• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Panda

Svish

I am interested in Micro Panda. I visited their showroom gathered some information. But I couldn't contact an owner yet. So I need more information regarding the following facts:

Fuel consumption(They say it's around 13kmpl)

Is it worthwhile buying it?(As parts are imported from china)

Comparison with specially Trend and any other brand new cars around that price

Thanks

I am interested in Micro Panda. I visited their showroom gathered some information. But I couldn't contact an owner yet. So I need more information regarding the following facts:

Fuel consumption(They say it's around 13kmpl)

Is it worthwhile buying it?(As parts are imported from china)

Comparison with specially Trend and any other brand new cars around that price

Thanks

'Svish',

My post is not relevant to your question but I want you to know what Micro cars attitude towards to a prospective vehicle buyers. How they accept a cash a deposit and delay the delivery of Vehicle.

I have been visiting their showroom for some time intend in buying a micro buddy van after through market research of Micro buddy van users.I informed them that the Vehicle what I buy is on full lease they said it is OK only they want some confirmation from the bank or any other lending institution. AS they do not have stocks.Parts for assembly is on order will arrive before 5th of February and can give delivery definitely by end March.

I too was Promised a buddy van in January 2nd week delivery was promised last March end. Mid of March when I visited the show room to find out the delivery date they inform me that I did not pay the deposit they have sold same to a another customer in spite of the leasing bank having informed them that I have made a application for a buddy van according to their invoice and requesting them to send the Chassis and Engine number of the new Vehicle to process finial the documentation as already the full lease is approved on 23rd of January 2011.

If they do not Honor leading bank instructions do you think they will honor a motorists interest after purchasing the vehicle from them.

So many Micro Vehicle users have informed me that their aftermarket service is not up to the stranded and delays of delivery after a service and a repair.

Micro never have stocks they wants customers to deposit 200000.00 Rupees for vehicle to import and and give. But they never Honor to their promised date of delivery. The depositor will have to dance to their tune after the deposit made in cash.

Finally I had to throw the copy Invoice on to his table which they issued to me in January to the sales person who handled my matter.

At last I went in for a Indian Maruti buddy Van they gave me one day before the promised delivery date as The bank issued them the delivery order in four days from the date of invoice. Please note not a single cent was requested by the M/s, A*W for the above said van as a deposit.

It is left to you to select a Vehicle in Srilanka has most popular brands of Vehicles in the world. Available with so many Agents and used in abroad sales out lets.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

• 1 month later...

Let me get this straight...so we finally start building vehicles in Sri Lanka but we ruin it all with bad service, and thereby make people import as usual? Wow, just wow that's sad

i just want to point this out. we still havent building any cars

the Micro Trend Panda.. is originally Geely Panda

and the Micro Trend is originally a malaysian car called Naza sutera

]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/92/22uw.jpg

and yes they have poor customer service, they dont even let us take test drives in kandy showroom

Hi,

1.Is there Auto transmission option?

2.How is the fuel consumption?

3.Any idea about price including VAT?

the price is 1415000/= including vat and registration fee

but this is the model without air bags

Hi,

Is there any auto-transmission version?

Do we need to wait in waiting list? How many days?

Thanks

you dont get Auto transmission

and the waiting list is 1 and half months to one month

depending weather they have the color you order and colors and extra features mate

i have also visited their showroom...

as i feel Panda is worth for that amount comparing with Viva and Alto(100% better)

All the options are included

has good finish and all that...........

but people bother about the second hand market of that car........

Don't worry about that..still it's too early to talk about second hand market..even Viva don't have a good second hand market..though Alto has picked up a reasonable market..I'm sure comfort, feature and appearance wise Panda would be good..If the car moves well in the market..finally there will be a good market.

i just want to point this out. we still havent building any cars

the Micro Trend Panda.. is originally Geely Panda

and the Micro Trend is originally a malaysian car called Naza sutera

]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/92/22uw.jpg

and yes they have poor customer service, they dont even let us take test drives in kandy showroom

No. Tread is a chinese car. Hafei Lobo.

No. Tread is a chinese car. Hafei Lobo.

wow.. now that is depressing, the only car that srilnaka claim they build is

actually a chinese copied by malaysians and srilankans both.

thanx mate for shareing :alc:

wow.. now that is depressing, the only car that srilnaka claim they build is

actually a chinese copied by malaysians and srilankans both.

thanx mate for shareing :alc:

So from whome chinese copied it?

thanks for sharing asanka424 so tread is a chinese copy too damn that sucks. :mellow:

It should be Trend, not tread my mistake. Also it is not a copy it is the actual chinese car. Micro ppl jush assemble it in here.

Actually that is how chinese industries work. they made their product and allow anyone to label it their names. From what I have heard even the micro logo in the trend is coming from china with the parts.

There are many examples for such chinese products - such as the washing machines Singer and Damro selling is a same chinese machine with two brand names.

It should be Trend, not tread my mistake. Also it is not a copy it is the actual chinese car. Micro ppl jush assemble it in here.

Actually that is how chinese industries work. they made their product and allow anyone to label it their names. From what I have heard even the micro logo in the trend is coming from china with the parts.

There are many examples for such chinese products - such as the washing machines Singer and Damro selling is a same chinese machine with two brand names.

wow.. i just start to hate micro More now..

seriously, why claim its build in sri lanka..

when i went to micro showroom in kandy.. the salesman told me

"this car is build in sri-lanka"

just a bunch of liars.

just a bunch of liars.

I think that is how you should start moving in the automobile field. First you start up assembling. Then you should build some small interior and exterior parts, then some body parts, then frames and chassis, and finally the motor and transmission. I think that is how india went with their automobile manufacturing. (Also korean auto makers)

Problem with Micro is they are not willing to go beyond the assembling process. We all know that they have lot of tax benefits (thanks to the government) but still they import all the parts to assemble vehicles.

• Like 1

just a bunch of liars.

normally, "where a car is from" is where the parts are assembled together; parts tend to originate from multiple suppliers in multiple countries anyway.

you surely didn't think we were making engines, gearboxes, body panels, radiators, compressors, pumps, etc in Sri Lanka?

Don't worry about that..still it's too early to talk about second hand market..even Viva don't have a good second hand market..though Alto has picked up a reasonable market..I'm sure comfort, feature and appearance wise Panda would be good..If the car moves well in the market..finally there will be a good market.

Actually Perouda's have a fairly good second hand market. If you scan the classifieds you'll notice that the older Kelissas don't seem to have lost much of their value at all. And they are a different proposition. Though assembled in Malaysia they are technically based on Japanese designs built using quite a few Japanese parts. As a result you don't need to entirely rely on the agents for parts or service (and I'll be quite worried if I had to considering who they are :))

I'm not trying to dismiss or undervalue the Panda. I'm just stating the facts as I know them.

I think that is how you should start moving in the automobile field. First you start up assembling. Then you should build some small interior and exterior parts, then some body parts, then frames and chassis, and finally the motor and transmission. I think that is how india went with their automobile manufacturing. (Also korean auto makers)

Problem with Micro is they are not willing to go beyond the assembling process. We all know that they have lot of tax benefits (thanks to the government) but still they import all the parts to assemble vehicles.

normally, "where a car is from" is where the parts are assembled together; parts tend to originate from multiple suppliers in multiple countries anyway.

you surely didn't think we were making engines, gearboxes, body panels, radiators, compressors, pumps, etc in Sri Lanka?

true but the thing is that they cliam that they build it here using Renault technology, and no mate, i didn't thought they make the engine and everything here,

but actually thought that they assemble the engines and everything part by part and thought that they kinda like order the body design to be like that

just for micro..

guess the micro vans are also like that then

When Micro started back some years ago we were really pleased that something good was happening. But now many micro users complain that the after sales service etc simply suck. A driver from a large company which had invested in a batch of micro mpv's told me the mechanical issues they faced as well as the poor service micro provides. Sadly it seems Micro are becoming like most things Sri Lankan.

true but the thing is that they cliam that they build it here using Renault technology, and no mate, i didn't thought they make the engine and everything here,

but actually thought that they assemble the engines and everything part by part and thought that they kinda like order the body design to be like that

just for micro..

guess the micro vans are also like that then

The very first Micro (econo and previlege) was assembled in Sri Lanka and the engine was sourced from Renault (not sure whether from France or some other plant of Renault). The design was unique to Micro and components like the suspension was sourced from India. Body panels were fabricated locally and these caused a whole bunch of problems.

Micro MPV (both the generations) were imported from Hafei as knocked-down kit and assembled in the Peliyagoda plant.

Micro Trend (first generation) was also imported as a knocked-down kit from Hafei, what we called Hafei Lobo in this thread. Naza also did the same thing in Malaysia. Lobo was designed by Pininfarina for Hafei.

Micro Trend (second generation) is rebadged Geely Panda

Micro MX7 First generation was also imported from Hafei as a knocked-down kit and badged here.

Micro MX7 Second generation is rebadged Geely CK2

As for the Malaysian automaker Naza, they are not any better than Micro in their business tactics. To import a foreign car to Malaysia, one must pay about 140% tax. But Naza owner has got a special tax concession from Mahathir Mohammad's government, which allows him to import cars tax free and sell it in their market. So the guy gets down Hafei Lobo, Pug 206, Kia Rio, Kia Pride and cars like that, fixes the Naza badge and sells it. That's why Proton and Perodua are going places but Naza is stuck in their homeground.

The very first Micro (econo and previlege) was assembled in Sri Lanka and the engine was sourced from Renault (not sure whether from France or some other plant of Renault). The design was unique to Micro and components like the suspension was sourced from India. Body panels were fabricated locally and these caused a whole bunch of problems.

Micro MPV (both the generations) were imported from Hafei as knocked-down kit and assembled in the Peliyagoda plant.

Micro Trend (first generation) was also imported as a knocked-down kit from Hafei, what we called Hafei Lobo in this thread. Naza also did the same thing in Malaysia. Lobo was designed by Pininfarina for Hafei.

Micro Trend (second generation) is rebadged Geely Panda

Micro MX7 First generation was also imported from Hafei as a knocked-down kit and badged here.

Micro MX7 Second generation is rebadged Geely CK2

As for the Malaysian automaker Naza, they are not any better than Micro in their business tactics. To import a foreign car to Malaysia, one must pay about 140% tax. But Naza owner has got a special tax concession from Mahathir Mohammad's government, which allows him to import cars tax free and sell it in their market. So the guy gets down Hafei Lobo, Pug 206, Kia Rio, Kia Pride and cars like that, fixes the Naza badge and sells it. That's why Proton and Perodua are going places but Naza is stuck in their homeground.

ahh. So if government changes micro will get closed.