• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Of A Suzuki Swift 2008

chew

Question

I recently bought a Suzuki Swift 2008 model (Auto gear, used unregistered). Fuel consumption is around 6.8 in colombo and outstation is around 10. I heard that it does around 10 in colombo and 14 outstation. Can anyone please guide me what should I do to rectify this problem?

Thanks

I recently bought a Suzuki Swift 2008 model (Auto gear, used unregistered). Fuel consumption is around 6.8 in colombo and outstation is around 10. I heard that it does around 10 in colombo and 14 outstation. Can anyone please guide me what should I do to rectify this problem?

Thanks

Even though it is 1300 CC that car is not good in fuel,it will do maximum 11-12 on outstation on very careful driving. :)

thanks

regards

sumith

I have a Swift 2005 model, auto gear. It does around 10 km/lt outstation. To me its too low for a 1300 cc small car. I did engine tune-up but it is still the same.I think this is maxium you can get.

Don't think so. My friend has a Swift 1200 cc and it does some 12 odd in the city.

I have a Swift 2004 model(4WD Model), auto gear. It does around 15-16 km/lt Maharagama to Badulla with A/C

so i guess from maharagama to badulla don't you climb the hill ?

i am pretty sure it doesn't do this much

thanks

regards

sumith

I have a Swift 2004 model(4WD Model), auto gear. It does around 15-16 km/lt Maharagama to Badulla with A/C. In Badulla it does around 6-10 (High mountain area)

Hmmm.... :speechless-smiley-004:

Planning on selling it soon?

Edited by VVTi

This is not a fiction, last week I went to Bandarawela and return to Badulla, in this trip it done 11-12 km/L

I forget to tell, fuel is 95 Octane

Chill dude!...16KMPL IS possible ofcourse.But it'd have to be a drive in th wee hours of the morning with no stoppages and pin-point accurate gear shifts all the way....unfortunately in the real everyday world we live in an underpowered,4WD and automatic petrol car achieving those figures is virtually impossible.please don't misguide the members who may be seeking genuine advice. :)

Since you own one, I guess you would be the best person to tell us.

well... i haven't drove it much..actually its our family car..but i am the only one driving it.. still in registration process(nearly 1 month now.had some problems with the leasing company)

thats why i asked you guys :)

well... i haven't drove it much..actually its our family car..but i am the only one driving it.. still in registration process(nearly 1 month now.had some problems with the leasing company)

thats why i asked you guys :)

If this is gonna be a family car that regularly takes 3-4 people around, I suggest you stop worrying about the fuel consumption other ppl get and just enjoy the car. Practice smooth driving, do your maintenance, and unless its giving you a ridiculous number like 5kmpl, don't worry.

If this is gonna be a family car that regularly takes 3-4 people around, I suggest you stop worrying about the fuel consumption other ppl get and just enjoy the car. Practice smooth driving, do your maintenance, and unless its giving you a ridiculous number like 5kmpl, don't worry.

Hey! Some of us consider 5 KM/L a pretty respectable figure! :P

Back to the original question, what are the steps I have to take in order to increase the fuel efficiency?

It might not be a problem with the car itself. As Peri said, fuel efficiency techniques have been discussed before. Try them out and determine whether it's a mechanical problem or your driving style.