER 2 GS for my permit, and I would say I’m still alive, because of the safety features of the vehicles

Just look at the following pics:

before the accident

post-7791-0-95506200-1338657651_thumb.jp

post-7791-0-94205200-1338657683_thumb.jp

after that

post-7791-0-87758500-1338658591_thumb.jp

post-7791-0-31462100-1338658574_thumb.jp

post-7791-0-30625700-1338658614_thumb.jp

post-7791-0-01973200-1338658634.jpg

post-7791-0-75866600-1338658725_thumb.jp

post-7791-0-07828600-1338658809.jpg

i ve fallen a sleep while driving

the steep as you could see is about 20 foot deep

one would ask about the injuries, nothing except a very minor bruise on my right arm, probably because of the seat belts

only i was in the vehicle at that time....................

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 3

wow man that's a one nasty accident you are lucky to survive that it's good to hear that you are ok wish you a speedy recovery fella and good luck to you

btw what is the vehicle status is it condemned?.

wow man that's a one nasty accident you are lucky to survive that it's good to hear that you are ok wish you a speedy recovery fella and good luck to you

btw what is the vehicle status is it condemned?.

thanks mate

the vehicle was condemned but the SLI people paid me the full amount, with no hesitation............... although they have taken few weeks

Edited by priyanka

hi all............

Everybody was talking about the price, comfort, resale value, etc. of the vehcles which were offered for the permit, but nobody talk about the SAFETY

I bought a FREELANDER 2 GS for my permit, and I would say I’m still alive, because of the safety features of the vehicles

before the accident

after that

one would ask about the injuries, nothing except a very minor bruise on my right arm, probably because of the seat belts

Hey u r very lucky and I m glad that you are OK, so when you say SLI gave you the full payment does that means did you get the amount as a full duty paid vehicle or did you just get the amount you bought the car?? ( I think if you insure the car for full amount (fully duty paid amount) you should have got the full payment.

Hey u r very lucky and I m glad that you are OK, so when you say SLI gave you the full payment does that means did you get the amount as a full duty paid vehicle or did you just get the amount you bought the car?? ( I think if you insure the car for full amount (fully duty paid amount) you should have got the full payment.

i got the market value, that means the value of a duty paid vehicle.................which was a fair amount

hi all............

before the accident

after that

good to hear that u survived :) its one nasty accident bro :(

so free lander is good and its safety :) thanks for sharing :)