• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Harrier

fuzzo

the monteros are around 4.8mil and upwards... and that's the direction i'm headed right now. only issue is that must get it froma trustworthy person coz there are so many of these cut-butt jobs running around... plus this time a sunroof it a must :jumping-smiley-013:

cool. so the cut-butt scene is still running high heh. there are few toppled monteros in the trade as well. heard moteros have bit of a suspension issue that make them topple at high speeds. i personally know two of the accidents both of the owners managed to get a body permit and imported the whole body so they look good as new and its legal.

about the cut-butts best thing is to take it to desilva motor engineers for a valuation they are real experts in identifying cut-butts. valuation will only cost you bout rs.1000. or tell the seller you want it valuated from desilva so you can claim the bill from him and save the extra pennys.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. so the cut-butt scene is still running high heh.

the scene has gone a bit more high tech now where it'snot 2 half cuts joined anymore. the body permits and chassis permits allow people to import full vehicles and assemble them locally. even the valuers won't be able to catch it. and when the RMV went to english plates, even motobikes got same series nos as cars and jeeps. so if you want a book, just buy a english plate motorbike, pay a small fee at RMV and get the details changed on the book.

only way to check is to trace the shipping documents whch i don't think it's easy to access.

the scene has gone a bit more high tech now where it'snot 2 half cuts joined anymore. the body permits and chassis permits allow people to import full vehicles and assemble them locally. even the valuers won't be able to catch it. and when the RMV went to english plates, even motobikes got same series nos as cars and jeeps. so if you want a book, just buy a english plate motorbike, pay a small fee at RMV and get the details changed on the book.

only way to check is to trace the shipping documents whch i don't think it's easy to access.

wow impressive. why can't these sri lankans think like this when handling other problems. what is this unreg 1998 model montero scene??????

are you sure???????? i would really like to see that list. tried google but couldn’t find anything.

they have a crappy second hand market value. that itself is enough not to buy one. You should listen to some of jeremy clarksons comments on koreans

Yep im sure. It was in the motormag quite some time ago. Actually depriciation mainly exists in Britain. In sri lanka it doesnt actually matter. If you buy a kia rio for around 1.5 recon, you'll be able to sell it for around 1.3, which is not bad. The 01 sonata has depriciated wuite a lot , but thats only because of the sri lankan market, since its quite heavy on fuel, where as the elantra is the same price second hand even though its a class below it, but it sells since its a 1.6l.

Yep im sure. It was in the motormag quite some time ago. Actually depriciation mainly exists in Britain. In sri lanka it doesnt actually matter. If you buy a kia rio for around 1.5 recon, you'll be able to sell it for around 1.3, which is not bad. The 01 sonata has depriciated wuite a lot , but thats only because of the sri lankan market, since its quite heavy on fuel, where as the elantra is the same price second hand even though its a class below it, but it sells since its a 1.6l.

i’m sure it'll be quite a pain in the a*s to sell a second hand korean. i mean they dont move as fast as jap cars do they??? anyone have any experience??????

Fuzzo,

On saturday just before the Honda meet me and my friend went to hunt a Honda CRV for him...

There were 2 black + unreg + recon + full opt units

4WD was 4.9 and the 2WD was 4.7

Fuzzo,

On saturday just before the Honda meet me and my friend went to hunt a Honda CRV for him...

There were 2 black + unreg + recon + full opt units

4WD was 4.9 and the 2WD was 4.7

really? what year were these... that sounds a bit cheap for unreg.

yes pls send me an email with the details of where these are...

dude hold ur horses ajmal had a black manual CRV for 4.4 unreg last yr...also wit coolbox n a pretty gud stereo but i think it was 2WD tho not sure...it was in very gud shape...look arnd a bit...

machang have you already given up on the montero??? i think harrier is a much better option than a CRV

no i haven't given up on the montero. i just thought that it was a low price for a crv. my friend got a new gen harrier and i think he paid something like 7 mil for it. it came loaded with navi and 18's :)

2L on the CRV...2.5L on the X-Trail (brand new versions) n 2L (recon versions)...the 2.5 X-Trails push a gud 185bhp

yea i was talking about the recon one. thought 2.5 only came in GT. so if the displacement is the same how come the CRV is underpowered????? there can't be much of a weight difference between the 2 can it??

yea i was talking about the recon one. thought 2.5 only came in GT. so if the displacement is the same how come the CRV is underpowered????? there can't be much of a weight difference between the 2 can it??

wat do u mean the 2.5 came in the GT? the GT came with the SR20VET which is a Turbochargd Variable Valve Timing n Lift 2L rated at 280bhp...i suppose it isnt fair to compare the 2.5 X-Trail to a 2L CRV but it is the 2.5 X-Trail that is sold in most parts of the world...ive never driven a 2L X-Trail to be honest so i cant judge it...

wat do u mean the 2.5 came in the GT? the GT came with the SR20VET which is a Turbochargd Variable Valve Timing n Lift 2L rated at 280bhp...i suppose it isnt fair to compare the 2.5 X-Trail to a 2L CRV but it is the 2.5 X-Trail that is sold in most parts of the world...ive never driven a 2L X-Trail to be honest so i cant judge it...

dude i was talking about the recon x-trail one which is common in SL