• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Waiting Time For Brand New Vehicles

kmart

Members,

There are suppliers in Japan they will buy a new car register same after few days cancel registration and ship out for any Srilankan buyer but you have to pay registration fee and other fees for that work.

Please note you will get a Japanese home market model not the export model

I have done this in Japan few years back I do not know this system is existing now. Will try to find out let the members know the details.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

There are suppliers in Japan they will buy a new car register same after few days cancel registration and ship out for any Srilankan buyer but you have to pay registration fee and other fees for that work.

Please note you will get a Japanese home market model not the export model

I have done this in Japan few years back I do not know this system is existing now. Will try to find out let the members know the details.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I understand you mean well, but this will only result in more people being dissatisfied that their brand new cars aren't good enough cos the navigation system is not in english yada yada yada.. We're a very spoilt bunch of consumers in some ways. we want everything to be cheap, fast and perfect.

I totally agree WITH Sylvi.. Just checkout my case with Uni*** Mo**S..;

- Ordered the car in first week of April and they promise to deliver in June.

- Gave a call in June and asked the status. **Excuse 1. - Shipment is delayed due to Tsunami in Japan.

- Gave a call in July. **Excuse 2 - The colour and features that i ordered will take time to come. (I didn't order a kitchen and a bathroom for my car)

- Gave a call in August. **Excuse 3 - Now the car is in SL but the customs are having a issue that Chasie number is not linked with their system.

- I will give a call in September and let know the status.... @##$# %$^ $% $^$$^$%^& FFFFFF!!!!!!!..

- On top of this remember that somewhere between april and may there was a Tax increase? Even though i ordered the car before this the company asked me to pay for the new price..!! (Plus more due to increase of vehicle registration charges)

I HAD ENOUGH WITH THIS SHIT..!!!

kMeeg.

Looks like everybody is ordering Viva elites.. :P:P

I also faced the same problems and heard same excuses. For some luck My vehicle is in Sri Lanka now and I'm supposed to get it today evening.

Adding to the first topic you also have to wait about a week after paying the full amount of the vehicle in order to get it registered.

Looks like everybody is ordering Viva elites.. :P:P

I also faced the same problems and heard same excuses. For some luck My vehicle is in Sri Lanka now and I'm supposed to get it today evening.

Adding to the first topic you also have to wait about a week after paying the full amount of the vehicle in order to get it registered.

really,,, congratulation!!! but need to know honestly when did u order viva elite.i ordered it on first week of april..still wating & really fed up about this matter............ :action-smiley-060:

really,,, congratulation!!! but need to know honestly when did u order viva elite.i ordered it on first week of april..still wating & really fed up about this matter............ :action-smiley-060:

26th March. I ordered the Silver color. That's why I said 'I was lucky'. I think Orange and Blue color ones are getting more delayed these days.

26th March. I ordered the Silver color. That's why I said 'I was lucky'. I think Orange and Blue color ones are getting more delayed these days.

But tthe dark colors will have a better resale value,

they r delayed because more ppl order them and very few order white

Just got my car (abt an hour ago).. :)

wow !!! congratulation... how about the car?? & which is the colour? when did they (UNI..O )informed you ..coz im also order it on 06th of april still dont have an information (need to conform that,is colour would be effected for the delay)

thankzzz,,,,,

Just got my car (abt an hour ago).. :)

Haha first of all congratz.Could you tell the date UM actuall promised to deliver when you made the purchase

Btw-So as Sylvi said,we could request a note confirming the date of delivery.Anyone else tried this before ?

I totally agree WITH Sylvi.. Just checkout my case with Uni*** Mo**S..;

- Ordered the car in first week of April and they promise to deliver in June.

- Gave a call in June and asked the status. **Excuse 1. - Shipment is delayed due to Tsunami in Japan.

- Gave a call in July. **Excuse 2 - The colour and features that i ordered will take time to come. (I didn't order a kitchen and a bathroom for my car)

- Gave a call in August. **Excuse 3 - Now the car is in SL but the customs are having a issue that Chasie number is not linked with their system.

- I will give a call in September and let know the status.... @##$# %$^ $% $^$^$%^& FFFFFF!!!!!!!..

- On top of this remember that somewhere between april and may there was a Tax increase? Even though i ordered the car before this the company asked me to pay for the new price..!! (Plus more due to increase of vehicle registration charges)

I HAD ENOUGH WITH THIS SHIT..!!!

kMeeg.

yep machng i also have ordered a car from UNI..MOTORS....they gave me same answer like u on these months like :blink: Tsunami,chasie numbers are not yet,,today i call him & he told me that he has not been the ALLOCATION. after that he told me my car will be received in next week. what to do now waiting for till next week.. :(

i faced the same. in my case i have to wait for two weeks cycle. already 3 passed.... will see how many more...

wow !!! congratulation... how about the car?? & which is the colour? when did they (UNI..O )informed you ..coz im also order it on 06th of april still dont have an information (need to conform that,is colour would be effected for the delay)

thankzzz,,,,,

I think new Elite is better than my Viva (Which i bought last time), little more silent than the old Viva. But the door r bit stiffer than the old viva. I think the door beeding is different than the old one. I ordered a white one this time. Uni#$ called me y'day evening to come and collect the car. I think they'll call you prob on Monday.

Haha first of all congratz.Could you tell the date UM actuall promised to deliver when you made the purchase

Btw-So as Sylvi said,we could request a note confirming the date of delivery.Anyone else tried this before ?

They really don't tell the exact date. When i ordered in April they said 'at best' the car will deliver in end of May and most probably it will be in June. No written evidence to take any action.

I think new Elite is better than my Viva (Which i bought last time), little more silent than the old Viva. But the door r bit stiffer than the old viva. I think the door beeding is different than the old one. I ordered a white one this time. Uni#$ called me y'day evening to come and collect the car. I think they'll call you prob on Monday.

Yep will see on next time.....

yep...will see ,, when did u order the car ??

April. they promised me to bring within 2 1/2 months. already 3 months passed.

Guys gotta quiz.. what are they do with our vehicle reservation payment? are they pay it to the vehicle producing company? or goes to their own account?

April. they promised me to bring within 2 1/2 months. already 3 months passed.

Guys gotta quiz.. what are they do with our vehicle reservation payment? are they pay it to the vehicle producing company? or goes to their own account?

hi,,

on today it was my conquering four month for waiting :angry-smiley-048: hopeful u also same term

don't know whether payment is gonna their own or vehicle company

Hi Kmeeg.....

machoo.... u r viva is auto or manual ??? today i called that fu.. guy who is called Mr mohomed. he told me, my car will be delayed more than 2 weeks.coz manual transmission are not available.. i dont know whether he is telling lies . now he dosnt say certain date. the only thing that he says allocation are not there ( it mean chasis no & engin no ) .as i think this is very cheated answer... machn have i any ways to solve diz problem.... ( cant i get the advance which paid to that liers )

Hi Kmeeg.....

machoo.... u r viva is auto or manual ??? today i called that fu.. guy who is called Mr mohomed. he told me, my car will be delayed more than 2 weeks.coz manual transmission are not available.. i dont know whether he is telling lies . now he dosnt say certain date. the only thing that he says allocation are not there ( it mean chasis no & engin no ) .as i think this is very cheated answer... machn have i any ways to solve diz problem.... ( cant i get the advance which paid to that liers )

Mine is a Manual one machan. As i went to collect my car last friday i saw few more manual ones while i was talking with the ppl who have come to collect their cars. Most of them have ordered end of March and early April.

I dnt think you can get the advance machan. If you can see the reciept says 'non refundable'. Also it has no 'balance payment' mentioned and no 'delivary date' mention in it..:violent-smiley-099: Only thing you can do is wait. No option machan.. Shape eke inna wei, naththam thawa delay wei..:(

Mine is a Manual one machan. As i went to collect my car last friday i saw few more manual ones while i was talking with the ppl who have come to collect their cars. Most of them have ordered end of March and early April.

I dnt think you can get the advance machan. If you can see the reciept says 'non refundable'. Also it has no 'balance payment' mentioned and no 'delivary date' mention in it..:violent-smiley-099: Only thing you can do is wait. No option machan.. Shape eke inna wei, naththam thawa delay wei..:(

Just cos THEY says 'non-refundable' doesnt mean the law permits it. They cant hold your money indefinitely. I suggest you go ask them politely, failing with send them a letter of demand. Worst case lodge a police complaint.

• Like 1

ok machoo,,,,, thnkz for your regard ,,, the only thing i have to wait na.. :rolleyes: .will see on next time !!!!! :alc:

Just cos THEY says 'non-refundable' doesnt mean the law permits it. They cant hold your money indefinitely. I suggest you go ask them politely, failing with send them a letter of demand. Worst case lodge a police complaint.

'Watchman',

You are correct under consumer protection act you cannot do conditional sales to my knowlege.

Any one can call Cnsumer protection authority and make a written complain to them they will take the matter up.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Watchman',

You are correct under consumer protection act you cannot do conditional sales to my knowlege.

Any one can call Cnsumer protection authority and make a written complain to them they will take the matter up.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

call consumer protection authority 0113134446 and can get more details.